欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【TED演讲稿】诚邀你一起颠覆慈善

2023-06-06 14:56 作者:锡育软件  | 我要投稿

TED演讲者:Sara Lomelin / 萨拉·洛梅林

演讲标题:Your invitation to disrupt philanthropy / 诚邀你一起颠覆慈善

内容概要:Philanthropy disruptor Sara Lomelin thinks communities can build power through collective giving and the model of "giving circles": groups of people with shared values who come together to make change, strengthen their social fabric and help diverse solutions get funded. Learn the four steps to start a thriving giving circle in your community -- and see how thousands of people worldwide are already part of this movement to usher in a new era of philanthropy that is democratic and ...

慈善“革命家”萨拉·洛梅林(Sara Lomelin)认为社区可以通过共同捐赠和“捐赠圈”的形式壮大自己,“捐赠圈”指的是一群有着共同价值观的人们聚在一起做出改变,巩固社交网络,资助各种各样的项目。来了解一下在你的社区里创建一个蓬勃发展的捐赠圈的四步诀窍,看看世界各地成千上万的人们如何已经成为这场变革的一份子,迈向民主、愉悦的慈善新纪元。

*******************************************

【1】I want to invite you over for dinner at my house.

我想请你来我家吃晚饭。

【2】When you walk in, there are chairs cramped everywhere, smells delicious, you hear people laughing, you see friends hugging and telling stories.

如果你走进我家, 会发现到处都是椅子, 闻起来很香, 你会听见人们谈笑风生, 朋友们聚在一起,说着故事。

【3】There are more than 20 of us here tonight.

今晚我们 20 多人相聚于此。

【4】Teachers, tech leaders, lawyers, moms.

教师、科技领袖、律师、母亲。

【5】It’s loud, and it’s chaotic.

门庭若市,熙熙攘攘。

【6】But even if this is your first time, it feels like home.

就算这是你第一次来, 你也会感觉宾至如归。

【7】And then we'll sit down to work.

然后,我们就要坐下来开始工作了。

【8】Because tonight is not a regular dinner.

因为今晚并不是普通的晚宴。

【9】Tonight is the culmination of months of conversations and learning in my living room.

今晚是我客厅里长达几月的 对话与学习的成果。

【10】At the end of this night, 30,000 dollars will go out to a local grassroots nonprofit that is doing amazing work in our community.

今晚结束之时, 三万美元将会被捐赠给 当地一家基层非营利组织, 那些为我们的社区 做出卓越贡献的组织。

【11】And that money came from everyone in the room.

捐款将来自于在座的各位。

【12】And the decision of where that money is going included all of our voices.

捐款的去向也将 由我们所有人的意见决定。

【13】This is a giving circle: a group of people with shared values that comes together to create change.

这就是“捐赠圈”(giving circle): 拥有同样价值观的一群人 聚在一起,做出改变。

【14】My giving circle, the Peninsula Latina Giving Circle, is what I know philanthropy to be.

我的捐赠圈—— 拉丁半岛捐赠圈 (Peninsula Latina Giving Circle), 就是我认为慈善该有的样子。

【15】It's joyful.

它充满乐趣。

【16】And transformative and collaborative and intentional.

革新、 合作、目的性明确。

【17】Most people don't see us as philanthropists or this process when they think of philanthropy.

很多人不觉得我们是慈善家, 或者认为这个过程 与他们所想的“慈善”有出入。

【18】But I'm here to show you the powerful possibility that exists in all of us to be philanthropists, no matter your age or your wealth, no matter where you live or where you come from.

但是,我在此想告诉你, 我们每个人都有 成为慈善家的无限可能, 无论你的年龄、财富、 住在哪里、来自哪里。

【19】I am originally from Mexico City, moved to the US 25 years ago, and in 2007, when I started my first giving circle,

我来自墨西哥城, 25 年前搬到了美国, 2007 年, 我创建了我的第一个捐赠圈,

【20】I didn't even know the concept had a name.

当时我都不知道这个概念还有名字。

【21】This is not new.

这不是个新奇玩意。

【22】Collective giving has been going on for centuries.

集体捐赠已经持续了几百年。

【23】Just in the past two decades, thousands of giving circles got started all over the world, collectively giving more than 1.3 billion dollars.

仅在过去的 20 年里, 世界各地就涌现出几千个捐赠圈, 合计捐赠超过 13 亿美元。

【24】(Applause) I have dedicated my life to this work.

(掌声) 我毕生致力于这项事业。

【25】And now I lead an organization called Philanthropy Together to democratize and diversify the power of philanthropy through the power of giving circles.

我现在领导着一个组织,名为“共同慈善” (Philanthropy Together), 通过捐赠圈的力量,

【26】There are giving circles with five members or 500, each person giving five dollars or 250,000, iIncluding any generation, identity or geography.

捐赠圈可以只有 5 个人, 可以有 500 人, 每个人可以捐 5 美元, 也可以捐 25 万, 人们有着不同的年纪、 身份和地理位置。

【27】We give to nonprofits, we give to individuals or to new projects just getting off the ground.

我们捐赠给非营利组织, 捐赠给个人, 也捐赠给刚刚开始的新项目。

【28】There are women's giving circles and Black giving circles, Jewish, Muslim and interfaith.

有女性捐赠圈, 黑人捐赠圈, 犹太人、穆斯林、 跨宗教的捐赠圈。

【29】Giving circles that focus on climate change and civic engagement.

关注气候变化的捐赠圈, 关注公民参与的捐赠圈。

【30】Cross-class and cross-race giving circles.

跨阶级、跨人种的捐赠圈。

【31】Asian Pacific Islanders and Latinx LGBTQ.

亚太岛民、 拉美性少数群体的捐赠圈。

【32】Giving circles inside companies.

公司内部的捐赠圈。

【33】And social clubs and virtual.

社交俱乐部、线上的捐赠圈。

【34】There are giving circles in Malawi and China and Germany.

马拉维、中国、德国 都有捐赠圈。

【35】So these groups keep getting together year over year because collective giving is powerful.

这些人年复一年地聚在一起, 因为集体捐赠太强大了。

【36】We can have a much bigger impact together than we can alone.

比起孤军奋战,大家的力量 能带来的影响要大得多。

【37】So what is the secret?

有什么秘诀呢?

【38】I'm here to show you the four steps to start a thriving giving circle.

我要教给大家四步,告诉你 如何创建一个蓬勃发展的捐赠圈。

【39】The first step is to create belonging.

第一步,创造归属感。

【40】The concept of people banding together to create change is as old as humanity itself.

大家联合起来 做出改变的这个概念 自人类诞生之日起就为人所知。

【41】And collective giving has roots in cultures all around the world.

集体捐赠的行为 扎根在世界各地的文化当中。

【42】But today we don't even talk to our neighbors anymore.

但是,我们现在都不会和邻居聊天。

【43】But by belonging to something that is bigger than ourselves and the collective power of our dreams and voices, that is what creates that lasting commitment to each other and to change.

但是如果人们的归属感 不再局限于自己一个人, 我们的理想与想法的集体力量, 可以创造出 互相之间做出改变的承诺。

【44】Now [with] giving circles, you start with a group.

要创建一个捐赠圈, 你要从一群人开始。

【45】Friends, neighbors, colleagues.

朋友、邻居、同事。

【46】And you take the time to deepen those relationships.

你得花点时间巩固这些关系。

【47】Those folks back in my living room, we basically started as strangers.

刚说的我客厅里的这些人, 我们就是从陌生人做起的。

【48】But because we ate together and laughed together and shared stories and decided on our shared set of values, we ended up creating a lasting community that gets together year over year.

但是我们一起吃饭,一起欢笑, 分享故事, 决定我们共同的价值观, 让我们建立了一个持久的社群, 年复一年地聚在一起。

【49】Giving circles make you feel at home.

捐赠圈给了你家的感觉。

【50】The second step is to hold space for discourse.

第二步,给大家发表见解的空间。

【51】It can be completely, completely overwhelming to know how to make an impact as an individual.

大家可能很难接受 就靠一个人要怎样创造影响。

【52】But in a giving circle, you have the opportunity to learn together.

但是在捐赠圈里, 你有与大家一起学习的机会。

【53】Dozens of people engaging in challenging conversations, getting new perspectives about the issues in their communities.

一群人进行有挑战性的对话, 对社区里的问题产生新见解。

【54】We work across differences and ideologies and viewpoints.

我们有着差异、分歧和异见。

【55】But because everyone has an equal voice, we always walk in with something to share and walk away with something learned.

但是大家的意见都同等重要, 我们通常带着想要分享的内容去, 带着学到的东西走。

【56】And back in my living room, we’re tackling the hardest part: to decide where are we giving together.

在我的客厅里, 我们在讨论最难的一部分: 决定捐款的去向。

【57】So we'll learn and then we'll vote, and we'll discuss, and we'll change our minds.

所以我们学习、投票、 讨论、改变意见,

【58】And then we'll change our minds again.

然后再次调整意见。

【59】But beyond fail, we always come to an agreement at the end because we come with an open heart and an open mind.

但是我们不会谈崩, 我们最终总是会达成一致, 因为我们带着豁达的心态、 自由的思想而来。

【60】Now giving circle, is not about me or you.

捐赠圈 不是你或者我,

【61】It's about us together.

而是我们一起。

【62】And once we have shared and discussed, the third step is to give with trust.

我们分享了,讨论了, 接下来的第三步就是 带着信任去捐赠。

【63】Because in a giving circle, we give altogether to a shared pot of funding before even knowing where that money is going to go.

因为在捐赠圈里, 我们都把钱投入 一个公共的资金池, 甚至早于知晓钱款去向。

【64】We trust each other, and that trust extends to the groups that we're funding.

我们互相信任, 也将信任给予了 我们要资助的对象。

【65】Tonight we're deciding to give to a small nonprofit with a tiny, tiny budget.

今晚,我们决定要为一个 小型非营利组织 捐赠很小一笔钱。

【66】These numbers may shock you, but in the US, 88 percent of funding goes to just the top five percent of nonprofits.

这数目可能会让你很吃惊, 但是在美国, 88% 的捐款 都会流向最顶层 5% 的非营利组织。

【67】And groups led by Black and Latino leaders get far less funding than similar groups led by white leaders.

黑人和拉美人领导的组织 远比白人领导的组织 获得的资金少得多。

【68】My giving circle, we give as you would to a loved one, looking them in the eyes.

在我的捐赠圈里, 我们的捐赠就如同捐给挚爱之人, 注视着他们的眼睛。


【TED演讲稿】诚邀你一起颠覆慈善的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律