温暖人心的日子 一场特殊的约会 A Special Date

译文来惹~
A Special Date 一场特殊的约会
After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner.
结婚21年后,妻子想让我和别的女人去共进晚餐。
This other woman was my mother, who has been a widow for 19 years, but my work had made it impossible to visit her very often.
这个别的女人就是我的母亲,自19年前父亲离世就孤单一人,但我工作繁忙,无法经常探望她。
That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner.
那晚我打电话邀请她共进晚餐。
"What's wrong? Are you well?" she asked.
“怎么啦?你还好吗?” 她问。
"I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with you. Just the two of us," I answered.
“我想花些时间陪陪你,只有我们两个,” 我回答道。
She thought about it for a moment, and agreed.
她考虑了一会儿,答应了。
That Friday after work, I drove over to pick her up. I was a bit nervous.
周五下班后,我开车去接她,有点紧张。
When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date.
我到达她的住处时,注意到她似乎也对这次约会感到紧张。
She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to honor her last wedding anniversary.
她卷了头发,穿着与父亲最后一次庆祝结婚周年纪念日的裙子。
We went to a restaurant that, though not elegant, was very nice and cozy.
我们去了一家餐厅,不算雅致但胜在漂亮舒适。
When I read the menu, Mom sat there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips.
我看菜单时,妈妈就坐在那凝视着我。嘴角挂着怀念的微笑。
During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation — nothing special but catching up on recent events of each other's life.
晚餐期间,我们进行了愉快的交谈 —— 没什么特别的,只是了解对方的生活近况。
A few days later, my mother died of a heart attack.
几天后,我的母亲因心脏病逝世。
It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her.
事发太过突然,我没有机会为她做任何事情。
Sometime later, I received an envelope with a note saying,
后来我收到一封信,信上这样写着:
"You will never know what that night meant to me. I'm looking forward to the next dinner. I love you, Son."
“你不会知道那晚对我的意义。我期待着下一次晚餐。我爱你,儿子。”
At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time "I LOVE YOU".
那个瞬间,我明白了及时说 “我爱你” 的重要性。
Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till some other time.
生活中没什么比家庭更重要。家人值得我们花时间陪伴,毕竟这些事推迟不得。