威廉·莎士比亚.书虫.读书笔记

【我的作文还有救吗】这个活动是没救了。
=========
Author:Jennifer Bassett (英)
书名原文: William Shakespeare
本书作者詹妮弗·芭斯特是位资历很深的教师和作家,她生活在英国西南的德文郡。

已输入4719字
============
淙淙流水…静谧的泰晤士河,潺潺地流淌,直到我唱完心中的歌。
//有几个字不熟悉:淙淙cóng cóng, 潺潺chán chán
这本讲述莎士比亚生平故事的书是由托比叙述的。托比不是一个真实的人物——或许莎士比亚也曾有过这样一位朋友…
//大多数戏剧引入男二号,是为了衬托主角的。
他的朋友本·琼生曾这样写道:“他不属于一个时代,而是属于所有的时代。”
//Ben said: 天不生莎士比亚,万古如长夜.
I worked with him in the theatre, through the good times and the bad times.
//踏足欢乐,走过艰难。
Everyone…Will Shakespeare could please them all.
//逗乐所有人,讨好性人格的成功。
He always had his nose in a book.
//鼻子埋进书里,专心看书。
Will was still reading a lot and he was already writing poems himself. He sometimes showed them to me, and I said they were very good.
I didn't really know anything about poetry then, but he was my friend.
//哈哈哈hhhhh…
Will was not happy with his writing. 'I've got so much to learn, Toby,' he said. 'So much to learn.'
//Stay hungry,stay foolish.
//平时所说的:做个糊涂人,就是这个意思,永远保持一个学习,进取,努力的心。
Poor Will. He had a lot to learn about women, too.
//男人来自火星,女生来自金星。那本书介绍过男女思维的差异,不过这里想说的应该是学习如何与一位女性过婚后生活。
One day in October 1582 he came to my house with a long face.
//不高兴,拉长脸hhh。一些动物会耷拉着耳朵。
'That's right,' said Will. 'In about six months' time I'm going to be a father.'
//未婚先孕,不得不娶。
All babies look the same to me…
//所有的孩子都像我…×
所有的孩子对我来说都一样…√
'She's going to be as beautiful as the Queen of Egypt, and as clever as King Solomon.'
'Oh yes?' I said. 'All parents talk like that about their children. I don't believe a word of it.'
//所有的父母说的都像那样。父母的天性,认为自己孩子有无限可能。
He was still reading, and writing… he was not happy with his life.
//看书使人不幸福,For a while.
I can't do anything in Stratford.
//Time to leave 家乡,寻找新的工作。
'Mmm,' I said. 'What do we do next?'
He laughed. 'Everything!'
//第一步,去伦敦。第二步,随心所欲。
Will was busy day and night. I don't know when he slept.
//日月星辰尽管升起又落下,不知道白天黑夜的存在。
He was learning, learning, learning.
//永远都在学习中。
By 1592 London was hearing the name William Shakespeare again and again.
//1564年生,28岁成功。
All kinds of people came to see plays and Will was making a lot of new friends.
//Will 写的是老少皆宜的戏剧,少暴力。某堂开发的老少皆宜的游戏,多可爱。
'I'm still just an actor from Stratford, Toby. Not very important.
//still, 目前而已,用词饱含发展的味道。
'wants to close all the theatres. They always do that when the plague comes to London.
//疫情时期,关闭剧院,减少聚集,鼠疫可能也会人传人。
If someone in a house got the plague, then the doors were shut and locked, and a big red cross was put on the door. Nobody could leave the house. You had to stay inside and fight—or die. If you were rich, you left London as fast as you could.
//把人锁在屋里,太不人道,以前不,现在也不。
She went past me like a ship sailing into war. She looked wild, and angry, and very, very beautiful.
//非常非常漂亮的女人,大概喜欢三类男人:权势,金钱,成功。
'It's all in my head,' he said. 'I think about it, and then it just comes out on paper.'
//读书破万卷。
I sat down next to him and put my hand on his arm. We sat together, silently.
//安慰别人的方法。
After a while I said, 'You'll have other sons.'
//人在最低落的时候,要思考自己有什么。
The townspeople began to say 'Mr Shakespeare', not 'Young Will the actor' or 'John Shakespeare's boy'.
//老乡之间称呼的改变,暗含着尊敬程度的变化。
And his people were real. No one was all good, or all bad.
//真实的角色,就像现实生活中的人,并不是完全的好,完全的坏。
But in the end, when Shylock lost everything, you had to feel sorry for him. He was just a sad old man.
//威尼斯商人中的放高利贷者。
Perhaps Richard was right. And if anyone understood Will, it was Richard Burbage.
//Toby said: 戏剧世界中,真正看懂 Will 戏剧的只有 Richard Burbage.
Henry always looked at the black side of everything.
//半杯水,总是看到空的部分,暗示消极的态度。
That summer the plague came back.
//夏季,在 Will 的生命中,鼠疫第三次出现,又会在家写出什么作品呢。
'Queen Anne likes plays very much. She likes music and dancing, too—she showed her legs in one dance!'
//女王展示她的腿,大概是去跳舞的比喻说法。
书虫的翻译是:一次舞会中居然露出双腿呢!更加直译。
'We live in different times, Toby. A lot of things are going to change.'
//时代变了,大人。不随着改变的人难以生存。
But change only comes slowly.
//变化永远存在,到来的很慢而已。
During the next few years the plague was always with us.
//原来在以前,鼠疫几乎年年都发生。
Will was usually writing, and I did bits of business for him when I could.
//一直保持写作戏剧的习惯。问渠哪得清如许。
People had parties and cooked sheep over fires on the ice.
//泰晤士河的冰太厚,在冰上开 Party,野餐…
'Your plays are very clever, Ben,' Richard Burbage said, 'but they smell of the schoolbook, don't they, Will?'
//好的戏剧,闻起来不像教科书。贬低 Ben 写作的严谨。
'The King!' Ben said loudly. His face was red and angry.King James sometimes fell asleep during Ben's plays.
/hhhhh, 既生瑜何生亮。
Ben: 'I told him, I said it to his face: "Sir, you don't understand poetry!" '
John Heminges laughed. 'Oh my word!' he said. 'What a terrible man you are, Ben! I don't know how you've lived so long!'
//hhhhh, 这么作死的行为,如何活下来的。
He loved to argue about anything.
//有些人从不争论,有些人一直在争论。高下立判。
shouted Ben.'We're poets and actors, not businessmen! What does money matter?'
'And you're the first to shout if you haven't got any money.'
//Ben 把工作看的太高尚,反而不如 Will 的赚钱态度. 不论是艺术成就,还是赚的钱数目。
You think Londoners are stupid, but they understand more than you do!
//把别人看成傻瓜,只能让自己更加不理解别人,显得自己愚蠢。
Times are changing, and people want a different kind of play now.
//不是江郎才尽,而是年老力衰。
Judith was twenty-eight now, and still no husband. But Will told her not to hurry. She must find the right man first.
//right man: 白马王子。
He was right, of course. Will was usually right about people.
//戏剧写多了,看人准。
I'm an old man, and everyone is dying around me.
//年老了,可以感受到身边的死亡气息。
He was the finest poet that ever wrote in the English language. I think he knew that himself.
//知道自己将永垂不朽。
Not marble, nor the gilded monuments
Of princes shall outlive this powerful rhyme...
//没有王公们的大理石或镀金的墓碑
能够和我这些有力的诗句比寿……
——谢萍萍译
##########