【TED演讲稿】三个故事讲述巴基斯坦的英雄人物
TED演讲者:Jawad Sharif / 贾瓦德·谢里夫
演讲标题:3 stories of Pakistani resilience, told in film / 三个故事讲述巴基斯坦的英雄人物
内容概要:TED Fellow Jawad Sharif was born with a rebellious streak -- and he's used it in his documentary films to amplify the unheard voices of Pakistan. Sharing three stories of everyday heroes -- a high-altitude mountaineer, a folk musician of a bygone instrument and the country's first transgender doctor -- Sharif shows how documentaries can be a space for both creation and defiance.
TED演讲者贾瓦德·谢里夫生来就有反叛意识,借此他在他的纪录片中放大了巴基斯坦不为人知的声音。他向大家分享了三个故事,关于生活中的英雄,包括一位高海拔登山者、演奏古老乐器的民族音乐家和该国第一位跨性别医生。谢里夫展示了纪录片如何成为创造和反抗的空间。
*******************************************
【1】I have always had a strong feeling to rebel.
我一直抱有强烈的逆反心理
【2】Even as a child, the more I was suppressed, the more I resisted.
从小时候开始 越受压制 我反抗地越厉害
【3】In a conservative society, it was not easy for me or anyone around me.
在一个守旧的社会 要么我痛苦 要么我身边的人痛苦
【4】I had a burning fire inside me.
我心中燃着熊熊烈火
【5】How can my country have such a richness of people and culture and yet so much darkness?
为什么我的祖国人口众多 文化深厚 但是充斥着黑暗?
【6】I decided to show this richness by telling the stories of the communities that did not fit in the single narrative of my country.
我要给大家讲几个人的故事 来印证我上面那句话 这几个人和我的国家那种单一叙事格格不入
【7】A narrative that dictates how we have to think and how we have to live.
那种叙事规定了我们的思考方式 我们的生活方式
【8】A narrative that nurtures fundamentalism and makes people radical and unaccepting.
那种叙事培养了原教旨主义 使人民思想激进 固步自封
【9】I am from Pakistan and I make films.
我是巴基斯坦的一个电影制作人
【10】One by one, the heroes of my films became devices of hope for their communities.
一个接一个 我的影片中的英雄承载起他们背后群体的希望
【11】Their diverse communities accepted me, let me in and let me tell their stories to the world.
这些不同的群体接纳了我 让我走近他们 向世界讲述他们的故事
【12】One of these stories is about K2.
其中一个故事是关于乔戈里峰
【13】K2 is the second highest and most dangerous mountain in the world.
乔戈里峰是世界第二高峰 也是最危险的山峰
【14】While I was filming the hardships of the climbers at K2, I noticed the hardships of the porters.
当我在山上拍摄登山者的艰难困苦时 我发现搬运工也十分艰辛
【15】They trace the routes of the deadly mountains and carry the luggage of climbers on their back.
他们走过悬崖峭壁 险山峻岭 扛着登山者的行李物资
【16】While foreign climbers are appreciated for their summits, these porters are deprived of any recognition.
当外国登山者成功登顶 享誉世界 这些搬运工仍然默默无闻 无人喝彩
【17】There I met Hassan Sadpara, one of the high-altitude porter and climber.
在山上我认识了 哈桑.萨帕拉 他是一名高海拔搬运工和登山者
【18】He's the first ever Pakistani who scaled six 8,000-meter peaks, including Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world.
是第一个登上8000米高峰的巴基斯坦人 成功挑战过世界第一高峰珠穆朗玛峰
【19】Through his story, the world first time found out about these struggles and resistance of porters in Pakistan.
通过他的故事 世界第一次看到了 巴基斯坦搬运工的努力拼搏 不屈不挠
【20】Like mountaineers, the folk musicians of Pakistan are also victims of social disregard.
和搬运工一样 巴基斯坦的民族音乐家也遭受社会忽视
【21】Faqeer Zulfiqar is the only musician in Pakistan who plays boreendo, a 5,000-year-old clay musical instrument.
法克尔-祖尔菲卡 是巴基斯坦唯一一个吹奏埙的音乐家 埙是有5000年历史的陶制乐器
【22】In my eyes, he is an inspiration, a hero, keeping our rich traditions alive.
在我看来 他是一个启示 一个英雄 传承我们丰富的传统文化
【23】While we were filming our documentary about dying folk musical instruments, some people near his village tried to stop us.
当我们拍摄纪录片 讲述那些走向失传的民族乐器时 他村子附近的人却试图阻挠我们
【24】They could not tolerate something as forbidden as music being filmed.
他们无法接受音乐这种该禁止的东西被搬上荧幕
【25】Imagine an artist who depends on music for their survival.
如果艺术家可以靠音乐生存
【26】They have to go through the pain of being called names and declared unfit for society.
他们就像被指名道姓宣告与社会脱节一样 心如刀绞
【27】My third hero is my friend, Sarah Gill.
我的第三个英雄是我的朋友 萨拉.吉尔
【28】She made history by becoming Pakistan's first transgender doctor.
她创造了历史 成为巴基斯坦首位跨性别医生
【29】Transgender people are the most disrespected members of our community, discarded by everyone and faced with so much discrimination, they are often left with two options for their survival.
跨性别者是我们国家最受鄙夷的群体 被所有人抛弃 面临种种歧视 为了生存 他们常常只有两种选择
【30】Begging or prostitution.
乞讨或卖淫
【31】Sarah, however, made an exceptional achievement.
萨拉却取得了不同凡响的成就
【32】But breaking stereotypes was not easy for her.
但是打破成规并不轻松
【33】Her resilience is an inspiration.
她能抗住压力取得成功 令人振奋
【34】My films carry the voice of these people far and wide.
我的影片记录了这些远方朋友的声音
【35】Our climber, Hassan Sadpara, was recognized for his achievement.
登山者 哈桑.萨帕拉 凭借他的成就崭露头角
【36】He was awarded a prize from Prime Minister of Pakistan in 2015.
在2015年被巴基斯坦总理授予奖项
【37】Faqeer Zulfiqar got the Pride of Performance Award from the government in 2020.
法克尔-祖尔菲卡 在2020年 获得了政府颁发的杰出表现奖
【38】The local government introduced music classes and scholarships for the folk and classical musicians in Punjab Institute of Language, Art and Culture.
当地政府开展了音乐课程 设立了奖学金 面向民族音乐家和古典音乐家 在旁遮普语言艺术文化学院
【39】Sarah became a beacon of hope, a role model and voice of trans society in Pakistan.
萨拉成为了希望之灯 是巴基斯坦跨性别群体的榜样和喉舌
【40】By telling these untold stories, I hope to give a voice to the free thinkers of my country.
通过讲述这些不为人知的故事 我希望为我的国家里这些自由的思想者发声
【41】For me, this is an achievement and an act of defiance at the same time.
于我而言 这也是一个成就 同时也是一种反抗的艺术
【42】Documentary is a space for debate, a space for dialogue, a means to challenge the darkness of this society.
纪录片是我们讨论和对话的空间 是挑战社会黑暗的一种方式
【43】And there is so much darkness around us.
我们面对着诸多黑暗
【44】Our internal fire and spark is the only way to eradicate it.
内心的火焰是消除黑暗的唯一途径
【45】And that is my power to continue.
也是支撑我一往无前的力量
【46】Thank you.
谢谢大家