欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

《是,大臣》第一季 第一集 透明政府(下) by破烂熊字幕组

2021-09-02 10:01 作者:荒原ZERO  | 我要投稿

转场汉弗莱在和阿诺德一起喝茶休息

阿诺德·罗宾逊爵士(Sir Arnold Robinson):你的新大臣怎么样 汉弗莱?

How’s  your new Minister, Humphrey?

汉弗莱:以一个新人来说学得的很快(原字幕如此,应为“学得很快“)

Learning the rules very quickly for a newboy.

你的新内阁怎么样?

How’s  your new Cabinet?

阿诺德:没问题

No problem.

很难找出和上一届有什么不同

It’s hard to tell the difference with the last one.

汉弗莱:阿诺德 我听说最近美国的大使

Arnold, I hear the American Ambassador’s been spending

经常和首相在一起

A lot of time with the PM.

阿诺德:是的

Yes.

汉弗莱:有敌意的还是友好的?

Defence or trade ?

阿诺德:两者都有

Both.

汉弗莱:那个航天系统的合同?

The aerospace systems contract ?

阿诺德:暂时别让内阁听到

Ssh. Don’t  want the cabinet to hear about it yet.

汉弗莱:这个 航空的东西对于首相来讲

This aerospace thingumy would be

<原字幕如此 应为“thingummy”n. 指(不知、或忘记、或不想提及其名的)某某,那个人,那东西>

应该算是一个妙举 是吗?

Rather a coup for the PM, wouldn’t it?

阿诺德:是的 现在新首相可以赢得声望了

Yes, now the new PM will take the credit.

伯纳(手拿文件):很抱歉打扰了 阿诺德先生 汉弗莱先生

Sorry to intrude Sir Arnold, Sir Humphrey,

如果你能过一下大臣的演讲稿

If you could just OK the Minister’s  speech,

我就可以把它给议会了

I can get it straight to the House.

汉弗莱:好的 当然可以 想加入我们吗?

Yes, of course. Like to join us ?

伯纳:哦 谢谢 汉弗莱先生 不过我现在很忙

Oh, thank you ,Sir Humphrey, so long as I’m  not too long .

汉弗莱:给你自己弄杯咖啡吧(up:那这么说老狐狸们也在喝咖啡啦)

Get yourself a cup of coffee.

所以这对首相来说就应该是个羞耻了

So it would be rather an embarrassment to the PM,

不是吗?如果一个爱幻想的大臣

Wouldn’t it? If a hypothetical Minister were to rock

想要掀翻英国和美国人的船?

The Anglo American boat?

阿诺德:绝对的羞耻

Grave embarrassment.

汉弗莱:多么绝对?

How grave?

阿诺德:我想会是人仰马翻

Man overboard, I should think.

汉弗莱:足以缩短一个前途美好的大臣的职业生涯了?

Enough to cut short a promising new Ministerial career?

阿诺德:没有问题

No question.

伯纳端咖啡近前,收下汉弗莱签字的文件

汉弗莱:坐下吧 伯拿

Pull up a chair, Bernard…

说一说你对我们的新大臣的看法

And tell us what you think of our new Minister.

伯纳:非常不错

Well absolutely fine.

汉弗莱:是的 我们会马上就培训好他的

Yes, we’ll have him housetrained in no time.

他把整个日程都囫囵吞下了

He swallowed the whole diary,

我想他上周废寝忘食的完成所有的档案盒了?

And I gather he did his boxes like a lamb last weekend?

伯纳:是的 他都完成了

Yes. Yes he did.

汉弗莱:我们必须让他忘掉透明政府这种瞎话

We must head him off this Open government nonsense.

伯纳:我以为那些白皮书的名字就是“透明政府“   

I thought we were calling the White Paper “Open government”

汉弗莱:是的 我们总把难的部分跟放在题目里

Always dispose of the difficult bit in the title.

放那里比放到文章里要无害多了

Does less harm there than in the text.

阿诺德:你越不想做什么事情

The less you intend to do about something,

就越会不断地说这件事

The more you have to keep talking about it.

伯纳:不过“透明政府“有什么不对吗?

What’s  wrong with open government?

为什么公众不能对正在发生的事知道的更详细些?

Why shouldn’t  the public know moreabout what’ going on?

阿诺德:你当真吗?

Are you serious?

伯纳:是啊我是说 这毕竟是大臣的政策

Well, yes. I mean it’s the Minister’s policy, after all. 

阿诺德:这个短语本身就互相矛盾

It’s  a contradiction in terms.

你可以是透明或者你可以有个政府

You can be open or you can have government.

伯纳:不过 民主政府的公民们当然有权利了解

But surely the citizens of a democracy have a right to know.

汉弗莱:不 他们有无知的权利

No. They have a right to be ignorant.

知识代表着阴谋和罪行

Knowledge only means complicity and guilt.

无知倒有一定的尊严

Ignorance has a certain dignity.

伯纳:不过如果大臣想要这个“透明政府“

But if the Minister wants…

汉弗莱:你不能只是让人得其所愿

You don’t just give people what they want,

要是这对他们并无好处的话

If it’s not good for them.

你会给一个酒鬼白兰地吗?

Do you give brandy to an alcoholic?

阿诺德:如果人们不知道你在干什么

If people don’t know what you are doing,

他们就不知道你做错了什么

They don’t know what you are doing wrong.

伯纳:抱歉 先生们 我是大臣的私人秘书 如果他想…

I am the Minister’s Private Secretary, and if he wants…

汉弗莱:你总不能帮着我们的大臣让他出丑吧

You must not help him to make a fool of himself.

看看我们以往的那些大臣

Look at the Minister we’ve  had.

之所以没在前三个月就遗人笑柄

Everyone of them would have been a laughing stock in there month

都是因为他们能够坚定不移地保守了秘密

Had it not been for the most rigid secrecy about what they were up to.

伯纳:那你有什么建议呢?

What do you propose to do?

汉弗莱:你能保守秘密吗?

Can you keep a secret?

伯纳:当然了

Of course.

汉弗莱:我也能

So can I.

请原谅 我得去打个电话

Excuse me, I have to make a phone call.

汉弗莱起身离去

伯纳:我最好把这个还给大臣了

Well, I’d  Better be getting this back to the Minister.

汉弗莱在打电话

汉弗莱:马丁·威瑟尔有没有拿到(原字幕如此,应为“马丁,威瑟尔有没有拿到”)

Martin. Has the weasel had a copy of the invoice

新的美国寻址机器的发票复印件?

For the new American addressing machines?

马丁:我以为您说那个是机密文件

I thought you said it was sensitive.

汉弗莱:的确是这样 今天给他看吧

So it is . Got it to him today.

哦 还有马丁让他在一摞文件的底部看到它

Oh, and Martin , let him find it near the bottom of the pile.

转场到大臣办公室 吉姆在沙发上面看文件 弗兰克推门而入

弗兰克:吉姆 吉姆

Jim, Jim.

吉姆:怎么了

Yes.

弗兰克:看看我找到了什么

Look what I’ve  found.

我们这次可抓到他们的小辫子了

We’ve  got them by the short and curlies.

吉姆:你说什么呢?

What’re you talking about ?

弗兰克:该死的汉弗莱·阿博柏先生

We’ve got Sir Humphrey Bloody appleby

和太妃糖鼻子 自大的伍列先生

And Mr. Toffee Nosed Snooty Wolley

就在我们想要抓的地方 看这个

Just where we want them. See this?

这张看起来很无辜的纸

This innocent-looking piece of paper.

这个政治炸药

Political dynamite.

吉姆:冷静点 我都不明白你到底在说什么

Calm down. What are you talking about ?

这是个一千个监控显示设备终端机的发票

This is an invoice for 1,000 computer video display terminals.

每个一万英镑 也就是说一共一千万英镑

At 10,000 pounds each, that is, ten million pounds.

吉姆:然后呢?

So?

伯纳:是匹兹堡制造公司生产的

Made by Pittsburgh Manufacturing Corporation Inc.,

吉姆:从美国进口的?

Imported from America ?

弗兰克:是啊

I know.

吉姆:但是我们自己也制造电脑外围设备

But we make computer peripherals in this country.

就在我自己的选区啊

In my constituency

弗兰克:就是啊!

I know!

吉姆:失业问题怎么办?

What about unemployment?

弗兰克:就是啊!

I know!

吉姆:我必须阻止它

This must be stopped.

吉姆正要打电话 伯纳推门而入

伯纳:汉弗莱先生想…哦 对不起

Sir Humphrey to see… oh sorry.

吉姆:哦 不 不 进来

Oh no. No , come in.

我想见你们两个 快进来

I want to see you both, come on.

汉弗莱先生 请坐

Sir Humphrey, take a seat.

汉弗莱:谢谢 大臣

Thank you, Minister.

吉姆:弗兰克刚刚发现这个关于

Now then, Frank here has just discovered this contract

从美国那里购入价值一千万英镑的

For the import of ten million pound’s worth

监视终端的合同

Of video display terminals, from America.

汉弗莱:我能看一下吗?

May I see?

哦 是的 给白厅的公务员用的

Oh yes . For the whole Civil Service in Whitehall.

吉姆:不过这些东西不是英国的

But they’re not British.

汉弗莱:很不幸 是的

That is unfortunately true.

吉姆:我们的国家也生产这些东西

We make these machines in this country.

汉弗莱:不是同样的质量

Not of the same quality.

吉姆:更好的质量在我的选区

Better quality. In my constituency.

汉弗莱:我们被告知…

We were advised…

吉姆:这个合同必须被阻止

This contract must be stopped.

汉弗莱:这不在我的权力之内了 大臣 只有财政部才能取消

It’s beyond my power, Minister. This can only be cancelled by the Treasury.

弗兰克:为什么?

Why’s that ?

汉弗莱:公务方面关于取消合同有了一个

Would be a major policy change for the Civil Service

重要的政策改变 尤其是海外的合同

To cancel contracts, especially with oversears suppliers.

也许你想和内阁提一下这件事情

If you’d  like to take it up with the Cabinet.

吉姆:我该怎么面对我的政党?

How am I to face my constituency party?

汉弗莱:为什么他们需要知道?

Why need they know ?

为什么要别人知道?

Why need anybody know?

我们当作什么都没发生

We can see that it never gets out.

弗兰克:透明政府

Open government.

吉姆:对啊透明政府

That’s right. Open government.

弗兰克:如果这个合同不能被取消 那它就应该被公开

If the order can’t be cancelled, it must be published.

吉姆:正确 应该公开它

That’s  right. It must be published.

汉弗莱:为什么?

Why?

吉姆(语塞):为什么 弗兰科?

Why, Frank?

弗兰克:宣言

The manifesto.

而且会让你的前任看起来像个叛徒

Also it will make your predecessor look like a traitor.

吉姆:对 两个无法忽视的原因

Two unanswerable reasons.

弗兰克:这事不能讨价还价!

You didn’t bargain for this!

汉弗莱:你不会是在建议让

You’re not suggesting

大臣在演讲里把这个机密的

That the Minister should make a positive reference

交易作为正面参考吧?

To this confidential transaction in a speech.

弗兰克(响指):演讲 就是这个

Speech. That’s it.

吉姆 那个国家公众雇主工会的会议的演讲怎么样?

Jim, what about the speech to the Union of office Employees?

吉姆:我会告诉他们这个可耻的合同

I’ll tell them about this scandalous contract.

而且我们今天就要发布出去

And we’ll release it to te press today.

弗兰克:现在是谁在管理国家了?

Who’s running the country now?

汉弗莱:啊…是的

Well…yes.

吉姆:你反对?

You object?

汉弗莱:如果我们惹恼美国人的话

It might be regrettable,

也许事情会很难办

If we upset the American.

吉姆:美国人

The Americans.

是他们丢掉他们自满的经济态度的时候了

It’s time they lose their commercial complacency.

我们必须关注英国的穷人 不是美国的富人

We must think of the British poor, not the American rich!

弗兰克:对!

Right

汉弗莱:如果那是您的直接指令的话

If that is your express wish,

整个部门都会支持你的 全力以赴

The Department will back you, up to the hilt.

吉姆(肯定地点头):那是我的直接指令

That is my express wish.

伯纳:我最好把演讲稿给有关部门请求通过

I’d Better circulate the speech to the relevant department for clearance.

吉姆:通过?和别的部门又没关系

Clearance?It got nothing to do with other department.

汉弗莱:透明政府要求我们应该和我们的同事

Open government demands that we should include our colleagues,

以及我们富利特街[vi]上的朋友一起共事

As well as our friends in Fleet Street.

吉姆:哦是的 的确是这样

Oh yes, that’s fair enough.

弗兰克:我可不确定

I’m not sure.

吉姆:谢谢你们 还有 汉弗莱…

Thank you. And Humphrey…

要把它直接交给媒体

See that goes straight to the press.

汉弗莱:我们会履行您的要求

We shall serve your best interests.

吉姆:谢谢

Thank you.

汉弗莱出门 伯纳关门

吉姆(摆弄录音器):那么…

Now then…

我看看

Let me see.

透明政府

Open government.

我们保证人们会给他们一个透明政府

As you know. We’ve made a pledge to the people about open government.

那就开始吧

So let’s have some.

我了解到就在上一个月 上一届政府

I have discovered that only last month, the previous government.

签了一份一千万英镑的进口合同

Signed a contract to import 10,000 pounds of office equipment.

用于公务员的办公室用品…

To used by the Civil Service…

弗兰克:官僚!

Bureaucracy!

吉姆:提供给公务官僚的用品

Used by the Civil Service bureaucracy.

所以 我们被匹兹堡聪明的

So , we are being fobbed off with second rate American junk

推销员用二等货给欺骗了

By smart Aleck salesmen from Pittsburgh

而英国的工厂却歇业

While British factories stand empty

英国的工人排着长队领施舍品

And British workmen queue up for the dole.

伯纳:失业救济金

Unemployment benefit.

吉姆:施舍品 伯拿

The dole, Bernard.

“这就是我对咱们大洋对面

“Much as I personally value the friendship of our great cousins

了不起的表弟的看法“

From across the sea”.

转场,快递员带上文件开摩托走了

回到办公室,吉姆在沙发上面看报 伯纳推门而入

伯纳:打扰一下 大臣 有点事情

Excuse me Minister, something’s come up

吉姆:什么事情

Yes?

伯纳:是首相那里的事情

A minute from the PM’s Office.

吉姆:我很忙

I’m pretty busy.

伯纳:我想你必须看一下 大臣

I do think you ought to read this, Minister.

吉姆:那上面写了些什么?

What does it say?

伯纳:首相打算下个月访问华盛顿

The PM is planning a visit to Washington next month

吉姆:讨论一个价值不菲的英美安防贸易合约

For a valuable Anglo American defence trade agreement

伯纳:其重要性不可小觑

Its importance cannot be overestimated.

吉姆:好啊天哪 我的演讲已经给媒体了吗?

Fine. God Has my speech gone to the press?

伯纳:我想是的 按照您的要求

I presume so, as you requested.

汉弗莱推门而入

汉弗莱:很抱歉 不过首相府已经乱套了

I’m sorry, but all hell’s just broken loose at Number Ten.

他们问为什么你的演讲未经审查

They’re asking why your speech didn’t obtain clearance.

吉姆:你怎么回答的?

What did you say?

汉弗莱:我说我们相信透明政府

I said we believed in open government.

不过看起来只让事情变得更糟

But it seemed to make things worse.

首相希望在议会见您 马上

The PM wants to see you in the House, right away.

吉姆(手足无措):会发生什么?

What’s going to happen?

汉弗莱(双手交叉相握):水能载舟 亦能覆舟

The Prime Minister giveth and the Prime Minister taketh away.

祝福首相

Blessed be the name of the Prime Minister.

转场首相办公室外

吉姆:你好 维克…

Hello, Vic…

汉弗莱·阿博柏先生 维克·果德 我们的首席组织秘书

Sir Humphrey appleby, Vic Gould, our ChiefWhip.

维克:你真是会惹麻烦啊是吗?

You really are a pain in the ass, aren’t you?

首相都快跳墙了

The PM’s going up the wall.

以头抢地了

Hitting the roof.

你不能随便发表那样的演讲

You can’t go around making speeches like that.

弗兰克:这是个透明政府

It’s Open government.

维克:闭嘴 威瑟尔 谁问你

Shut up, Weasel.

弗兰克:埃瑟尔!

Wiesel!

吉姆:不过透明政府是我们宣言的主要纲领

But Open government was the main plank in our manifesto.

首相也是这么认为的

The PM believe in it too.

维克:透明 是的 不过不是裂了个大洞

Open, yes. But not gaping.

搞政治就要学会怎样机智的说话 傻瓜!

In politics you have to learn say things with tact, you berk!

还有什么时候不应该说话

And when to say nothing at all.

你当大臣多长时间了?

How long have you been a Minister?

吉姆:一周半了

Week and half.

维克:也许你能进吉尼斯纪录了

I think You may find a place in the Guinness book of records.

我已经能看到标题了

I can see the headlines already.

“内阁在美国贸易问题上产生分歧

“Cabinet split on U.S. Trade.

哈克发起对首相的叛乱“

Hacker leads revolt against Prime Minister.

这就是你想要的 是不是?

That’s what you want, is it?

维克离去

阿诺德接着出来

汉弗莱:阿诺德先生 有什么新消息吗?

Ah, Sir Arnold, what news?

阿诺德:那个演讲让首相很焦虑

That speech is causing the PM some distress.

它确实已经捅到媒体那里了吗?

Has it definitely been released to the Press?

汉弗莱:首相的直接指令是中午

Well, the Minister gave express instructions for noon.

不是吗?

Isn’t that right?

阿诺德:你真是让我惊骇 汉弗莱

I’m appalled at you, Humphrey.

你怎么能让首相在甚至没上电视的情况下

How could you let the Minister put himself in this position

就置身于这样糟的状况?

Without going to the public channel?

汉弗莱:我们相信透明政府

We believe in open government

我们想打开窗户 透进一些新鲜空气

We want to open the windows and let in a bit of fresh air.

不是吗? 大臣

Isn’t that right, Minister?

阿诺德:这对政党来说是个好口号

It’s good party stuff,

但这让首相很难堪

But it puts the PM in a very difficult situation.

吉姆:那我们对透明政府做出的承诺呢?

What about our commitment to Open government?

阿诺德:看起来这已经是透明政府的最后一季了

This seems to be the closed season for open government.

汉弗莱:你要不要考虑一下

Do you want to give thought

写辞呈的草稿?

To draft letter of resignation?

以防万一…

Just in case…

吉姆:我们不能把它遮掩过去吗?

Can’t we hush it up?

汉弗莱:遮掩?

Hush it up?

吉姆:是的 遮掩过去

Yes, hush it up.

汉弗莱:你是说…把消息压下去?

You mean… suppress it?

吉姆:是的 就这个意思

Yes, I suppose I do.

汉弗莱:你的意思是说 在你安排的

You mean that within the framework of the guidelines

透明政府的指引方针内

About open government that you have laid down,

你建议我们应该采用一个更灵活的态度

You’re suggesting we should adopt a more flexible posture?

吉姆:我是这个意思吗?哦 是的 是的

Am I? Oh yes. Yes.

伯纳赶过来

伯纳:大臣 关于记者会…

Minister about the press release…

我们似乎还有

There appears to be a development

回转的余地

Could precipitate a reappraisal of our position.

我们忘了各部门的审查过程

We forgot the interdepartmental clearance procedure.

附加阻止令起效果了

The supplementary stop order came into effect.

所以 你的演讲还没捅给媒体

So, your speech hasn’t gone to the Press.

它只是捅到了首相的私人办公室

It’s only gone to the PM’s Private Office

而没有首相和外交部的指示

And the Duty Officer had no instructions to pass it out

行动事务员没有把它公布

Without clearance of the PM and the foreign office.

吉姆:不过为什么呢?

But how come?

汉弗莱(右手拍胸,一脸愧疚):这全都是我的错 大臣

The fault is entirely mine, Minister.

这个阻止公布演讲的程序是在

The procedure of the holding up of press releases dates back to

确立透明政府之前的事情了

Before open government

我不知为什么忘了废除它了

And I unaccountably omitted to rescind it.

我希望你能原谅我的过失

I hope you forgive this lapse.

吉姆:哦 当然了

Well, yes, of course.

当然没问题了

That’s quite all right.

汉弗莱:谢谢 大臣

Thank you, Minister.

吉姆:毕竟 我们都会犯错误

After all, we all make mistakes.

汉弗莱(意味深长):是 大臣

Yes, Minister.

吉姆: 。。。

appearing in

YES MINISTER

WERE

 

PAUL EDDINGTON

As James Hacker

 

NIGEL HAWTHORNE

as Sir Humphrey appleby

 

DEREK FOWLDS

as Bernard Woolley

 

JOHN NETTLETON

as Sir Arnold Robinson

 

EDWARD JEWESBURY

as Vic Gould

 

DIANA HODDINOTT

as Annie Hacker

 

NELL FITZWILIAM

as Frank Weisel

 

NORMAN MITCHELL

as the Mayor

DAVID MORAN

as Nigel Lloyd-Pritchard

FRASER KERR

as the Radio Reporter

 

Script by

ANTONY JAY

And

JONATHAN LYNN

 

Costume

DOROTHEA WALLACE

Make-up

KIM BURNS

 

Graphic Designer

PETER CLAYTON

 

Film Cameraman

PAUL WHEELER

Film Sound

RON BLIGHT

Film Editor

MICHAEL CASEY

 

Studio Lighting

DUNCAN BROWN

Studio Sound

ALAN MACHIN

 

Production Assistant

BRIAN JONES

 

Design

JIM CLAY

 

Produced by

STUART ALLEN

©BBC MCMLXXIX

破烂熊字幕组

-==http://www.ragbear.com-==

欢迎加入


[i] 影子大臣:英国议会多数党领袖担任英国首相,并由他负责挑选本党人员组成内阁。而最大的在野党随之成为正式的反对党,并组织“影子内阁”(Shadow Cabinet),其成员即为“影子大臣”。存在是为了促使当任内阁倒台,并最终取而代之,称“影子内阁”为“预备内阁”或“在野内阁”似乎更为确切。

[ii] 英国现任内阁各大臣一览(不以重要排名):

1.财政大臣

2.文官大臣

3.外交大臣

4.内政大臣

5.兰开斯特公爵郡大臣  

6.司法大臣

7.脱欧大臣  

8.国防大臣

9.卫生和社会工作大臣

10.商业、能源和产业战略大臣

11.就业和养老金大臣

12.妇女和平等事务大臣

13.教育大臣

14.环境、食品和乡村事务大臣

15.住房、社区和地方政府事务大臣

16.交通大臣

17.北爱尔兰事务大臣

18苏格兰事务大臣

19.威尔士事务大臣

20.掌玺大臣

21.数字化、文化、媒体和体育大臣

22.国际发展大臣

23.不管大臣(不专管某一部事务的部长级官员, 常受首相委托,处理某些特殊政务)

剧中“行政事务部“应为虚构,以其机构臃肿,人事冗杂来适应剧情表现

[iii] 10号:指唐宁街10号(10 Downing Street) 位于英国首都伦敦威斯敏斯特,威斯敏斯特区白厅旁的唐宁街,一所乔治亚风格建筑物。传统上是第一财政大臣的官邸,但自从此职由首相兼领后,就成为今日普遍认为的英国首相官邸,已成为英国首相的象征。其设计朴实的黑色木门,缀上白色的阿拉伯数字“10”,成为了人所共知的标记。本剧第一季播出时为1980,正值玛格利特·撒切尔任职首相第二年,前任为吉姆·哈克原型詹姆斯·卡拉汉(考据来自知乎@雨落右北平)

[iv] 公共账目委员会(Public Accounts Committee)。审查政府的各项账目,提出议会为满足公共开支对议会授权基金的分配使用情况。

[v] 沃森斯道((Walthamstow)):有着伦敦,英国,乃至欧洲有名的街头集市以及赛狗赛事,吸引着许多前往伦敦旅游的游客

[vi] 富利特街(Fleet Street):指英国伦敦市内依邻近的舰队河命名的名街。一直到20世纪80年代舰队街都是传统上英国媒体的总部,因此被称为英国报纸的老家。今日舰队街依旧是英国媒体的代名词,即使最后一家英国主要媒体路透社(Reuters)的办公室也在2005年搬离舰队街。




《是,大臣》第一季 第一集 透明政府(下) by破烂熊字幕组的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律