《是,大臣》第一季 第一集 透明政府(上) by破烂熊字幕组
是,大臣 第一季 第一集“透明政府”
破烂熊乐园
本字幕仅供学习交流,严禁用于商业用途
郑重声明:本作品之片源,字幕均来自互联网,仅供个人影视制作学习,交流之用,版权归电影公司所有。任何组织和个人不得公开传播或用于任何商业盈利用途,否则一切后果由该组织或个人承担!本站和制作者不承担任何法律及连带责任!请自觉于下载后24小时内删除。如果喜欢本片,请购买正版!
-=破烂熊字幕组-=
腐败的妞 压制
翻译:rp萌
校对&时间轴:i1984
www.ragbear.com
旁白:在西伯明翰,选举主任宣布了投票结果
At Birmingham East,the Returning Officer is declaring the result.
詹姆斯·乔治·哈克 2万1千793票James George Hacker:21,793.
亚瑟·威廉·冈特 1万9千321票Arthur William Gaunt:19,321.
所以在当了这么多年的影子大臣[i]后,哈克又回来了
So Jim Hacker’s back,and after many years as a Shadow Minister
而且看来肯定能在新政府中有一席之地
Seems almost certain to get a post in the new Government.
片头曲开始
YES MINISTER
Written by
ANTONY JAY
and
JONATHAN LYNN
STARRING
PAUL EDDINGTON
WITH
NIGEL HAWTHORNE
JOHN NETTLETON
DEREK FOWLDS
EDWARD JEWESBURY
OPEN GOVERNMENT
“透明政府”
吉姆·哈克(Jim Hacker 以下简称吉姆):我到现在都没接到个电话
I haven’t had a call yet.
安妮·哈克(Annie Hacker 以下简称安妮):谁的电话?
Who from?
吉姆:我们的新首相 你以为是谁?
Our new Prime Minister.
安妮:你等什么呢?车队刚从王宫回来 我在新闻上看到的
What do you expect? The car’s only just got back from the Palace.
吉姆:那随时都会打来了
Any moment now,then.
安妮:刚才是谁打过来?
So who was on the phone?
吉姆:弗兰克·埃瑟尔 他马上就过来
Frank Wiesel.He’s coming right over.
安妮:他干吗(原字幕如此)不直接搬过来住?
Why doesn’t he just move in?
吉姆:安妮 他是我的政治顾问
Annie,he’s my political adviser.
我依赖他
I depend on him.
安妮:你干吗(嘛)不和他结婚?
Why don’t you marry him?
吉姆:亲爱的 你对事情总是反应过于强烈
Darling,you do over-react to everything,so .
电话铃响起
吉姆:来了
Here we are!
吉姆·哈克 是的 哦 是你啊
Jim Hacker…yes,Oh,it’s you.
是的派对很棒 不是吗?
Yes,was a good party,wasn’t it?.
是的 我最后也有点头疼了…
Yes,I’ve got a bit of a headache,too…
听着 你介意我等一下再打给你吗?
Look,do you mind if I ring you back.
我在等一个很重要的电话 是的 再见
I’m waiting for a rather important call…bye bye.
电话结束 吉姆拿起电话旁边的一杯?茶?
吉姆:斯伯特斯伍德参议员
Alderman Spottiswood.
我希望人们别打电话过来祝贺我
I wish people wouldn’t ring to congratulate me.
人们不知道我在等电话吗?
Doesn’t they realise I’m waiting for the call.
安妮:感觉就像是你要作(做)大臣一样
It’s as if you’re about to enter the Ministry.
吉姆:是的 不过关键是哪个大臣
Yes,but which Ministry,that’s the point.
安妮:这是个玩笑!
It was a joke!
吉姆:哦 这样啊
Oh,I see.
安妮在找东西
吉姆:你很紧张吗?
Are you very tense?
安妮:不 我不紧张
No,I’m not.
我只是个不准闹情绪的政治家的妻子
I’m just a politician’s wife is not allowed to have feels.
一个快乐的无忧无虑的政治家妻子
A happy carefree politician’s wife.
继续找东西
吉姆:你在找什么?
What are you looking for?
安妮:烟 我一根都找不到
A cigarette.I can’t find any.
吉姆:看看烟盒
Try the cigarette box.
安妮:是空的
It’s empty.
吉姆:吃片安定药
Take a librium.
安妮:我找不到安定片 所以我才找烟
I can’t find the Librium,that’s why I’m looking for a cigarette.
哦 吉姆 我受够了 你能不能出去买点?
Oh,Jim,I’ve had it.Would you pop out and get some?
吉姆:抱歉 我可不敢离开电话
Sorry,I daren’t leave the phone.
安妮:听着 如果首相想让你进什么愚蠢内阁的话
Look,if the PM wants you to be in the cabinet,
他就一定会再给你打的 或者你可以给他打
He’ll phone back.Or you can phone back.
吉姆:关键是 我发起过反对首相任职的运动
I ran the campaign against the PM forthe leadership.
如果我出去了 谁知道呢
If I’m out,well,who knows.
安妮:我可以转话
I could take a message.
电话铃第二次响起 吉姆放下杯具接电话
吉姆:来了
There it is.
你好 是的 请讲
Hello…yes,speaking…
哦 是你啊迈克尔
Oh,it’s you Michael…
我还没接到电话呢 你接到了吗?
I haven’t had a call,have you had a call?
比尔接到电话了?
Bill’s had a call?
他得到什么差事了?欧洲?
What’s he got? Europe?
吉姆转身对端着杯具饮茶的安妮说话
比尔得到了欧洲
Bill’s got Europe.
安妮:幸运的欧洲
Lucky Europe.
比尔会说法语吗?
Does Bill speak French?
吉姆:他连英语都说不好
He can hardly speak English.
吉姆转身继续回电话
吉姆:我一有消息就给你打过去 好的 再见
I’ll call you back if I hear anything.Right… Bye.
吉姆第二次挂电话,深叹一口气
接着电话铃第三次响起 还没端坐沙发的吉姆忙起身接电话
吉姆:祷告吧
Fingers crossed.
你好 是的 请讲
Hello… Yes,speaking…
气暖部
The Gas Board.
上帝啊那都是几周前的事了
Good Lord man,that was weeks ago.
你不介意的话 我在等一个很重要的电话
Would you mind I’m waiting for a rather important call…
听着 弗兰克林 昨天有一个选举
Look,Franklin there happened to be a general election yesterday…
哦 你投的是另一方 是吗?
You voted for the otherside,did you?
你居然能在正确的日期找到投票?站?(因为澳门的广告一直挡在右下角导致看不清原字幕,百度翻译为“投票站“)
How did you get to the polling booth on the right day?
带着两个助手 来回跑了三次找空位
With two assistants,there return visits forspare parts?
听着 弗兰克林先生… 事实上 弗兰克林
Look,Mr. Franklin… Frankly Franklin,
我才不会关心整个取暖系统会不会?坏?掉
I don’t care if the whole central heating system collapses in ruins.
我必须要挂电话了 再见
I’ve got to get off this phone,goodbye.
吉姆第三次挂电话
安妮:他们现在不会过来
They won’t come now.
吉姆:如果我去了消费者事务部他们就会来了
If I get Consumer Affairs, they’ll come.
电话铃第四次响起
吉姆:你好?
Hello?
喂?喂?
Hello? Hello?
安妮:亲爱的 是门铃响
Darling ,that was the front doorbell.
应该是弗兰克
It’ll be Frank.
吉姆第四次挂电话 弗兰克推门而入
弗兰克·埃瑟尔(Frank Weisel):你知道马丁得了外交部吗?真的吗?
Did you know Martin’s got the Foreign Office. Has he?
杰克得了卫生部弗雷德得了资源部
Jack’s got Health and Fred’s got Energy.
安妮:有人得了大脑吗?
Has anyone got Brains、
吉姆:你是说教育部吗?
Do you mean Education?
安妮:不是 我知道我什么意思
No ,I know what I mean。
吉姆:还剩下什么了?我还有什么?
What’s left? What have I got?
安妮:韵律
Rhythm?
安妮接过弗兰克的外套后出门
吉姆:弗兰克 我一点消息都没有
Frank ,I have heard absolutely nothing,
一点也不奇怪
Not that it’s surprising.
我的职业开始走下坡路
My whole career is going down the drain
因为首相打不进我的电话
Because the PM is unable to reach me on the telephone
电话铃第五次响起 安妮返回客厅
吉姆:你接吧 亲爱的
You get it, darling.
安妮:你好
Hello.
BBC:你好 这是BBC
Hello, this is the BBC.
不知哈克先生是否愿意在今天
Would Mr. Hacker like to be
下午接受我们的PM(Primetime黄金时间)?的目的节目?(字幕被澳门挡道了)
Interviewed on the PM program this afternoon?
安妮:PM?(注:PM是首相的缩写)
在沙发上的哈克听到PM一词一跃而起抢到了电话 安妮在一旁干着急
吉姆:PM? 这是吉姆·哈克
Jim Hacker here
BBC:你今天下午有空吗?
Are you available this afternoon?
吉姆:是的 什么时间都可以
Yes。Any time you like.
BBC:我们可以采访你吗?
Could we interview you?
吉姆:我一直在等您的电话
I’d been hoping you’d call.
BBC:你认为你会得到什么职位?z
What job do you think you’re likely to get?
吉姆:请您再说一遍?
I beg your pardon?
BBC:你觉得你可能会得到哪个职位?
What job do you think you’re likely to get?
吉姆:这不是我能决定的 不是吗?应该是你告诉我
It’s hard for me to say ,isn’t it? That’s for you to tell me.
BBC:什么?
What?
吉姆:这不是我决定的事啊
Well ,it’s not up to me to say.
应该是PM决定的 你是PM办公室的
That’s for the PM to say. You’re the PM’s office…
哦 我知道了 是BBC的PM办公室
Oh, I see. The BBC PM office!
多傻 多傻的误会啊是的 是的 再见
How silly, what a silly mistake, Yes… yes. Good bye.
吉姆第五次挂掉电话
安妮:我试着告诉过你了
I did try and tell you.
电话铃第六次响起
吉姆:你去接这该死的东西
You answer the bloody thing.
安妮:你好
Hello…
我是哈克夫人
Mrs. Hacker speaking.
哦 恭喜您 首相 我是安妮
Oh, congratulations ,”Prime Minister” .It’s Annie here.
吉姆在隔壁听到回话激动地摔了茶具
吉姆:给我电话
Give me that phone.
你好 是的 首相
Hello… Yes… Prime Minister.
是的 当然了 是的 我…
Yes, of course… Yes, I…
好的
Righto.
我会坐下一班火车的
I’ll be on the next train.
吉姆第六次挂掉电话 满足地和妻子抱在一起
画面转到火车站
未知:行政部的一把手[ii]是吉姆·哈克
Top tip for The Department of Administrative Affairs is Jim Hacker.
肯尼思 他对于内阁职位来说 很年轻吗?
Kenneth, isn’t he on the young side for a Cabinet post?
肯尼思:是啊不过 他已经快步入五十了
Yes, well, he’s in his late forties.
不过这对于他来说绝对是一个飞跃
But it’s certainly a jump up for him.
话又说回来 这个部门最近
On the other hand, this department’s been
已经快成为政治坟墓了
A bit of a political graveyard recently.
未知:10号[iii]宣布了一组新的内阁职位
A further group of Cabinet appointments Has now been announced from Number Ten.
行政部大臣的职位给了吉姆·哈克 原影子内阁农业大臣
The post of the Ministry of Administrative Affairs goes to Jim Hacker, the former Shadow Minister for Agricultura(应为Agriculture).
伯纳·伍列(Bernard Woolley):下午好 大臣
Good afternoon,Minister.
吉姆:下午好
Good afternoon.
伯纳:伯纳·伍列 首席私人秘书
Bernard Wooley, Principal Private Secretary.
劳埃德·普雷查德先生 副私人秘书
Mr. Lloyd Pritchard, Assistant Private Secretary.
吉姆:这是我的政治顾问…
This is my political adviser…
伯纳:哦是的 当然了 威瑟尔先生
Oh yes ,of course, Mr. Weasel.
弗兰克:埃瑟尔
Wiesel.
四人进楼 门房告示板:DEPARTMEN OF ADMINISTRATIVE AFFAIRS(行政部)
伯纳:我是上届大臣的
I was the Minister’s Principal Private Secretary
首席私人秘书
In the last government.
不过如果你想…
However if you…
吉姆:我相信你会胜任的
I’m sure you’ll be just the thing.
伯纳:非常感谢 大臣 您真是仁慈
Thank you, Minister, how kind
吉姆:我们这是要去哪?
Where are we all going to?
伯纳:现在是去你的办公室
You are going to your office.
弗兰克被劳埃德拉走
吉姆:弗兰克呢?
What about Frank?
吉姆回头,弗兰克已不见踪影
吉姆:弗兰克呢?
Where’s Frank?
伯纳:他会被安排好的
He’s being taken care of.
劳埃德打开门,弗兰克进门
劳埃德:你可以在这里等着吗?
Would you wait here?
弗兰克:这是等待室
This is the Waiting Room.
劳埃德:非常正确 先生
Precisely, sir.
弗兰克:我是吉姆·哈克的特别顾问
I’m Jim Hacker’s adviser.
劳埃德:他现在有整个部门来做他顾问了
He has a whole department to advise him.
弗兰克:他需要我
He needs me.
劳埃德:当然了
Of course.
不过在他叫你之前 请在这里等着
But until he sends for you, please, wait.
转场到大臣办公室
伯纳:来杯雪利酒 大臣?
A sherry, Minister?
吉姆:吉姆
Jim.
伯纳:哦 鸡尾酒
Oh Gin.
吉姆:不 不 吉姆 吉姆 叫我吉姆好了
No, no, Jim, Jim. Call me Jim.
伯纳:我想如果对于您来说都是一样的话
I think if it means all the same to you,
我还是更愿意叫你大臣 大臣
I would prefer to call you Minister, Minister.
吉姆:大臣 大臣?
Minister, Minister?
吉姆:哦 是的 是的 我明白你的意思了
Oh quite, quite. I see what you mean.
我需要叫你私人助理 私人助理?
Do I have to call you Private Secretary, Private Secretary?
伯纳:不 请叫我伯拿
No. Do call me Bernard.
吉姆:谢谢 伯拿
Thank you, Bernard.
伯纳:请不要客气 为你的健康 大臣
You’re most welcome. Your health, Minister.
吉姆:那 接下来是什么?
Well what now?
汉弗莱敲门,面带微笑进来了
伯纳:大臣 请允许我介绍汉弗莱·阿博柏先生
Minister Allow me to present Sir Humphrey appleby,
常务次长以及行政事务部的负责人
Permanent Under Secretary of State and Head of the D.A.A.
吉姆:你好 汉弗莱先生
Hello, Sir Humphrey.
汉弗莱·阿普比爵士(Sir Humphrey appleby):你好 欢迎
Hello , and welcome.
吉姆:谢谢
Thank you.
伯纳:我相信你们认识对方
I believe you know each other.
汉弗莱:是的 我们的确在公共账目委员会[iv]上交锋过
Yes, we did cross swords in the Public Accounts Committee.
吉姆:我可不会这么说
I wouldn’t say that.
汉弗莱:你问了所有我不希望任何人问的问题
You came up with all the questions I hope nobody would ask.
吉姆:对手就是要提问的
Opposition’s about asking questions.
汉弗莱:而政府就选择不回答他们
And Government’s about not answering them.
吉姆:不管怎样 你回答了我所有的问题
You answered all mine, anyway.
汉弗莱:我很高兴你这么想 大臣
I’m glad you thought so, Minister.
祝你好运
Good luck.
吉姆:还有谁在这个部门?
Who else is in this Department?
汉弗莱:我是常务次长
I am the Permanent Under Secretary
也就是常任秘书
Of the State known as the Permanent Secretary.
伍列是你的首席私人秘书
Wolley is your Principal Private Secretary
而我也有一个首席私人秘书
And I too have a Principal Secretary
而他是常任秘书的首席私人秘书
And he is the Principal Private Secretary to the Permanent Secretary
直接受我管辖的有十个常务副秘书长
Directly responsible to me are 10 Deputy Secretaries
87个副秘书长和219个秘书助理
87 Under Secretaries, and 219 Assistant Secretaries.
直接受首席私人秘书管辖的
Directly Responsible to the PPS
是国会私人秘书
Are Parliamentary Private Secretaries.
首相会给你指定两个国会私人秘书
The PM will be appointing two Parliamentary Under Secretaries,
然后你会指定你自己的国会私人秘书
And you will appoint your own Parliamentary Private Secretary
吉姆:他们都会打字吗?
Can they all type?
汉弗莱:我们没一个会打字 大臣
None of us can type, Minister.
麦肯夫人打字
Mrs. McKay types.
她是秘书
She is the Secretary.
吉姆:真可惜 我们都能开个代理处了
Pity we could have opened an agency.
汉弗莱:非常幽默 先生
Very droll, sir.
伯纳:是的 非常非常有趣
Yes, very very amusing.
吉姆:我想他们都这么说
I suppose they all say that.
汉弗莱:当然不是 大臣
Certainly not, Minister.
并不是这样
Not quite all.
吉姆:对 现在该谈正事了
Right , now then, to business.
如果我太迟钝了请你们原谅
You have to forgive me if I’m a bit blunt.
不过我就是这种人…
But that’s the sort of chap I am…
看起来 这个部…
Frankly, this depart…
这个椅子
This chair’s a bit…
伯纳:我们可以换一个 大臣
We can change it, Minister.
我们可以换任何东西 大臣
We can change anything, Minister.
家具 装饰品 办公惯例…
The furniture, décor, office routine…
悉听尊便
Your wish is our command.
吉姆: 我想要一个新的椅子
I’d like a new chair.
我讨厌旋转椅
I hate swivel chairs.
伯纳:人们的确说两种大臣
They do say that there are two kinds of chairs
就有两种对应的椅子
To go with the two kinds of Minister.
一种雷厉风行
One sort folds up instantly ,
另一种原地转圈
The other sort goes round and round in circles.
伯纳笑着转头,一旁的汉弗莱一脸严肃地摇头,伯纳(ˉ▽ˉ;)…
吉姆:好了 先生们 看来这个部门必须
Now, frankly this Department has got to cut
冲破劲绑的官僚体制的束缚
A great swathe through all this stuffy Whitehall bureaucracy.
我们要打开窗子
We’re going to throw open the windows,
换些新鲜空气 免去所有的繁文缛节
Let in a bit of fresh air, cut through all the red tape.
让这台嘎吱作响的旧官僚机器重焕活力
Streamline this creaking old bureaucratic machine.
汉弗莱:你是说一个大扫除?
You mean a clean sweep?
吉姆:就是一个大扫除
A clean sweep.
太多的人就只是坐在桌子后面
Far too many people just sitting behind desks.
汉弗莱和伯纳颔首微笑
吉姆:当然不是像我们这样了
Not like us, of course.
不过我们必须清除给彼此制造工作的人了
But we’ve got to get rid of all those people just making work for each other.
伯纳:清除掉?
Get rid of them?
汉弗莱:我想您是说重新部署他们?
I think you mean “Redeploy them”.
吉姆:是的 哦上帝 不 我不是说让他们下岗
Yes. Good Lord no. I don’t mean put them out of work.
吉姆:透明政府 是我的政党的信条
Open Government, that’s what my party believe in.
是我们宣言的主要纲领
That was the main plank of our manifesto
让我们充分相信国家
Taking the nation into our confidence.
这让你耳目一新?请坐
Now how does that strike you? Do sit down.
汉弗莱:事实上 就像你在去年5月2号在议会
In fact, Just as you said in the House on May 2nd last year,
然后是11月23号
And again on November 23rd,
然后在“观察者”和“每日邮报”
And in The Observer and in The Daily Mail,
和你的宣言所说的那样
And as your manifesto made clear.
吉姆:这你都知道?
You know about that?
汉弗莱:请看看这些提议 大臣
Please, have a look at these proposals Minister.
这些是使这个政策生效的大体规划
These are the ways to implement this policy.
和一个需要你通过的白皮书
And proposals for a while paper for your approval.
那张白皮书就可以叫做“透明政府“
The white paper might be called “Open Government”.
吉姆:你是说一切都…
You mean it’s all been…
汉弗莱:处理好了 大臣
Taken care of, Minister.
吉姆:谁做的这些?
Who did all this?
汉弗莱:那台嘎吱作响的旧官僚机器
The old bureaucratic machine.
不 说正经的
No, quite seriously.
我们已经为重组做好准备了
We are fully seized of the need for reform.
而且我们已经提出这个议题了
And we have taken it on board.
吉姆:我真的很惊讶
I’m rather surprised.
我还以为需要不停的说服你们呢
I expected to have to fight you all the way along the line with this.
汉弗莱:人们对于公务员的确是有一些有趣的看法
People do have funny ideas about the Civil Service.
我们只是来帮助执行您的政策的
We’re just here to implement your policies.
吉姆:“缩短申请上诉手续的提案”?
“Proposals for shortening approval procedures in planning appeals”?
汉弗莱:英国国会议事录 第487卷 第1102页 B栏
Hansard Volume 497, page 1102 ,Column B.
引自“哈克先生:
Quote “Mr. Hacker:
首相是否知道计划所花的程序
Is the Minister aware that planning procedures.
使得在20世纪建一栋平房比
Make building a bungalow in the 20th century
在12世纪建一栋大教堂还要慢?
Slower than building a cathedral in the 12th century?
对手党在狂笑 政府因羞愧而哭泣”
Opposition laughter and Government cries of shame”.
吉姆:他们并没有真的因羞愧而哭泣
They didn’t actually cry shame.
汉弗莱:的确如此 大臣
Quite so, Minister.
吉姆:好吧 我想应该就这些了吧?
Right , I think that’s it then?
汉弗莱:还有一两件事情…
There are one or two more thing…
吉姆:还有事?
One more thing?
伯纳:如果您能看看下周的行程表 大臣
If you would just like to check your diary for next week, Minister.
吉姆:我的行程表?你又不知道我会来
My diary? You didn’t know I was coming.
你甚至都不知道谁会赢得选举
You didn’t even know who’d win the election.
伯纳:我们知道会有一个大臣 大臣
We knew there’d be a Minister ,Minister.
吉姆:又来了
Don’t start that again.
伯纳:很抱歉 尽管我们不知道那会是你
I’m sorry, even though we didn’t know it would be you.
汉弗莱:女王殿下的确希望政府
Her Majesty does like the business of government.
能够继续运转 即使没有政治家
To continue even when there are no politicians around.
吉姆:一定很难啦?
Bit difficult surely?
汉弗莱:的确…也不是
Yes… and no.
伯纳:接下去会是很繁忙的一周 大臣 九个内阁委员会
It’s gonna be quite s busy week, Minister. Nine cabinet committees,
星期一 八点钟 法律协会的年度晚会
The Annual dinner of the Law Institute On Monday at 8:00,
你要发表讲话
Which you will have to make a speech.
星期二早上十点半
Deputation from the British Computer Association,
会见英格兰电脑协会的代表团
10:30 Tuesday morning.
星期三十一点
Opening the National Union of Public Employers meeting
开始国家公众雇主工会的会议
At 11:00 on Wednesday
到时你还需要再做一个演讲…
Which you will have to make another speech…
吉姆:等等 等一下
Wait Wait a moment…
那我要做的其他事情该怎么办?
What about all the other things I have to do?
伯纳:什么其他的事情?
What other things?
吉姆:我的政党有四个委员会需要我参加
I’m on four policy committees for the party for a start.
汉弗莱:我相信您不想把政党放在国家的前面 大臣
I’m sure you won’t want to be putting party before country, minister.
吉姆:不 不 当然不了
No, no, of course not.
伯纳:我去拿你的档案盒 大臣
I’ll just fetch your boxes, Minister.
吉姆:档案盒?已经开始了吗?
Boxes? Already.
伯纳出门去拿档案盒
汉弗莱:竞选时 我们保留了上一届大臣所作的工作
We get manage to keep the last Minister’s work throughout the campaign,
不过我恐怕…这轮不到我去评论
But I fear … well, it’s not for me to criticize…
吉姆:这是什么意思?
What do you mean ?
汉弗莱:听起来很刺耳
It’s a harsh thing to say.
不过有些档案盒带着未完成的工作又回来了
Some of the boxes actually came back with the work not done.
伯纳抱着四个档案盒回来了
伯纳:如果你在周六晚之前完成前四个的话
If you complete the first four by Saturday evening.
你的司机就会收走他们并把剩下的两个带来
Your driver could collect them and deliver the other two.
吉姆:韦拉在家等着去利物浦
Villa’s at home to Liverpool.
而且我星期六有个手术要做
And I’ve got a surgery on Saturday.
汉弗莱:我们可以减少一些书面工作
We could minimize the paper work,
你只要做一些主要的政策决定就好
You need only take the major policy decisions.
吉姆:不不不不 这儿所有的决定都由我来定
No, no. No. No. I will take all the decisions round here.
那我星期一什么时候来?
Now then what time shall I come in on Monday?
伯纳:你要在新街坐7点45的火车 大臣
You’ll catch the 7:45 train from New Street, Minister,
然后你的司机会在尤斯登接你
And your driver will meet you at Euston.
吉姆:很好
Fine.
伯纳:让我把这些提议的草稿放进去
If I could just put in these draft proposals.
然后给 这是您的钥匙 大臣
And here, this is your key, Minister.
门外响起弗兰克和劳埃德争执的声音
弗兰克:走开 我已经受够了
Out of my way. I’ve had enough of this.
劳埃德:你不能进去
You can’t go in there.
弗兰克:那你就拦我试试看
Just try and stop me.
弗兰克推门而入 劳埃德随后 未入掩门退出
弗兰克:吉姆 这到底是怎么回事
Jim, what’s going on ?
吉姆:弗兰克 你去哪了?
Frank, where’ve you been?
弗兰克:被关在等待室里
Stuck in the waiting room.
伯纳(从一旁探身 拍拍激动的弗兰克):对不起 我们正在和大臣进行私人会议
Do you mind? We are in a private conference with the minister.
弗兰克:那我也应该在这里
Then I should be here, too.
吉姆:冷静些 弗兰克
Calm down, Frank.
汉弗莱 弗兰克在这个部门必须有一个自己的办公室
Humphrey , Frank has got to have an office of his own in the department.
汉弗莱:当然了 如果你坚持的话
Certainly, if you insist.
吉姆:我坚持
I do insist.
汉弗莱:我相信我们在沃森斯道[v](偏远地区)还有些空办公室
I do think we have some spare office space in Walthamstow.
弗兰克:沃森斯道?
Walthamstow ?
汉弗莱:是啊真让人惊喜
Yes, it’s surprising.
政府掌握伦敦所有的地产
The Government owns property all over London.
弗兰克:我不想在沃森斯道
I don’t want to be in Walthamstow.
伯纳:那地方在一个很好的地区
It’s in a very nice part.
汉弗莱:据我所知沃森斯道是一个很棒的地方
Walthamstow’s a very nice place so I gather.
弗拉克:我需要在这个楼里有个办公室
I need an office here in this building.
汉弗莱:为什么?
Why’s that ?
吉姆:是的 我同意弗兰克
Yes, I agree with Frank.
汉弗莱:伯拿 我们必须给威瑟尔先生在这儿找间办公室
Bernard, we must find an office here for Mr. Weasel.
弗兰克:埃瑟尔
Wiesel.
吉姆:所有给我的文件都要给弗兰克复印一份
Copies of all the papers that come to me go to Frank.
伯纳:所有的?
All?
吉姆:所有的
All.
汉弗莱:没问题
It shall be done.
所有适当的文件
All the appropriate papers.