Lesson11 无罪
No Guilt
现在的海关官员往往相当宽容。
Nowadays, the custom officers are very tolerant.
但是,当你通过绿色通道,没有任何东西需要申报时,他们仍可以拦住你。
But when you pass the green access and have nothing to report or declare, they can still stop you.
甚至是最诚实的人也常弄得觉得有罪似的,
Even the most honest people are often be made seems like culpability,
而老练的职业走私犯即使手提箱里藏着500只金表,却也处之泰然。
but the skillful smuggler take things calmly even hiding 500 golden watch in the suitcase.
最近一次,我也出国归来,
Once recently, as I returned from abroad,
碰上一位特别好管闲事的年轻海关官员,他显然把我当成走私犯。
I met a interfering young officer, evidently he took me as a smuggler.
“您有什么需要申报的吗?”他直盯着我的眼睛问。
“Don’t you have anything to report or declare?”Glaring at my eyes, he asked.
“没有。”我自信地回答说。
“Nothing.”I answered confidently.
“请打开这只手提箱好吗?”
“Would you please open this suitcase?”
“好的。”我回答说。
“Yes.”I answered.
那位官员十分仔细地把箱子检查了一遍。
The officer checked the suitcase desperately attentively.
所有细心包装好的东西一会儿工夫就乱成一团。
All things had wrapped up delicately turned into a mass in an instant.
我相信那箱子再也关不上了。
I believed that suitcase could never been closed.
突然,我看到官员脸上露出了得意的神色。
Suddenly, I noticed a exulted expression appeared on the officer’s face.
他在我的箱底发现了一只小瓶,高兴地一把抓了起来。
He discovered a small bottle in the bottom of my suitcase, and picked it up in delight.
“香水,嗯?”他讥讽地说道,
“Fragrance, hum?”He said in satire.
“你刚才应该申报,”
“You should report just now,”
”香水要上进口税的。”
“Fragrance need to pay taxes.”
“不,这不是香水,”我说,“是发胶。”
“No, this is not fragrance,” I said, “it’s hair spray.”
接着我脸带微笑补充说:
Then I replenish with a smile on my face:
“这是一种我自己配制的奇特的混合物。”
“this is a sort of amazing compound I compounded by myself.”
“你就闻一闻吧!”我催促说。
“Have a smell of it!” I urged.
海关官员拧开瓶盖,把瓶子放到鼻子底下。
The custom officer spirally opened the cap, and put it under his nose.
一股怪味袭来,使他相信了我说的真话。
A strange smell arrived him, which make him believe in my true words.
几分钟后,我终于被放行,手提划着宝贵的粉笔记号的行李,匆匆离去。
Some minutes later, I was finally permitted to pass, handholding the baggagesd with precious stalk mark, and I left hurriedly.