全英|打压式教育到底害了多少小孩

打压式教育到底害了多少孩子:
场景1:
(Scene 1)
我正在查看电脑上的奖学金结果。
I'm looking at my computer, checking the scholarship results.
我:“天哪!我的奖学金被批准了。我需要在家庭群里分享一下。”
"Oh my God! My scholarship got approved. I need to share it in the family chat."
(我将奖学金的截图发送到家庭群。)
{I send a screenshot of the scholarship to the family group.}
:“👍这个奖学金有多少钱?”
: "👍 How much is the scholarship worth?"
场景2:
(Scene 2)
我成为了一个视频博主。
I become a video blogger.
我:“有这么多人观看我的视频,我真的很开心。”
"So many people are watching my videos. I'm really happy."
:“你有多少粉丝?你赚了多少钱?”
: "How many followers do you have? How much money are you making?"
我:“……”
Me: ...
场景3:
(Scene 3)
在家的一个普通日子。
A random day at home.
:“你为什么学英语专业?学这个专业能找到什么样的工作?我同事的女儿学设计,每月赚3,1000元,而且她只上早班。”
: "Why did you study English major? What kind of job can you get with that? My colleague's daughter studied design and earns 31,000 yuan per month, and she only works the morning shift."
我:“……”
Me: ...
这个小品完全是基于一个真实故事。
"The above skit is purely based on a true story.
如果有任何相似之处,我只能说我希望你一切安好,过上幸福快乐的生活。
If there are any similarities, all I can say is I hope you are doing well and living a happy and joyful life."
我要讨论一个对我们很多人产生了不可磨灭的影响的话题。
I'm here to discuss a topic that has left an indelible impact on many of us.
今天,我们将谈论压抑性教育以及从其影响中恢复可能需要一生的时间。
Today, we will talk about oppressive education and how it might take a lifetime to heal from its effects.
我是这个教育体系的产物,我亲身经历了来自父母的打压式教育的影响。
I am a product of this very system, having experienced the impact of oppressive education firsthand from my parents.
我家人很少给予赞美,即使我获得奖学金或在课堂上表现出色。
My family members rarely gave compliments, even when I earned scholarships or excelled in class.
即使她认同我的付出,也只是在群聊中简单地点个赞。
If she did acknowledge it, it would be a cursory thumbs-up in a group chat.
她主要关心的是我成就的经济价值。
Her primary interest lay in the monetary value of my achievements.
作为一个视频博主,她问的问题都围绕着我有多少粉丝、赚了多少钱以及能展示多少广告。
In my current role as a video blogger, her questions revolve around the number of followers I have, how much money I make, and the number of ads I can feature.
她似乎对我作为一名英语博主所培养的批判性思维、分析能力和视频编辑能力不感兴趣。
She seems indifferent to the critical thinking, analytical skills, and video editing abilities I have developed as an English blogger.
缺乏赞美和对更多成功的不断追求导致我始终感到自己不够好。
A scarcity of praise and a constant push for more success has led me to always feel a sense of inadequacy.
她不断地提醒我,我从来不够好,我不应该自满,这使我内心缺乏自信,变得内向。
Her incessant reminders that I was never good enough, that I shouldn't rest on my laurels, has ingrained in me a lack of self-confidence and an introverted nature.