欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【TED演讲稿】如何为气候行动找到自己的声音

2023-05-21 11:33 作者:锡育软件  | 我要投稿

TED演讲者:Fehinti Balogun / 费欣蒂·巴洛贡

演讲标题:How to find your voice for climate action / 如何为气候行动找到自己的声音

内容概要:Actor and activist Fehinti Balogun pieces together multiple complex issues -- climate change, colonialism, systemic racism -- in a talk that's part spoken-word poem, part diagnosis of entrenched global problems. Seeing the connections is a way to unlock collective solutions, he says -- and you have the power to reimagine what you think is possible.

演员和活动家费欣蒂·巴洛贡将多个复杂的问题--气候变化、殖民主义、系统性种族主义--组合在一起,他的演讲部分是口语诗,部分是对根深蒂固的全球问题的诊断。他说,看到这些联系是开启集体解决方案的一种方式 -- 你有能力重新想象你认为可能的事情。

*******************************************

【1】Listen, I'm British-born and by a Nigerian raised.

听着,我在英国出生, 由尼日利亚人抚养长大。

【2】There were expectations, different ways I was supposed to go.

我被给予了许多期待, 不同我应该走的人生路线。

【3】My career options for one, some of you may already know.

比如说我的职业, 你们有些人可能知道

【4】As an African, you get three choices.

作为一个非洲人,你有三个选项。

【5】Please, repeat after me.

请跟着我念

【6】You are going to be a doctor -- Audience: A doctor.

你会成为一名医生-- 观众:一名医生。

【7】FB: A lawyer.

FB:一名律师。

【8】Audience: A lawyer.

观众:一名律师。

【9】FB: Or a business man.

FB:或者一位商人。

【10】Audience: Or a businessman.

观众:一位商人。

【11】FB: Now, I did a thing that brought on quite a bit of stress.

FB:现在,我做了一件给 我带来很大压力的事情。

【12】That was me saying, "Mum, babes, I did my best, but that's not how I'm going to go.

那是我在说:“妈妈,我经尽力了, 但我不想跟着你给 我选择的未来路线走。

【13】I'm going to be an actor."

我要成为一名演员。”

【14】'"Why do you want to prostitute your emotions for money?"

“你为什么要出卖你的 感情来换取金钱?”

【15】Was my mum's reaction.

是我妈的反应。

【16】Now, in all fairness, what I was asking for was this complete abstraction.

现在,公平地说, 我所要求的是一个 非常抽象的概念。

【17】But the more I succeeded, the more my mum could see, right?

我越成功我妈就越能看见,对,对吗?

【18】Her idea of what was possible was being reimagined with me.

她那些条条框框 会因为我而被从塑。

【19】I was the lead on the West End.

我是西区的主角。

【20】I was about to be a part, a small part, a walk-on part in a massive film.

我即将成为一部大片中的 一个小角色,一个跑龙套的角色。

【21】I'm building my career and then boom.

我正在建立自己的事业,然后突然。

【22】I’m falling apart, and it seems I am dealing with climate anxiety.

我快要崩溃了,似乎 我正在应对气候焦虑。

【23】Building my dream and watching the world literally burn in front of me and very little being done.

我在建立我的梦想,但同时 看着世界在我面前燃烧, 却几乎什么都没有做。

【24】I'm panicking.

我开始惊慌失措。

【25】Frozen like a mannequin.

冻得像个人体模型。

【26】Until I see environmental activism happening, and I jump in.

直到我看到环保行动 主义正在发生, 我就投身其中。

【27】But whilst on the protests and in the meeting rooms, a question takes over me.

但在抗议活动中,在会议室里, 一个问题困扰着我。

【28】Why don't these people look like me?

为什么这些人长得不像我?

【29】Why is it when I think about climate activism, I think about white middle-class people?

为什么当我思考的时候 关于气候行动主义, 我想到的是白人中产阶级?

【30】Is it a white middle-class problem?

这是白人中产阶级的问题吗?

【31】A crisis that seems to require more time, effort, money, work to do or know anything about and I'm talking about those that have the privilege to think about anything else but survival.

一场危机似乎需要更多的时间, 精力,金钱,工作去做 或了解有关的事情, 我说的是那些有特权 去考虑其他任何事情 而不是生存的人。

【32】It feels like people of color experience barriers towards the forefront of the climate movement, and it seems that the reasons lie behind our underlining principles of survival.

感觉有色人种在气候运动 的前沿经历了障碍, 似乎原因在于我们 强调的生存原则。

【33】To keep your head down.

让你把头低下去,

【34】Do your work, and don’t get into trouble.

做你的工作,别惹麻烦。

【35】Survive, and dare to thrive.

生存,敢于发展。

【36】Protest, yeah, but only for imminent survival.

抗议,没错,但只是 为了眼前的生存。

【37】See, we've got family that's been in this country for 40 years and still feel like new arrivals.

你看,我们的家人在 这个国家生活了 40 年, 但仍然感觉像新来的人。

【38】And we have a history of disappearing in the night.

我们有过在夜里消失的经历。

【39】Shipped off to someplace or just mourned.

被送去别的地方或者只是哀悼。

【40】No room for the eco fight.

没有生态斗争的空间。

【41】I mean, me Fehinti Balogun, on this stage right now doing a TED Talk, I am about four times more likely to have force used against me if I'm arrested than my white counterpart.

我的意思是,我, 费欣蒂·巴洛贡, 在这个讲台上, 正在做 TED 演讲, 如果我被逮捕, 我被使用武力的可能性 是和我类似的白人的四倍。

【42】I’m about seven times more likely to be stopped and searched.

我被拦下搜查的可能性要高出七倍。

【43】And with a new policing bill and public order bill, these biases are only set to increase.

有了新的治安法案 和公共秩序法案, 这些偏见和不公只会增加。

【44】Noise restriction on protests.

对抗议活动进行噪音限制。

【45】Criminalization of protesters without having to convict them of a crime.

对抗议者进行刑事定罪, 而无需对他们定罪。

【46】Police can stop and search anyone saying they have reasonable suspicion and threaten peaceful protest tactics.

警察可以拦截和搜查任何 声称他们有合理怀疑的人, 并威胁采取和平抗议策略。

【47】The fear is real.

这给我带来的恐惧是真的。

【48】So, you know.

所以你知道的。

【49】Keep your head down.

底下你的头。

【50】Do your work.

好好干活。

【51】And don't get into trouble.

不要惹上麻烦。

【52】Get yourself a piece of the pie, right?

给自己站上一份好处,对吧?

【53】But that suggests the payoff will be in a world similar to the ones our parents grew up in.

但这表明,回报将是一个 与我们父母成长 的世界相似的世界。

【54】London was hot, boy.

伦敦很热的。

【55】Forty degrees, one of the hottest summers in history after one of the hottest summers in history.

四十度, 有史以来最热的夏天之一。 在有史以来最热的夏天之一之后,

【56】Some people couldn’t go outside.

有些人没发出去。

【57】Plants were either dried up or on fire.

植物不是干枯了就是着火了。

【58】Countries were either underwater or on fire.

有些国家要么被淹没,要么起火。

【59】This extreme weather is only set to increase.

这种极端天气只会加剧。

【60】If crops die, well, that makes food more expensive, affecting working class communities, communities of color first.

如果庄稼死了, 食物就会更贵, 首先影响到工人阶级社区, 有色人种社区。

【61】That world that they grew up in is gone.

他们所熟悉和成长 的那个世界已经不复存在。

【62】But what if, and go with me on this, what if climate change is just a symptom of a bigger problem?

而且如果,在这里跟着我一下, 如果气候变化只是一个 更大问题的症状呢?

【63】And what if it is the same problem that causes racism and sexism and ableism?

如果是同样的问题 导致了种族歧视、 性别歧视和残疾歧视呢?

【64】What if all of these things are just symptoms of a bigger problem?

如果所有这些事情 只是更大问题的征兆?

【65】Ready?

准备好了吗?

【66】White supremacist patriarchal capitalism.

白人至上主义的父权资本主义。

【67】(Applause) It feels scary because it feels like a concept, even though our society is quite literally based on it.

(掌声) 它让人觉得可怕, 因为它就像一个概念, 尽管我们的社会实际上是基于它。

【68】Infinite growth with finite resources at whatever the cost.

无限增长, 有限资源,不惜任何代价。

【69】Those forms of oppression wouldn't exist if it didn't make someone money.

如果不赚钱, 这些形式的压迫就不会存在。

【70】I mean, in the UK.

我是说,在英国。

【71】slavery plantations in the Caribbean provided the raw materials needed for industrial change and growth in the British Empire, money.

加勒比地区的奴隶种植园 为大英帝国的工业变革和发展 提供了原材料——金钱。

【72】Not to mention the genocides and the conquests, more money.

更不用说种族灭绝和征服, 更多的钱。

【73】The liberation of oil by liberators, that deliberate the price of liberation whilst polluting soil.

解放者释放石油, 他们在污染土壤的同时, 也在考虑释放的代价。

【74】Get that money.

拿到钱。

【75】Shout out to Shell, by the way, who historically have taken oil from my country of origin, Nigeria.

顺便向壳牌公司喊话, 他们从我的祖国 尼日利亚开采石油。

【76】Nigeria, who pollutes almost ten times less than England.

尼日利亚造成的污染 几乎是英国的十分之一。

【77】As do so many colonized countries, and you know what?

和很多殖民国家也遭受 着同样的命运,你知道吗?

【78】It seems to me that some of the people who are the most affected pollute the least.

在我看来, 一些受污染影响最大的人 却给地球造成的污染最少。

【79】The ones who have been historically stolen from.

是哪些哪些在历史 的长河中被剥削的人。

【80】Climate change is modern colonialism.

气候变化是现代殖民主义。

【81】So we know, with all of this, with a colonial mindset, with a capitalist mindset that even if we have a magical technology that clears the air and makes everything safe, it would only operate in certain neighborhoods.

所以我们知道,因为殖民思维, 因为资本主义思维, 即使我们有一种神奇的技术, 可以净化空气,让一切都安全, 它只会出现在特定的社区中。

【82】We’re dealing with structure.

我们面临的是一个构造。

【83】A structure that told me to keep my head down.

一个让我保持低调的结构。

【84】A structure and a media that chose to omit that six percent of the population, Indigenous people, protect 80 percent of the world's biodiversity.

一个结构和媒体 选择忽略 6% 的人口, 土着人民, 保护着世界上 80% 的生物多样性。

【85】Chose to omit that one of the most important climate protests in history was led by a Nigerian, Ken Saro-Wiwa of the Ogoni people.

他们省略了历史上最重要 的气候抗议活动之一 是由尼日利亚奥戈尼人, 肯·萨罗-维瓦领导的。

【86】Chose to omit the effectiveness of grassroots movements and community action.

他们选择性忽略了草根运动 和社区行动的有效性。

【87】People like BEN and Wretched of the Earth May Garden Projects, to name a few.

举个例子,像本这样的人 以及“地球五月花园计划”,

【88】Chose to omit the UK's constant investment in fossil fuels takes away from any aid it wants to send to countries like Pakistan but then reminds me I should recycle more.

英国省略了对化石燃料 的持续投资, 这让它收回了对 巴基斯坦等国的援助, 但又提醒我应该更多地回收利用。

【89】If it is that structure that tells me it is about my own individual purpose and guilt, maybe it's worthless, I feel the power is in the masses.

如果这种结构告诉我, 如果这是关于我 的个人的目的和内疚, 也许它是毫无价值的, 但是我觉得力量是在群众中。

【90】So I joined groups.

所以我加入了团体。

【91】Local and in my job like cooking.

在我的日常生活中, 在我的工作中比如说烹饪

【92】With all my different hobs.

与我所有不同的炉灶。

【93】One being Equity for a Green New Deal.

一个是绿色新政的权益。

【94】Pension divestment, putting pressure on heels.

养老金撤资,让压力增加。

【95】Then I took lessons from Copwatch UK.

然后我参加了英国警察观察的课程。

【96】Taught me my rights with police arrests and interventions, discerning their intentions.

这个课程教会了我 警察逮捕和干预的权利, 和如何辨别他们的意图。

【97】I learned I have to think radically now.

我学会了从根本上思考问题。

【98】About strategy.

我学会了战略

【99】And kindness.

和善良。

【100】Kindness for myself and those right behind us.

对我自己 和我们身后的人善良。

【101】To be held by them and to hold right back.

因为他们而有所保留。

【102】Well, that’s community, right there is strategy in that.

这就是社区,这里面有策略。

【103】Then what's my capacity?

那么我的潜力是多少?

【104】How much can I give?

我能给多少?

【105】Because I got rent, auditions, I've got to live.

因为我要付房租, 还要试镜,我得活下去。

【106】And when I have my capacity, I think, well, what's my aim?

当我有能力的时候, 我想,我的目标是什么?

【107】Where am I helpful? How do I give weight to my claims?

我怎么样才能帮到别人? 我怎么让我说的话更加可信?

【108】It's about strategy, right?

我是关于计划,对吧?

【109】So why integrate?

那么为什么要整合呢?

【110】Well, I speak to ignite, connect and always agitate.

好吧,我讲这些是为了点燃、 连接和总是激动人心。

【111】Let's go back.

让我们回头看看。

【112】Because this is important, agitate.

因为鼓动真的很重要。

【113】Call out inaction, point to solution, tell the truth.

喊出不作为,指出 解决方案,说出真相。

【114】Get all that money out of fossil fuels, pension investments, accounts, hand over power, make them want to be radical.

把所有的钱从化石燃料、 养老金投资、账户中拿出来, 交出权力,让他们想变得激进。

【115】Connect.

连接。

【116】There are people in spaces just like this that need to be connected to grassroots movements, who need the attention, the space, the funding, and they need you.

在这样的空间里, 有一些人需要与基层运动联系起来, 他们需要关注,需要空间, 他们需要你。

【117】Ignite.

点燃。

【118】Remind everybody watching that you are not powerless.

提醒每个人,他们 不是无能为力的。

【119】That, "Ah man, there's nothing we can do, just keep going."

“啊,伙计,我们什么也做不了。 只是继续前进。”

【120】is a symptom, not cure.

是一种症状。 不是解药。

【121】That you stand on years worth of resistance and success, that you are needed.

你正踩在多年所积累 的成功和抵抗上 你被需要。

【122】That you, just like my mum, have the power to reimagine what you think is possible.

你就像我妈妈一样, 你们有从造 你们所认为可能的事情的力量。

【123】So now we speak.

所以我们说话。

【124】We strategize.

我们策划。

【125】And we think: How does this action aid the next step?

我们思考:这个行为 怎么帮助我们的下一步?

【126】Thank you.

谢谢。

【127】(Applause and cheers)


【TED演讲稿】如何为气候行动找到自己的声音的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律