【TED演讲稿】四种方法让混合工作更适合您的生活
TED演讲者:Tsedal Neeley / 希道 娜丽
演讲标题:4 ways to make hybrid work better for everyone / 四种方法让混合工作更适合您的生活
内容概要:How can we rethink hybrid work so it brings out the best in both in-person and distributed employees? Leadership expert Tsedal Neeley shares the changes that we need to make in order to create workplaces that actually work -- no matter where you're located.
人么可以怎样从新考虑混合工作并带出亲身和远程员工最好的一面? 领导能力专家希道 娜丽 跟我们分享了几个我们必须做出的改变才能让工作场所发挥最佳性能--- 无论你在哪里。
*******************************************
【1】People keep talking about how remote work is part of the future of work.
人们在谈论 远程工作是我们未来的一部分。
【2】Well, I have news: that future is here.
让我告诉你们一个消息: 未来已经到来了。
【3】Remote and hybrid work are the new reality.
远程工作和混合工作 是我们最新的现实。
【4】And now we have to figure out how to make them work for all of us.
我们现在必须明白 怎样让这种工作方式适合所有人。
【5】[The Way We Work] In March 2020, when the COVID pandemic hit, remote work went into hyperspeed.
[人们工作的方式] 在2020年三月份的时候, 冠状病毒大流行爆发了, 远程工作进入了超级模式。
【6】Work routines that were tied to commutes and buildings where people shared time and space went away.
之前日常工作取决于交通和办公楼, 人们共享时间和空间然后下班。
【7】Many people wondered what would become of teamwork, collaboration and productivity?
人们在讨论 团队工作,合作和生产力会成为什么?
【8】They soon found that they could accomplish more at home and find the best work-life flexibility of their careers.
他们很快发现其实在家里 人们可以完成更多工作, 并且找到工作和生活的职业灵活性。
【9】Today, the verdict is in.
今天的结论是:
【10】Using surveys, polls and meta analyses, I found that over 70 percent of employees in most global surveys want a mix of in-person and remote formats moving forward.
在使用调查,投票和分析以后, 我发现了多于百分之七十的员工 在大多数的调查里 希望一个亲自和远程工作 混合起来的工作方式。
【11】This makes us multimodal workers.
这让我们成为多模式的员工。
【12】What does this mean?
这意味着什么?
【13】It means we have to be awesome in person.
这意味着我们必须 在亲自工作的时候表现出色。
【14】We have to be awesome remotely.
我们必须在远程工作的时候表现出色。
【15】And we have to be awesome when we’re in hybrid mode.
我们也必须在混合工作的时候表现出色。
【16】While that might sound like a lot, with some new thinking and new skills, we can use the office as one of our many work tools.
这些新的想法和技能 听起来像是很多, 但我们可以让办公室成为 帮助我们工作的工具。
【17】I've been doing research and advisory work on distributed work for over 20 years and have spoken with over 300 companies around the world.
我做调查和咨询有关的工作 已经超过二十年了, 也和世界多地三百多个公司交谈过。
【18】Here are four things we know work well.
接下来有四件我们知道行之有效的观点。
【19】First, coordinate anchor days.
首先我们必须协调“锚日”。
【20】When we go to the office, let's make sure we overlap with our colleagues and collaborators.
当人们去办公室的时候, 人们必须保证和同事与合作者交谈。
【21】That’s why we call these “anchor” days.
因为这个我们叫这些天“锚日”。
【22】Otherwise, we'll find ourselves in the office with no one around.
不然我们会发现 自己独自在办公室里。
【23】No use in gathering at the water cooler if we're the only ones there.
在咖啡机边没有目标的交谈 是没有意义的。
【24】Second, plan spontaneity.
第二点是自发计划。
【25】In my work, I've heard over and over again that while people prize the flexibility of hybrid work, they long for informal and spontaneous interactions with their colleagues.
在我的工作中, 我听到了一遍又一遍 当人们夸奖混合工作的灵活性时, 人们渴望和同事有 非正式和自发的交谈。
【26】This is a classic paradox, but it's quite solvable through what we call structuring unstructured time.
这是一个经典的的悖论, 这个问题可以运用结构化 和非结构化的时间被很简单地解决。
【27】One thing to try is to set aside the initial six to seven minutes of an hour-long meeting for informal chat about non-work matters, just to talk or even complain.
可以尝试的事是 搁置一个小时长会议最初的六七分钟, 这样人们可以谈论跟工作无关的话题, 就交谈或者抱怨。
【28】You can also ask people the one word that describes how they're doing, verbally or in chat.
你也可以问候人们 一个形容他们感受的词, 员工可以口头回答 或在聊天框里回答。
【29】You can have informal contact by scheduling virtual or in-person lunches with your colleagues, breaks for coffee, tea or a snack, and even happy hour trivia challenge.
你可以和员工们在虚拟会议里 或面对面午餐时有非正式的接触, 咖啡休息时间,喝茶或小吃时间, 甚至游戏和挑战的欢乐时光。
【30】If you're a leader, you should demonstrate the value of informal talk by initiating it yourself.
如果你是领导, 你应该从你自己开始 表明非正式谈话的价值。
【31】Third, use the right tools to communicate.
第三点运用正确的工具交流。
【32】The key here is to match our digital tools with our communication objectives, which means we have to mix it up.
重点是将数字工具 和沟通的目标匹配起来。 这意味着我们需要用 多种方式来达到沟通的目标。
【33】If we have to solve a really complicated problem, the best digital tool to use is one that allows real-time discussion.
如果我们需要解决一个很复杂的问题, 最适合这种情况的是一个 可以实时讨论的数字工具。
【34】If we need to process complex information, sending an email might be the best option, giving people time to review and absorb the content.
如果我们需要处理复杂信息, 那么电子邮件可能是你最好的选择, 这样人们可以有时间 来参考和吸收这些信息。
【35】Video can be great when we need our communication to include emotional cues.
当我们需要表达我们的情绪时, 视频会议是很有用的。
【36】It helps to see someone’s face when discussing tricky topics.
当人们在讨论复杂的话题时, 它会帮助我们了解对方的面部表情,
【37】It also increases immediacy and intimacy. But it can be exhausting.
这也会增加即时性和亲密感, 但这可能会让人们感觉到疲惫。
【38】Many people reporting tech exhaustion, but it doesn't have to be that way.
很多人报告电子疲惫, 但是它不一定必须这样。
【39】We need to know when to take a break.
我们必须知道什么时候休息。
【40】For one-on-ones, try audio and keep the cameras off.
当一对一开会时, 你可以关闭相机。
【41】This last takeaway is for management, but it affects all of us.
最后一点是给管理部门的, 但是它会影响到所有人,
【42】Commit to the new culture.
向新文化致力。
【43】Top leaders have to avoid sending mixed messages.
领袖们需要避免发出混合信息。
【44】Too many are saying they're all for hybrid while signaling that they prefer everyone to be in the office or saying, "This conversation is so important, we should have it in person."
很多领导说他们支持混合工作, 但是其实他们更喜欢员工在公司上班, 或者说“这个对话是很重要的, 我们需要面对面讨论“。
【45】Leaders need to make sure that their words, actions and attitudes are aligned with the hybrid arrangements that they've chosen.
领导们必须保证他们的言行举止和态度 和他们选择的混合工作一致。
【46】Consistency between hybrid policies and attitudes is the only way to build an inclusive hybrid culture for everyone.
一致性在混合政策和态度 是唯一给大家创造包容的混合工作文化的方式。