Empathy(同理心)by Brené Brown RSA Shorts(中

Sympathy and Empathy
RSA SHORTS 英国皇家艺术学会
Espresso for the mind 心灵咖啡
So what is empathy?And why is it very different than sympathy?
什么是同理心,它为何与同情心有着很大的差别?
Empathy fuels connection.Sympathy drives disconnection.
同理心促成联结;同情心则使联结断开。
Empathy,it's very interesting.
同理心很有趣。
Theresa Wiseman is a nursing scholar who studied professions,very diverse professions where empathy is relevant and came up with four qualities of empathy.
特里萨·怀斯曼是一名护理学家,他的研究很多都与同理心有关并提出了四个同理心的特质——
1.Perspective taking,the ability to take the perspective of another person or recognize their perspective as their truth,staying out of judgment,not easy when you enjoy it as much as most of us do.
1、接受观点,接受他人观点的能力或者承认他们的观点对他们来说是事实的能力,不加评判。这可不容易。因为和绝大多数人一样,我们喜欢去评价他人。
2.Recognizing emotion in other people,and then communicating that empathy is feeling with people
2、识别他人的情绪,并接着尝试与他交流。同理心,是和他人一同感受。
And to me,I always think of empathy as this kind of sacred space.
我总是把同理心想象成一种神圣的空间。
When someone's kind of in a deep hole and they shout out from the bottom and they say"I'm stuck,it's dark,I'm overwhelmed."
就好比某人跌入地洞,在底下大喊:“我被困住了!这里好黑!我该怎么办!我快受不了了啦!”
And then we look and we say,"Hey!",and come down"I know what it's like down here,and you're not alone."
然后我们看了看,“嘿!”,爬下去对他说:“我知道这下面什么样,你不只有你一个人。”
Sympathy is"Oh! It's bad. uh-huh.Uh,now,do you want sandwich?"
而同情心是:“噢!真糟糕,对吧?呃~那你现在要吃三明治吗?”
Empathy is a choice,and it's a vulnerable choice,because in order to connect with you,I have to connect with something in myself that knows that feeling.
同理心是一种选择,是一种容易使我们受伤的选择。因为为了能与你建立联结,我必须到自己内心里能理解那种感觉的地方。
Rarely if ever does an empathic response begin with"at least".
具有同理心的回答很少用“至少”开头。
I had a...Yeah,and we do it all the time,because you know that someone just shared something with us that's incredibly painful and we're trying to silver lining it.
我有个,对,我们总这样说,就比如有人刚刚和我们分享了一些非常痛苦的事,而我们试着给他一线希望(给乌云描上白边)。
I don't think that's a verb,but I'm using it as one.
这当然不是一个动词,但我们这里把它用作动词。
We're trying to put the silver lining around it.
我们对他们说,这还不是最坏的情况(在这些事情上画白边)。
"I had a miscarriage."
“我流产了...”
"Ah,at least you know you can get pregnant."
“啊,但你至少知道你还可以怀上。”
"I think my marriage is falling apart."
“我觉得我的婚姻正在破裂...”
"At least you have a marriage."
“至少你还有一段婚姻。”
“John is getting kicked out of school.”
“约翰要被学校开除了...”
"At least Sarah is an A-student."
“但至少莎拉是个优等生。”
But one of the things we do sometimes in the face of very difficult conversations is we trying to make things better.
但当我们面对这种对方十分难受的对话时,我们有时会做这样一件事——我们想试着让一切好转起来。
If I share something with you that's very difficult,I'd rather you say,"I don't even know what to say right now.I'd just so glad you told me."
如果我与你分享难过的事情,我宁愿你告诉我说:“我现在也不知道该说什么,但谢谢你把它们告诉了我。”
Because the truth is,rarely can a response make something better.
因为实际上“回应”很难让事情好转。
What makes something better is connection.
真正让一切好起来的是——联结!
注:(摘自百度知道)
连接:主要用来指物体之间无生命体的连接(物理上的),比如数学上点与点间的连接。
联结:主要用来指一种虚无的或精神上的联结,比如联结的神经元。
连结:同连接意思差不多,但其主要用来指无生命体的连结,比如锦州是连结东北和华北的战略要点。
联接:一般指两个性质或者外型一样的东西的联接,比如零件的联接、互联网的联接。
链接:链接是网页上指向另外一个网页的连接,主要用来指逻辑上的结合,比如超级链接、友情链接。
故本文中未采用“连结”而选用“联结”,虽然我也不知道百度说的对不对
另,探讨一下——
empathic和empathetic的区别
有知道的能tell me一下么qwq