新世纪走遍美国[48集全]|适合练听力
2022-07-02 19:23 作者:stanley_zhang | 我要投稿

[更新至Unit 2]
Unit 1: Rebecca’s Dream
- No! 不是。
- Yes! 是。
- You're wrong. 你是错的。
- I'm right-and you know it. 我是对的,你应该知道。
- I have to go. 我要走了。
- Rebecca, we have to talk. 丽贝卡,我们要谈一谈。
- Not now, Matt. 不是现在,麦特。
- I'll wait right here till you're done. 我在这等你。
- Matt, you don't have to wait for me. 麦特,你不必等我。
- Yes, I do. I'll be right here. 要的,我会在这等你。
- It'll be a couple of hours. 要几个小时。
- All right. Bye. 好的,再见。
- Where are you going? The front door is over there. 你去哪?前门在那边。
- I have to use the employees entrance. 我要从员工入口进去。
- Excuse me, the Gold Room? This way? Thanks. 不好意思,金色大厅在哪?这边吗?谢谢。
- Hi, Steve. 你好,史蒂夫。
- Hello, Rebecca. We're almost ready. 你好,丽贝卡。我们准备好了。
- Listen, I need to change. 我需要换衣服。
- There's a ladies' room over there. 女洗手间在那边。
- I'll be right back. 我很快回来。
- Hi, Jessica. 嗨,杰西卡。
- How are you? 你好吗?
- Good. 还好。
- Hello, Hello. 你们好,你们好。
- Welcome to the Gold Room. I'm Rebecca Casey and this is Steve Davis. 欢迎来到金色大厅。我是丽贝卡·凯西,这位是 史蒂夫·戴维斯。
- Here's a song I wrote. I call it 'Traveling Light.' 这是一首我写的歌,我把它叫“旅行之光”。
- Why don't you wait out in the lobby. 你到大堂等我好吗?
- Here's your share. Twenty...thirty...forty...and five. 这是你那份...二十...三十...四十...还有五块 。
- Forty-five. Good thing I have a day job. 四十五块。好在我白天有另一份工作。
- Good thing we both do. 好在我们都另有工作。
- We'll do better next time. 下次我们会做得更好。
- Rebecca, I have something to tell you. There isn't going to be a next time, for me. 丽贝卡,有件事要告诉你。对于我来讲不会有下 一次了。
- What? 什么?
- I'm tired of this. My wife's expecting. The bills are piling up. This (waving the cash) isn't a salary. It's peanuts. 我对此有些疲倦。我妻子希望我能赚更多的钱。 帐单越来越多。这钱不是工资,微不足道。
- But, Steve, we're getting lots of calls...We're playing at a wedding next week... 可是,史蒂夫,我们会接到许多电话...下周我 们会在婚礼上演出。
- I want to spend my weekends with my wife, not at weddings for people I don't know. 我想在周末陪我妻子,而不是去参加不认识的人 的婚礼。
- Steve, you shouldn't, we've worked so hard. 史蒂夫,请你不要这样,我们工作很努力。
- You know how I feel...It's always the same old story: no money, no appreciation. Sorry, Rebecca, but this is it for me. You'll find another piano player. Bye. Take care of yourself. 你了解我的感觉...还是那句老话:没有金钱, 没有感激。 抱歉,丽贝卡,事情对我就是这样 。你会找到另一个钢琴伴奏。再见,多保重。
- So, you're mad I waited, right? 我在这等你使你不高兴?
- No, I'm not angry. 不,我没生气。
- So, what's wrong? 那么,出了什么事?
- Steve says he can't take it anymore. 史蒂夫说他不能再忍受了。
- He's quitting? Maybe he's got the right idea. 他退出了?也许他是对的。
- Look, I'm not quitting. I have to find another partner. 听着,我没退出,我要再找一个钢琴伴奏。
- Rebecca, you're banging your head against the wall. You're never gonna make it in the music business. It's too tough. 丽贝卡,你是在把头往墙上撞。你永远也不会在 音乐事业上取得成功,它太难了。
- Why are you so negative? 你怎么这么消极?
- I'm realistic. 我非常现实。
- Look, Matt, success takes time. I'm going to make it. That's why I'm going to music school. 你瞧,麦特,成功需要时间。我会成功。这就是 我去音乐学院的原因。
- Music school...What am I going to do while you're in music school? 音乐学院...你去音乐学院了我该怎么办?
- We had a relationship, you know? 我们相爱,对吗?
- We still do. 我们仍然相爱。
- What's happening to us? You have two jobs; I have two jobs. You have to take care of your father. There's no time. 我们到底发生了什么事?你打两份工,我打两份 工,你还要照顾你父亲。根本没有时间。
- I'm sorry, Matt...It's hard to find time. 很抱歉,麦特...很难找到时间。
- A real relationship takes time, you know? 真正的爱情关系需要时间,不是吗?
- I know...It's late. I have to be up early for work tomorrow. 我知道...现在太晚了,明天我还要早起工作。
- All right, I'll take you home. 好吧,我送你回家。
- So, about our date on Thursday...? I'll pick you up at seven, OK? 那么,星期四的约会怎么样?我七点钟来接你, 好吗?
- Sounds good. 听起来不错。
- This is really crazy, Rebecca Casey. 丽贝卡凯西,你简直疯了。
- Good night, Matt. 晚安,麦特。
- Oh, good. It's here. 哦,好极了,收到了。
- Welcome to the Boston School of Music, where your musical career begins. 欢迎来到波士顿音乐学院,在这里你将开始自己 的音乐事业。
- The Boston School of Music has given me everything that I wanted in a school. 波士顿音乐学院给了我在学校里想要的任何东西 。
- The Boston School of Music has just been my home. And, because of that foundation, I'm able to be what I want to be. 波士顿音乐学院是我的家。另外,因为有奖学 金,我能够做自己想做的事。
- What's goin' on, Beck? 你在干什么,贝卡?
- Sorry. Is it too loud? 对不起,声音太大了?
- A little. Turn it down so you don't wake up Dad. 有点。关小点声别把爸爸吵醒了。
- The faculty is very high quality, and I think students have some wonderful opportunities. 学校全体教员的水平很高,我认为学生们会有一 些非常好的机会。
- So, are you going to this school? 你要去上这所学校?
- Yeah...if I get accepted. I'm applying to other colleges, but this is my first choice. 是的,假如学校录取我。我还申请了其它大学, 但这是首选。
- Hey, they are pretty good. 嘿,看上去很不错。
- Yeah, this school is one of the best... 是的,这是最好的一所学校...
Unit 2: Differences
- Kevin, I can write my songs on a computer. They have a computer lab . It opens up the possibilities of song composition...凯文, 我能在电脑上写歌。 他们有一个电脑实验室, 这给歌曲创作带提供了可能性...
- What's the possibility of getting some food in this house soon? 有没有可能性马上给家里弄一些吃的东西?
- I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. Put what you want on the list. 明天我去商店买东西。 把你要的东西写在单上。
- I can't believe how many forms I have to fill out. 我真不敢相信有这么多表格要填写。
- I can't believe we're out of cereal. 真不敢相信我们连麦片吃光了。
- Put it on the list. 把它写在单子上。
- We're almost out of peanut butter... 我们的花生酱也快没了...
- I just bought that jar. 那瓶是我才买的。
- Hey, look, a coupon...two for the price of one...I know, put it on the list.嘿, 看, 赠券...买一赠一...我知道, 把它放在单子上。
- We should get more cookies. 我们该多买些饼干。
- Gee, they want to know everything--my interests, hobbies, sports, awards, on and on...I'll be here all night.嘿, 他们要了解所有的事情, 我的兴趣, 爱好,体育, 奖励等等...等等...我得在这呆整个晚上
- Do you think this college thing is a good idea? 你认为上学这主意好吗?
- Yeah, for me it is. It's the only way I'm going to get anywhere in the music world.是的, 对于我来讲是的。 这是我进入音乐世界的唯一道路。
- When are you going to give up junk food and eat something healthy? 你什么时候能放弃垃圾食品而吃健康食品。
- When healthy food tastes as good as cookies and peanut butter. 当健康食品象饼干和花生酱一样好吃的时候。
- Oh, good night. 哦, 晚安。
- I hope I can make it, Mom. 我希望我能做到, 妈妈。
- I am late for school. 我上学迟到了。
- Don't drink from the carton! 别直接对盒子喝牛奶。
- Milk tastes better this way. 这样牛奶的味道好一些。
- You drive me insane. Why are you wearing shorts and a tie? 哦, 你把我逼疯了。 你为什么穿短裤还系领带。
- High school graduation pictures. 拍高中毕业照。
- What do you mean? 什么意思?
- Graduation pictures...you know. They take the picture from here up. They don't take a picture of your legs. 毕业照....你知道。 他们只照上半身, 不照腿。
- Are all your exams finished? 你的所有考试都结束了吗?
- I just have my math final. 数学期末考刚结束。
- Kevin. 凯文
- Beck, don't worry. Math is a breeze. I've got to go. 贝卡, 别担心。 数学是小事一桩, 我得走了。
- Hi, Dad. Bye, Dad. 嗨, 爸爸。 再见, 爸爸。
- Don't slam the door!...Thanks. 别摔门...谢谢。
- Hi, Dad. Why are you up so early? Where's my coffee? 嗨, 爸爸。 你怎么起的这么早? 我的咖啡呢
- What, this? Is this yours? I'm sorry. 什么, 这个么? 这是你的? 对不起。
- That's OK. I'm late anyway. I'll get coffee at work. 没关系。 反正我晚了, 我上班时再喝咖啡。
- What's that? 那是什么?It's my application to the Boston School of Music. I have to mail it today.是我的波士顿音乐学院申请书, 我今天要寄出去
- Oh. Not another school application. 哦, 不是另一所学校的申请。
- Yes, another school application...By the way, does Kevin ever tell you how his final exams are going?是, 是另外一所...顺便说一下, 凯文有没有告诉你他的终考怎么样。
- No, he doesn't tell me anything...I try to talk to him But... 没有, 他什么也没对我讲...我会和他谈。 但...
- He has a final today. I don't even know if he studied for it. He won't graduate if he doesn't pass his exams.他今天有一门考试。 我不知他是否复习过。 如果他考试不能通过就不能毕业。
- I'll talk to him. 我会和他谈。
- I have to go! Your lunch is in the fridge. 我得走了。 你的午饭在冰箱里。
- Do you have enough change for the bus? 你有零钱坐公共汽车吗?
- Yes, I have some, thanks. 是的, 我有, 谢谢。
- Becky...don't slam the door. Thanks. 贝琪...别摔门。 谢谢。
- Sandy. 桑蒂
- Hey, girl. You just made it. Is everything OK? 嘿, 丫头。 你正好赶到。 一切还好吗?
- Yeah, I was up late last night. 是的, 我昨晚睡的很晚。
- With Matt? 和麦特在一起?
- No, with this. Look... 不, 和这个。 看...
- What is it? 是什么?
- It's a brochure from the Boston School of Music. I sent my application in this morning.是波士顿音乐学院的宣传材料。 今天早上, 我把我的申请寄给他们了。
- Good for you! This place looks expensive. 太棒了。 这很贵。
- It is. But it'll be worth it...if I get accepted. 是的。 但值得...如果我被录取。
- And if you don't get in? 那么, 如果没被录取?
- I've got my backup schools...maybe I'll get into one of them. 我有备选学校...可能我会去其中一所。
- How many colleges are you applying to? 你申请了几所学校?
- Four... 四所。
- Four? Why so many? That's a lot of work. 四所? 为什么这么多? 那可要做很多工作。
- And a lot of money, just to apply...But I've been dreaming of this for a long time.还要很多钱, 仅仅是申请......但我对此向往已久了。
- Your dreams are so...big, exciting. I mean, my dreams are real simple get married, have a family, stuff like that.你的梦想这么...伟大, 令人激动。 我的意思是, 我的梦想很简单, 结婚, 组建一个家庭, 诸如此类。
- I don't know, I can't explain it...I just want to know everything I can about music. I'll get my degree and make something of myself.不知道, 我也无法解释......我只想了解关于音乐的一切东西。 我将得到学位并改变我自己。
- Well, when you become a big star and you get your first hit song, don't forget your friends here at the factory.当然, 当你成为一个巨星的时候并出了自己的第一首热门歌曲, 不要忘记工厂里的朋友们。
- Me? Forget? Never. I'll even send you a free copy. 我? 忘记? 永远不会。 我会给你寄免费唱片的
- You're all heart. 你的心真好, 真宽。
- Hello! Dad! 你好。 爸爸。
- You're home early. 你回来的挺早。
- It was a half day, today. 今天半天功课。
- How come ? 怎么会哪?
- I just had one final and graduation pictures. 我刚考完一门期末考试, 还照了毕业相。
- What's that? 那是什么?
- My cap and gown. Let me show you. It smells funny! And, the cap...How about it Kevin Casey, high school graduate.我的帽子和袍子。 我穿给你看。 味道有点怪。 另外, 这帽子...凯文凯西高中毕业生
- It's too bad your mother can't see you now... 很遗憾你妈妈看不到你现在的样子...
- What's for lunch? 午饭吃什么?
- Kevin, come sit here. Rebecca and I are both worried about your finals. How was your exam today?凯文, 坐这里。 丽贝卡和我都担心你的期末考试。 你今天考的怎么样?
- A breeze. Math's my best subject. It was an easy test. 小事一桩。 数学是我最好的科目。 考试很简单。
- Well, good...What about the others science, history?... 哦, 那就好....那么其他科目呢, 科学, 历史?
- Dad, give me a break! I'll pass them all with flying colors. 爸爸, 给我个机会。 我会稳操胜券的。
- Oh, thanks. 噢, 谢谢。
- This won't even cover my bills. 这还不够我付帐单的。
- Your whole paycheck? 你所有的工资?
- Yeah. I lent some money to Jack. 是的, 我借了些钱给杰克。
- You can sure kiss that money goodbye. 你肯定要跟这些钱吻别了。
- Why are you so hard on Jack? You know, he's really a good guy.为什么你对杰克这么苛刻? 你知道, 他是一个好男人。
- I'm sorry, I just don't think that...Let's forget it. 抱歉,我只是认为...算了吧, 让我们忘了这些事吧
- I'd like to cash this check, please. 我想把支票兑换成现金。
- Do you have an account at this bank? 您在这里有帐户吗?
- Yes. 是的。
- Can I see some form of identification, please? 请让我看看您的相关身份证明。
- Why do I always have to show my I.D.? 为什么我总要出示身份证明。
- He's a new teller. Hey, they do it for your protection. 他是一个新来的。 嘿, 他们这么做是为了保护你。
- Right, so we have to show our I.D. every single time. 对, 所以我们就得每次出示身份证。
- Twenty, forty, sixty, eighty, a hundred, a hundred and twenty, hundred and forty, hundred and sixty, hundred and eighty, two hundred.二十、 四十、 六十、 八十、 一百、 一百二、 一百四、 一百六、 一百八、 二百。
- Thanks. 谢谢
- Hi, I'd like to deposit the whole check into my savings account, please.嗨, 请把支票上所有的钱都存到我的储蓄帐户里。
- How can you live without cash? 没有现金怎么过日子?
- I get money from the cash machine...forty dollars at a time. 我从自动取款机上取钱...每次40元。
- I can't stand you, Rebecca. 我无法容忍你, 丽贝卡。
- Don't they charge for these cash machines? 使用现钞机他们不收费吗?
- It depends on what kind of account you have, and whether you have enough money in it.这要看你有哪种帐户, 帐户里是否有足够的存款。
- And you have that much money saved? 你存了足够的钱吗?
- How else am I going to pay for college? Save, save, save. 要不我怎么去交学费? 攒钱, 攒钱, 攒钱。
- Wow. 喔。
- Do you know about this videotape? 你知道这盘录像带吗?
- The Boston School of Music? Yeah, this is the music school that Becky wants to go to.波士顿音乐学院? 是的, 这就是贝琪要去的那所学校。
- Why doesn't she study something practical, like business? She'll never make any money with a degree in music.她为什么不去学一些更实用的东西, 比如商业?音乐文凭永远也赚不到钱。
- You never know. 那可难说。