全英|在澳门上小学,英语只有16分

澳门上学,英语只有16分,留级了
从留级 到 选择英语专业 到 成为英语博主
我想你们应该都会对这个标题不解,
I understand that many of you might be wondering about the title and
以及好奇我是如何从英语成绩16分到上大学并最终成为英语博主的。
how I went from scoring 16 in English to attending university and eventually becoming an English blogger.
让我提供一些背景资料。
Let me provide some background information.
由于家庭原因,我在内地上了一段时间的幼儿园,
Due to family reasons, I spent some time attending kindergarten in mainland China
然后回到澳门上小学。
before returning to Macau for primary school.
当我开始读一年级的时候,我的英语成绩只有16分,这是相当惊人的。
When I started first grade, I only scored 16 in English, which was quite alarming.
那时,我还是一名新生,
At that time, I was still a new student,
英语不及格意味着我必须重新上一年级。
and failing in English meant I had to retake first grade.
那时我还很年少无知,什么都不懂。
I was very young back then and didn't have a grasp on things.
第二年,我重读了一年级,
The following year, I repeated first grade,
我开始进步了。
and that's when I started moving towards improvement.
渐渐地,英语成了我的强项,我甚至在班上表现优异。
Gradually, English became my strong suit, and I even excelled in my class.
你可能会好奇我是怎么逆袭的。
You might be curious about how I managed to turn things around.
我觉得有两个原因:
I believe there are 2 reasons:
1.
复读确实巩固了我的基础。
Repeating the grade truly helped solidify my foundation.
2.
我开始更认真地对待事情,拒绝接受失败。
I began taking things more seriously and refused to accept failure.
值得一提的是,留级让我感到很没有安全感。
It's worth mentioning that repeating a grade made me feel quite insecure.
由于年龄比同龄人大,每当他们问起我的出生年份时,
Being older than my peers, whenever they asked about my birth year,
我都会感到难为情,犹豫着要不要回答。
I felt self-conscious and hesitant to respond.
有些学生甚至在全班同学面前公然称我为“复读生”。
Some students even openly referred to me as a "repeat student" in front of the whole class.
这是一次令人沮丧和不愉快的经历,
It was a frustrating and unhappy experience,
我不想再去想它。
and I didn't want to dwell on it.
然而,直到我进入中学,
However, it wasn't until I entered middle school that
我才获得了信心,开始相信自己。
I gained confidence and started to believe in myself.
我意识到留级没什么好羞耻的。
I realized that repeating a grade was nothing to be ashamed of.
我有我自己的优点,我为什么要让这种经历打倒我呢?
I had my own merits / ˈmerɪts /, and why should I let that experience bring me down?
我应该感激它教会我的一切,感激它如何让我成为一个更好的人。
I should be grateful for what it had taught me and how it made me a better person.
在我上中学的时候
During my time in middle school,
我的英语越来越熟练,一直取得好成绩。
I became increasingly proficient in English to the point where I consistently achieved high grades.
到了选择大学的时候,
When the time came to choose a university,
我决定去中国大陆学习,把英语作为我的专业。
I decided to study in mainland China and pursue English as my major.
成为一名英文博主是我大学期间的一个幸运巧合。
Becoming an English blogger was a result of a fortunate coincidence during my university years.
我发布了一个英语演讲的视频,
I posted a video of an English speech,
如果你关注我有一段时间了,你可能看过那个视频。
and if you've been following me for a while, you might have seen that video.
它在当时很受欢迎,
It gained some popularity at the time,
但后来,我停止了上传视频。
but later, I stopped uploading videos.
起初,我从未想过要成为一名英文博主。
Initially, I never had the intention of becoming an English blogger.
然而,我发现通过视频记录我的生活是一件很愉快的事情,
However, I found it enjoyable to document my life through videos,
所以我开始偶尔制作视频。
so I started making them occasionally.
我从来没有想到我会有这么多的追随者。
I never imagined I would gain such a large following.
我真的很感激你们在我的人生旅途中给予我的所有支持。
I am truly grateful for all the support you have given me throughout my journey.
同时,我也想告诉你,一时的失败不代表什么,
I also want to emphasize that temporary failures do not define anyone.
只要你肯付出努力,相信你自己,你就可以卷土重来,
With dedication and self-belief, you have the power to rise again
成为更优秀的自己。
and become a more outstanding individual.