欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【看美剧学英语】《绝望的主妇》第一季 ➤ 第 2 集(中)

2022-11-29 19:32 作者:荟呀荟学习  | 我要投稿

视频中的台词里充满了原汁原味的地道表达,有需要学习、练习的同学可以对照视频进行翻译练习。


Desperate Housewives S1 E2

220.- Mrs. Solis. - Hello, Jonathan.

-索利斯夫人 -你好乔纳森

221.Well, this is my room. Sorry about the mess.

这是我房间 抱歉很乱

222.Oh, uh, don't worry about it.

没关系

223. You just missed my mom.

我妈妈刚刚离开

【翻译理解】根据表达重点选择翻译

(1)如果Gaby来找John的mom,那"just missed"该句可翻译为"你来晚一步,我妈刚走。"

(2)Gaby来找John,该句可译为"我妈刚走。"

224.On Friday,she coaches my sister's soccer team.

周五她要给我妹妹的足球队当教练

225.Yes, I heard that.

我听说了

226.John, we need to talk about what happened the other day.

约翰我们得谈谈前几天发生的事

227. Mr. Solis isn't catching on, is he?

索利斯没起疑吧

228. No, no, he doesn't have a clue, god love him.

没有 他没有证据

229. It's just I was thinking that when you come over to garden, you might actually have to garden.

我觉得你在花园里的时候 应该做点园艺活了

230.Great, you're breaking up with me.

你是想跟我分手

231. In my own bedroom.

还在我的卧室里

232. No. I'm not dumping you.

不 没有 我没想甩你

233.Lately, you've been the only thing keeping me going.

这几天 只有你能让我开心

234.But we can't do it at my house anymore.

但是我们不能在我家做了

235.Oh, so then, where do you want to do it?

那么 你想在哪里

236.Well, what time does your mom get back from soccer practice?

你妈妈什么时候从足球比赛回来

237.Mrs. Solis!

索利斯夫人

238.Better hurry. We don't have much time.

最好快点 时间可不多

239.And so there's just the four of us.

我们家有四口人

240. My older son, Andrew, is 16, Danielle is 15 and...

大儿子安德鲁16岁 丹妮尔15岁

241.I don't need to see pictures. Bree, you've spent most of the hour engaging in small talk.

布里我不用看照片 你大部分时间 都在说些题外话

242.- Oh, have I ? - Yes.

-是吗 -没错

243.Rex has been very vocal about his issues.

雷克斯对他的问题畅所欲言

244.Don't you want to discuss your feelings about your marriage?

你不想谈谈你对你婚姻的感受吗

245.Um, doc...

博士

246.This is the thing you got to know about Bree.

你必须了解布里这点

247.She doesn't like to talk about her feelings.

她不愿意谈她的感受

248. To be honest, it's hard to know if she has any.

实话说 很难知道她有没有感情

249.Does she feel anger, rage, ecstasy?

她会生气 暴怒 或者狂喜吗

250.Who knows?

没人见过

251.She's always pleasant, and I can't tell you how annoying that is.

她总是表现的很开心 你不知道我有多讨厌这点

252.Whatever she feels, it's so far below the surface, no one can see it.

她把情感都藏在心里 没人能知道

253.I feel like she's using all these...

我觉得她一直在用这些

254. Bree?

布里

255.- Bree? - What? I'm sorry.

-布里 -怎么了 抱歉

256.Would you like to respond to what Rex just said?

你愿意谈谈刚才雷克斯说的吗

257.- Oh, um... - Is there some truth there?

-哦 -他说的都是真的吗

258. Do you use housework as a way to disengage emotionally?

你在用家务活掩盖你的情感吗

【词对】disengage/engage

259.Of course not!

当然不是

260.This is great. I got tons of homework tonight.

真棒 我今天有很多作业

261. It's easy to concentrate after sex.

做以后注意力会很集中

262.I'm glad I could help.

很高兴能帮上忙

263. Education's very important.

教育很重要

264.Oh, I got something for you.

我有东西给你

265.I was gonna give it to you next time I mowed your lawn, but since you're here.

我本来打算下次 去修剪草坪时候给你 不过既然你来了

266.- Oh, it's a rose. - It's not just any rose.

-玫瑰 -它不是普通的玫瑰

267.Look at all the petals. There's no flaws.

看这些花瓣 没有瑕疵

268.- It's perfect. - Oh, John.

-它很完美 -约翰

269.Just like you.

就像你一样

270.The truth hit her like a thunderbolt.

事实像雷电一样击中了她

271.I spent days looking for just the right one.

我找这样的花很久了

272.I finally found it.

终于找到了

273.For John, this was no longer a meaningless little affair.

对于约翰来说 这已经不是简单的风流事了

274.Gabrielle could now clearly see he was falling in love with her.

加布丽尔明显地看出来 他已经爱上她了

275. It's just beautiful.

太美了

276.I... I got to go.

我得走了

277.Goodbye.

再见

278.Hey, you. What are we having?

你都买什么了

279.I talked to Julie and she suggested rib-eye steaks.

我问过朱莉了 她建议做肋排

280.- She said that's your favorite. - I love my steak.

-她说那是她的最爱 -我喜欢吃排骨

281.Hi, Mike.

麦克好啊

282.Susan.

苏珊

283. Edie.

伊迪

284.I'm sorry about your house. How you holding up?

你房子的事情我很遗憾 还好吗

285.All right, I guess. Oh, is somebody having a party?

还行吧 有人要办派对吗

286. No, Susan's just throwing me a traditional welcome dinner.

不是 苏珊邀请我 参加传统迎新邻居晚餐

287.Only I'm cooking. And having it at my house.

我负责做饭 就在我家

288.Traditional? Hm! I didn't get one.

传统晚餐 我怎么不知道

289.Oh, it's a new tradition.

是个新传统

290. It won't be anything fancy. Just a little home cooking.

不会有什么新奇的东西 就是在家吃

291. Mm. That sounds so good.

听起来不错嘛

292.Susan suddenly had an awful feeling in the pit of her stomach.

苏珊突然觉得 胃里有种不舒服的感觉

293. I've been having nothing but fast food lately.

我最近一直在吃快餐

294. As if she was watching an accident in slow motion.

她就好像在看一场事故的慢镜头

295.She knew it would happen, but was powerless to stop it.

眼睁睁看着一切发生 却无力阻止

296. Edie, would you like to join us for dinner?

伊迪 你愿意一块来吗

297.Oh, that's so sweet. No, I don't want to intrude. Three's a crowd.

那真好 哦 不行 我可不想做电灯泡

298. It's not like that. I mean, Susan's bringing Julie.

不是你想的那样 朱莉也会来

299. It's not like that. The more the merrier.

不是那样的 人越多越热闹

300.- Well, this'll be fun. - All right. Tomorrow night.

-那挺好的 -好 明晚见

301.- We'll eat at six. - Great.

-六点开饭 -好极了

302.- Oh, and Susan... - Yeah?

-对了苏珊 -什么事

303.This'll make up for the dinner that you never threw me.

这次就算你弥补欠我的那顿饭了

304.Right.

是啊

305.Ta-ta.

拜拜

306.Should I have told her we were having steak.

我应该告诉她我们会吃肋排吗

307.She's not a vegetarian or something?

她不会是素食者什么的吧

308.Oh, no.

不用

309. No, Edie's definitely a carnivore.

伊迪绝对是个肉食者[暗指伊迪风流成性]

310. Here's, um...

这些是

311. Here's what I pulled for Edie.

这些是我为伊迪准备的

312.Most of the clothes aren't that stylish.

大部分衣服都不太时髦

313.Don't worry about it. Edie's a beggar now, which means she can't be a chooser.

别担心 伊迪现在什么都没了 她没资格挑三拣四的

314.Of course, we don't have to add salt to the wound.

当然 我们也不能雪上加霜

315.Listen, I was just getting dinner ready...

我要去准备晚餐了

316.Say no more. I'll get out of your hair.

不用招呼我 我就不打扰你了

317. No, no.

客气

class="nolink">318. By the way, was that you I saw getting pulled over by a policeman?

对了 那天我看到有人被警察拦下 是你吗

319.Yeah, the boys were acting up in the car, I couldn't get them to sit down.

是的 孩子们在车里捣乱 我没法让他们乖乖坐下来

320.Young boys can be so willful.

小孩子们就是这么任性的

321.I try everything.

我用尽了办法

322.I scream. I threaten. I reason.

我向他们大吼 威胁 讲道理

323.I beg. Nothing works.

甚至哀求 通通不管用

324.I don't know if it's because they're too young and they don't understand, or if they're just getting some perverse joy out of testing me.

我不知道是不是 因为他们太小了根本就不懂 还是他们以挑衅我取乐

325. My mother used to have the worst time with me in the car, so one time when I was acting up, she stopped and left me on the side of the road,

我妈妈也曾因我在车上捣乱头疼 有一回我再次捣乱的时候 她停下车 把我扔在路边

326.and she drove off.

然后就自己开车走了

327. You're kidding?

开玩笑吧

328.Oh, she came back immediately, but I never misbehaved in the car again.

当然 她很快就回来了 但从此我在车上就乖乖听话了

329. You should try that.

你应该试试

330.Mrs. Huber, I could never leave my kids by the side of the road.

胡博太太 我永远不会 把我的孩子们丢在路边的

331.When it comes to discipline, sometimes you must be creative.

谈到管教孩子 有时你就得想想新招

332. My mother knew that. Smart lady.

我母亲深知这点 她是个聪明的女人

333.Of course, she's in a home now.

当然 她现在人在养老院

334.And her mind has just turned to mush.

脑子不太清楚了

335.Well, like I said, I should go back and get dinner ready.

差点忘了 我要回去准备晚餐了

336.Oh, right, well... Goodbye.

是啊 再见

337.Goodbye.

再见

338.Susan, have you been able to find old clothes for Edie?

苏珊 你能给伊迪找些旧衣服吗

339.She has nothing to wear.

她没衣服穿了

340.I thought that was the look she was going for.

那不正如她所愿了

341.Oh, Susan, Edie may be trash, but she's still a human being.

苏珊 伊迪可能确实不怎么样 但她好歹也是个人啊

342. Zach, is your dad home? I need to talk to him.

扎克 你爸爸在家吗 我想和他谈谈

343.Hey, Paul, I hope I'm not interrupting.

保罗 希望我没打扰你

344.Actually, I was getting ready to go somewhere.

事实上 我正要出门

345.I just wanted to come by and say hello, you know, see how you guys are doing.

我就是过来打个招呼 看看你们好不好

346.We're trying to move on. It's been pretty tough.

我们是想让这事过去 但这太难了

347.I can only imagine.

我能想象那种感觉

348.Not knowing why Mary Alice...

不知道为什么玛丽·艾莉丝

349.- Why what? - Why she did it.

-什么为什么 -为什么她自杀

350.- Oh. Here, let me help you. - I've got it. I've got it.

-小心 我来帮你 -我自己来 我能搬动

351.I'm sorry if I upset you.

如果让你伤心了我很抱歉

352.Can I be frank?

我能坦率点吗

353.Of course.

当然可以

354.I don't care what her reasons were.

我不在乎她自杀的原因是什么

355.Maybe she was depressed, maybe she was bored.

可能她很沮丧 可能她觉得很无聊

356. It doesn't matter.

都不重要

357.She abandoned her husband and her son and I'll never forgive her.

但她就这样抛弃了她的丈夫和孩子 我永远不会原谅她

358. As I watched Susan, I couldn't help feeling sorry for her.

当我看着苏珊 我觉得很抱歉

359.She wanted so much to know why I did it.

她是如此的想要弄明白真相

360.Why I killed myself.

为什么我要自杀

361. It's not enough to want the truth.

但仅仅想知道真相还远远不够

362. You must know where to look for it.

你必须知道如何去找

363.And the truth is elusive because it knows where to hide.

但真相是难以琢磨的 因为它知道如何隐藏自己

364.Hello, Julie, I talked to your mom about donating some clothes for Edie.

朱莉 你好 我跟你妈妈说过 捐点衣服给伊迪的事情

365.She's at Mrs. Van De Kamp's, but I'll see if she left some stuff upstairs.

她在范德坎普太太家 我上楼看看她有没有留下什么

366.Oh, Julie, I-I was, um, just admiring your new measuring cup.

朱莉 我只是在看你们的新量杯

367.- Yeah, we've lost ours. - Really?

-我们之前的那个丢了 -是吗

368. So I couldn't find the clothes. Sorry.

我没找到什么衣服 不好意思

369.That's ok.

没关系

370.If you want me to keep looking.

你希望我再找找吗

371. No. You've done more than enough.

不用 你做的已经够多了

372.Truly.

真的

373. Bree. Rex just called. He won't be able to meet you here today.

布里 雷克斯刚刚电话来说他今天不能来了

374.Apparently, there was an emergency at the hospital.

可能是医院出了一些紧急事件

375.Oh, well, I wish he'd called me.

我希望他是给我打的电话

【语法重点】wish+had done:与过去事实相反的愿望

376.He suggested perhaps you'd like to meet with me by yourself.

他建议你或许可以自己先跟我谈谈

377. You've been very quiet in our joint sessions.

在我们的会面中你一直说的很少

378.What?

什么

379.Oh, oh, oh, no, thank you.

哦 不不 谢谢你

380.I have some things I need to do today.

我今天还有别的事

381.- Are you sure? - Uh, yeah, I'm sure.

-你确定吗 -是 我确定

382. Ok.

好的

383.Dr. Goldfine, there is something you can do for me.

高德芬博士 有一件事你可以帮我

384.- What's that? - Take off your coat.

-什么事 -把你的外套脱下来

385. So you're taking Julie on your dinner date with Mike?

所以你得带上朱莉和麦克共进晚餐

386.Well, if Edie's gonna be there, I'll need emotional support.

是的 如果伊迪也在那的话 我需要一些精神支持

387.I can't believe she wormed her way in.

我真不敢相信她插手了

388. How did you let her do that?

你就让她这么做了吗

389.I don't know. I was going to take her out at the knees, but it all happened so fast.

我不知道 我正要把她踢开 但事情发生的太快了

390.Well, you know what you need to do.

你知道你要怎么做吗

391. You need to get there early, spend a little time with Mike before the little barracuda gets there.

你要尽早到那里 在那个女人来之前跟麦克多待一会

392.That's a good idea. Edie will get there at 5:45, which means her breasts will arrive at 5:30, so I should shoot for 5:00.

好主意 伊迪五点四十五分到那 那意味着她会猴急的五点半就到 那我应该五点就出现

393.That a girl.

这才对

394.I'm just going to take these upstairs.

我把这些东西拿上楼

395.I'm going to keep my one little bag and go home.

我就拿这个小袋子回家了

396.That is a beautiful rose. Where did you get it?

这玫瑰真漂亮 你从哪弄来的

397.Oh, John gave it to me.

约翰送我的

398.John... your gardener, he gave you a rose?

约翰 你的园丁 他送你玫瑰

399.Yes... I am having some new bushes planted outside, and he gave me that as a color palette.

是的 我在外面弄了一块新的花园 他就给了我这个来做些点缀

400. Ok.

好吧

401.Sure is beautiful, isn't it?

这花真是太美了 对吧

402.Yes, it is.

是的 真的很美

403.I'm sure Freud would not approve of this.

我确定弗洛伊德不会赞成这个的

404.Oh, who cares what he thinks?

谁管弗洛伊德怎么想

405.I took psychology in college.

我大学时学过心理学

406.We learned all about Freud.

我们学的全是弗洛伊德

407.A miserable human being.

一个可悲的人

408.What makes you say that?

你为什么会这么说

409.Think about it.

想想看

410.He grew up in the late 1800s.

他生活在十八世纪晚期

411.There were no appliances back then.

那时候还没有任何电器

412.His mother had to do everything by hand, just backbreaking work from sun up to sundown.

他母亲不得不亲手做每一件事情 忙忙碌碌从早到晚

413.Not to mention the countless other sacrifices she had to make to take care of her family, and what does he do?

更别提她为了照顾好她的家庭 而做出的其他那些 难以衡量的牺牲 而当时他在做什么

414.He becomes famous peddling a theory that the problems of most adults can be traced back to something awful their mother has done.

他发表了一种广为人知的理论 而这种理论就是 绝大多数成年人的问题 都可以归结到他们母亲做过的 某些可怕的事情上去

415.She must've felt so betrayed.

他母亲一定很难受

416.He saw how hard she worked.

他看到了她有多么辛苦

417.He saw what she did for him.

也看到了她为他所做的一切

418.Did he even ever think to say thank you?

他曾想过要对她说谢谢吗

419.I doubt it.

我很怀疑

420.There you go.

缝好了

421.Just so you know, many of Freud's theories have been discredited.

你要知道 弗洛伊德的很多理论 都倍受争议

422.Good.

很好

423.Boys, I am not gonna tell you again. Sit.

小子们 我再说最后一次 坐下

424.I mean it. I am serious.

我认真的

425. You guys are gonna be in so much trouble if you don't sit back in those seats.

如果你们再不坐下 就会有大麻烦了

426.For the first time, Lynette could see this was not the innocent play of children.

勒奈特第一次发现 这不仅仅是小孩们的游戏了

427.She was being challenged.

他们在挑战她的极限

428. So she decided it was time to get creative.

所以她决定是时候要用点办法了

429.Out! Can't behave, you heard me, you cannot ride.

出来 我警告过 不听话就不能坐车了

430. You, out, move it.

你 出来 快点

431.Where is she going?

她要去哪

432. Ok. Mommy's a genius.

妈妈是个天才

433.Five, six, all right.

五 六 好了

434.Uh, mommy'll be right back.

妈妈很快就回来

435.Boys? Boys?

孩子们 孩子们

436.Boys?!

宝贝们

437.Porter! Preston! Parker!

波特 普雷斯顿 帕克

438.If you're hiding, you've got to stop now, cause mommy doesn't think it's funny!

如果你们藏起来了 赶紧给我出来 妈妈觉得一点都不好玩

439.Oh! excuse me.

哦 不好意思

440.I'm sorry. I'm looking for my boys.

对不起 我在找我的孩子

441.Three boys with red hair. Have you seen them?

三个红色头发的男孩 你看见他们了吗

442.Yeah. I also saw you drive away and leave them.

当然 我还看见你把他们扔下自己开车走了

443.I know. I was just trying to scare them into behaving.

我只是想吓唬一下好让他们乖一点

444.Did you see where they went?

你看到他们去哪了吗

445.Yeah, they're in my kitchen.

他们在我厨房里

446.Listen, it seems to me that you have some anger management issues.

听着 在我看来 你在情绪控制上有些问题

447.I have four kids under six.

我有四个不到六岁的孩子

448.I absolutely have anger management issues.

我当然得好好控制情绪

449.I think you need to talk to somebody because abandoning your children...

我觉得你需要找人谈谈 因为你居然遗弃了自己的孩子

450.I didn't abandon them. I came back.

我没有遗弃他们 我回来了

451.I'm just saying it's not normal.

我是说 这可不是件寻常小事

452. My kids aren't normal and now I don't have time for this, lady, so -- Boys, get out here.

我的孩子们本来就不寻常 而且女士我现在真的没时间谈这个 孩子们 出来

453.I don't think they should go anywhere until you calm down.

除非你冷静下来 不然我不会让他们出来的

454.- Get in the car. - She's got cookies.

-上车 -她给了我们饼干

455.- Bring them, we're leaving. - Stay put.

-带上它们 我们要走了 -不许动

456.- I don't think so. Oh! - Listen, lady...

-我不同意 -听着 女士

457.- Leave my mommy alone. - Let go of me.

-别碰我妈妈 -让我过去

458.- What's the matter with you? - Son of bi... Ah!

-你有什么神经病 -婊 噢

459.- Run, boys, run! - Come on!

-快跑 孩子们 跑 -快

460.- Oh, crap. - Get back here.

-糟了 -给我回来

461.Boys, you're gonna need to put on your...

孩子们 你们需要系好

462.Get back or I'm gonna call social services.

给我回来 我要叫保安了

【看美剧学英语】《绝望的主妇》第一季 ➤ 第 2 集(中)的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律