欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

Lesson23 各有所爱

2023-03-13 00:53 作者:陆泓伯  | 我要投稿

We Love Different Things

 

 

One Man’s Meat is Another Man’s Poison

在决定什么能吃而什么不能吃的时候,人们往往变得不合情理。

 

 

 

People often became irrational when deciding what can or cannot be eaten.

 

 

 

比如,如果你住在地中海地区,你会把章鱼视作是美味佳肴。

 

 

 

For an example, if you living in the Mediterranean,you will think octopus as a delicious food.

 

 

 

同时不能理解为什么有人一见章鱼就恶心。

 

Meanwhile, have no idea about why there   are someone feel nausea when looking at octopus.

 

另一方面,你一想到动物油炸土豆就会反胃,但这在北方许多国家却是一种普通的烹任方法。

 

 

 

On the other hand, you feel regurgitation when realizing animal oil frying potatoes, but this is a common cuisine in many northern countries.

 

 

 

不无遗憾的是, 我们中的大部分人,生来就只吃某几种食品,而且一辈子都这样。

 

 

 

It’s a pity that most of us born to eat some kinds of foods, and keep this situation whole life.

 

 

 

没有一种生物所受到的赞美和厌恶会超过花园里常见的蜗牛了。

No more creatures can exceed the nails which   are easy to find in garden on achieving praises and nuisances.

 

 

蜗牛加酒烧煮后,便成了世界上许多地方的一道珍奇的名菜。

 

Nails turn into a precious and famous   dish in many places all over the world after cooked in wine.

 

有不计其数的人们从小就知道蜗牛可做菜。

 

 

 

There are uncountable people know that nails can be made into dishes since their childhood.

 

 

 

但我的朋友罗伯特却住在一个厌恶蜗牛的国家中。

 

 

But my friend Robert lives in a country   that hates nails.

他住在大城市里的一所公寓里,没有自己的花园。

 

He lives in a flat in a big city, and don’t   have his own garden.

 

多年来,他一直让我把我园子里的蜗牛收集起来给他捎去。

 

For many years, he always told me to   collect the nails in my garden and send to him.

 

一开始,他的这一想法没有引起我多大兴趣。

At first, his opinion didn’t attract my   interest.

 

 

后来有一天,一场大雨后,

Then one day, after a deluge,

 

 

我在花园里漫无目的散步,突然注意到许许多多蜗牛在我的一些心爱的花木上慢悠悠的蠕动着。

 

 

 

I wandering in my garden for no purpose, and suddenly I noticed that many nails creeping slowly on my treasured flowers and trees.

 

 

 

我一时冲动,逮了几十只,装进一只纸袋里,带着去找罗伯特。

I was seized with a momentary impulse and   caught dozens of them, putting them in a paper bag, and inviting Robert with   them.

 

 

罗伯特见到我很高兴,对我的薄礼也感到满意。

Robert felt happy to meet me, and also   satisfied to my meager present.

 

 

我把纸袋放在门厅里,与罗伯特一起进了起居室,在那里聊了好几个钟头。

 

 

 

I put the paper bag in the vestibule, entered the living room with Robert, and chat with him for several hours there.

 

 

 

我把蜗牛的事已忘得一干二净,罗伯特突然提出一定要我留下来吃晚饭。

 

 

 

I was already fall the nails behind my mind, until suddenly Robert invoked me to having dinner,

 

 

 

这才提醒了我。蜗牛当然是道主菜。

 

that mentioned me. Of course the nails   are a entrée.

 

我并不喜欢这个主意,所以我勉强跟着罗伯特走出了起居室。

I didn’t like this idea, so I went out of   the living room with Robert reluctantly.

 

 

使我们惊愕的是门厅里到处爬满了蜗牛:

What made us surprised is that all the   vestibule are creeping nails:

 

 

它们从纸袋里逃了出来,爬得满厅都是!

They escape from the paper bag, and   wriggled all over the hall!

 

 

从那以后,我再也不能看一眼蜗牛了。

 

Since then, I can’t look at the nail   again.


Lesson23 各有所爱的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律