欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【TED演讲稿】人人都可参与建设元宇宙

2023-06-16 18:23 作者:锡育软件  | 我要投稿

TED演讲者:Sutu / 苏图

演讲标题:Everyone can participate in building the metaverse / 人人都可参与建设元宇宙

内容概要:The promise of the metaverse extends far beyond digital spaces -- it can transform and enrich how we experience the material world, too. From video games that bring communities together to digital art that collides with physical spaces, augmented reality designer Sutu shares some of the incredible creativity that's sparked by AR metaverse technology and invites us all to participate in building its future.

元宇宙给我们带来的远远不止数字空间,它也可以改变、丰富我们的现实生活。增强现实(AR)设计师苏图(Sutu)给我们展示了创造了新社群的电子游戏,还有与现实空间碰撞的数字艺术品,分享了由 AR 元宇宙技术带来的非凡创意,邀请我们一起参与建设元宇宙的未来。

*******************************************

【1】Do you remember when we all had to stop the spread and stay at home?

你还记得我们为了减少疫情传播 而足不出户的时候吗?

【2】Well, I tell you, one of the unexpected, positive things to come out of that time -- well, other than the normalization of comfortable clothing in public, obviously --

我想告诉各位一个 疫情间意外收获的好灵感—— 我可不是指在公共场合 怎么舒服怎么穿, 显然不是——

【3】(Laughter) was that my industry, digital art and immersive entertainment, experienced a huge surge of interest.

(笑声) 我要说的是我身处的行业—— 数字艺术品和 沉浸式娱乐, 一时间备受追捧。

【4】More folks than ever before turned to their screens to seek out digital experiences and online connection and well, social connection in online spaces.

人们纷至沓来,对着他们的屏幕 寻求数字化体验和线上社交, 只能在线上空间里社交。

【5】We couldn't connect in-person, so suddenly, our digital lives took on a whole new level of importance.

我们无法面对面社交, 所以,我们的数字生活 一下变得无比重要。

【6】This sudden global demand accelerated the research and development of a previously sci-fi concept known as the metaverse.

突如其来的全球需求 加速了一个曾经是科幻概念的 研究和开发, 它就是元宇宙。

【7】In the metaverse, we will connect with one another as virtual avatars.

在元宇宙中,我们通过虚拟形象 与他人建立联结。

【8】We will live, work and play together, building a whole new, magical dimension of existence.

我们一起生活、工作、玩耍、 建立一个全新的魔幻世界。

【9】(Laughter) It sounds like a dream, right?

(笑声) 听起来是个美梦,对吧?

【10】Well, technically, it’s a programmer’s nightmare.

对程序员来说可是个噩梦。

【11】But if we can pull it off, it will become the world's largest community-driven digital world-building experiment to date.

但是如果我们做成了, 它就会成为迄今为止 世界上规模最大的 由社群驱动的数字世界建造实验。

【12】But we don't want to sit inside staring at our screens anymore.

但是我们不想 再关在屋里盯着屏幕了,

【13】At least I don't.

至少我不想。

【14】I love my digital art, but I want to take it with me out into the real world.

我热爱我的数字艺术品, 但是我想把它一起带去现实世界。

【15】So let's do that.

就这么干吧。

【16】This is (Never) Lonely Boy.

这位是永不孤独男孩。

【17】He's sitting in the abandoned lot by himself, until he's surrounded by his virtual friends.

他一个人坐在一块废弃场地上, 然后他的虚拟朋友们 聚集在了他的身边。

【18】Now, what if those virtual friends could join me here on the TED stage?

如果现在这些虚拟朋友们可以 来到 TED 的舞台上呢?

【19】(Audience cheers) Oh, bam!

(观众欢呼) 噢,啪!

【20】Hey, little buddies.

嘿,朋友们。

【21】Now, ideally, we'd all be wearing augmented reality glasses, but consumer-ready AR glasses are not quite there yet, but this is kind of cool.

理想的状态是我们 都戴着增强现实(AR)眼镜, 但是面向消费者的 AR 眼镜 还没有足够的普及度, 但是这还挺酷的。

【22】But how can we build on this?

但是我们如何在此基础上 继续发展呢?

【23】You know, what's next?

下一步怎么办?

【24】And is there a way for the digital experiences that we create to truly enrich our physical lives?

有没有让我们创造的数字体验 真正丰富现实生活的方法呢?

【25】So today I'll propose three pillars, for what I think will help us build a healthy metaverse.

今天,我要提出我所认为 让我们可以创造出 健康元宇宙的三大支柱。

【26】Starting off with pillar number one: community.

第一支柱:社群。

【27】So back in 2010, I had a very enriching experience when I got to collaborate with a bunch of geniuses in the Pilbara desert in northern western Australia.

时间回到 2010 年, 我在澳大利亚西北部的 皮尔巴拉(Pilbara)沙漠 与一群天才合作的时候, 受益匪浅。

【28】Meet the Love Punks.

来看看我们的 Love Punks,

【29】So we went about our digital world-building in a very analog way.

我们进行了一些 类似于创造数字世界的活动。

【30】We got dressed up, we put on a face paint, we built sets, and then we brainstormed our stories by acting them out.

我们换上了戏服, 脸上涂上油彩, 做好了布景, 边演边想我们的故事。

【31】Now, what blew my mind was how invested these young people became in their digital identities and their digital world-building, that it motivated them to show up every single day, for two years, to learn how to color themselves in the comic and animate themselves in the video game.

让我大吃一惊的是 这些年轻人沉浸在 他们的数字身份 和数字世界建设中, 整整两年一天不落地来参加活动, 学习如何在漫画中为自己涂色, 如何在电子游戏中 让自己的形象动起来。

【32】Now, the Love Punks began as a collaboration with a community of around 40 people and five grandmas.

如今,Love Punks 与一个社区合作 包含 40 人,还有 5 位老太太。

【33】There was -- Grandmas, they were the wildest punks.

真的有—— 老太太, 她们还是最朋克的。

【34】(Laughter) And in Australia, they went on to inspire a live-action TV series and a national curriculum teaching young Australians how to become Love Punks.

(笑声) 在澳大利亚, 他们的事迹成为了一档真人秀 和一门国家级课程的创意来源, 指导澳大利亚的年轻人如何 成为一名 Love Punk。

【35】(Applause) It's not bad for a bunch of punks.

(掌声) 对一群朋克“小混混”来说还不错。

【36】So that experience highlighted to me how the digital worlds we build can be a wonderful playground for exploring identity, for learning new skills, for practicing creativity and bringing our communities together.

这个经历让我深刻意识到 我们创造的数字世界将成为 探索身份、学习新技能、 施展创意、 联结社群的一片沃土。

【37】And that brings us to pillar number two: technology and more specifically, access to technology.

这就涉及到我们的第二支柱: 科技, 更准确地说是接触科技的途径。

【38】We need to ensure everyone can participate in this future metaverse.

我们需要确保所有人都可以 参与到未来的元宇宙之中。

【39】So around the same time as Love Punks, I began imagining how to scale these digital world-building ideas in my cyberpunk web comic called Nawlz.

差不多就是在 Love Punks 活动的那时候 , 我开始思考,如何将我的 赛博朋克网络漫画《Nawlz》上的 那些创造数字世界的想法传播出去。

【40】Now I imagined, like, a future digital culture where the youth had chips in their head that allowed them to project their art and imagination onto a shared digital layer that covered themselves and their city.

我现在在想,未来的数字文化, 年轻人脑袋里装着芯片, 可以直接把他们的艺术作品和想法 直接投影到 覆盖他们自己和所在城市的 共享数字层上。

【41】So like, they could hang out at the club wearing their virtual fashion.

比如, 他们可以在泡吧的时候 穿着他们的虚拟时装。

【42】Or they could get chased down the street by some crazy digital tentacle things that got pretty weird.

或者被变态奇怪的数字触手 在街上追着跑。

【43】That digital culture would be described today as an augmented reality metaverse.

这种数字文化如今被称为 增强现实元宇宙。

【44】Now we're probably not all ready to get chips in our heads, but thankfully we can access augmented reality on our mobile devices.

我们现在也许还没准备好 在脑袋里植入芯片, 但是我们可以通过移动设备 使用增强现实。

【45】So one day I received a mysterious comment on that web comic.

有一天,我在我的网络漫画上 看到了这么一条诡异的评论:

【46】It read: "We could make some of those things ..."

“我们也许可以做出这些东西……”

【47】Very mysterious.

太诡异了。

【48】So I clicked on the user profile and discovered that person was an augmented reality programmer.

我看了看用户资料, 发现这个人是一名增强现实程序员。

【49】So I messaged them back immediately: "Yes" Let's make all the things!!!"

于是我立即回信: “没问题! 我们把所有东西都做出来吧!”

【50】That person, Lukasz Karluk is now my business partner, and we augmented everything.

那个人,卢卡什·卡鲁克(Lukasz Karluk) 现在是我的商业伙伴, 我们增强万物。

【51】Augmented reality comics, augmented reality tattoos, stickers.

增强现实漫画, 增强现实纹身、贴纸。

【52】There's a cute little turtle.

可爱的小乌龟。

【53】Kids could color in their own kites and then fly them immediately as augmented reality kites.

小朋友们可以给他们的风筝涂色, 然后随即放飞 他们的增强现实风筝。

【54】I even AI hacked "The New York Times."

我甚至用人工智能 黑进了《纽约时报》,

【55】That was a little controversial.

那引起了些争议。

【56】(Laughter) We had a lot of artists reaching out to us, asking how we were doing it.

(笑声) 有很多艺术家都来联系我们, 问我们是怎么做到的。

【57】So we created tools to allow them to augment their work.

我们开发了增强作品的工具。

【58】And very quickly, we had a community of artists covering the world with their augmented art.

很快,我们就聚集了一群艺术家, 他们的增强艺术品遍布世界。

【59】It was beautiful.

太美了。

【60】I felt like my vision was finally starting to make some traction.

我感觉我的畅想 终于有了一些起色。

【61】But up until now, all the experiences that I've shared have been standalone.

但是到目前为止, 我刚分享的这些体验 都是互相独立的。

【62】For example, a Love Punk's avatar kind of like step out of the video game and then suddenly appear walking down the street beside you in augmented reality?

比如,Love Punk 的虚拟形象 像是走出电子游戏, 然后通过增强现实 突然出现在你身边, 在街上行走。

【63】Like, that digital bridge doesn't exist yet.

那种数字桥接还没有被研发出来。

【64】But what if it did?

如果我把它研发出来了呢?

【65】And this brings me to my third pillar: decentralization.

这就要提到第三支柱: 去中心化。

【66】So for us to move seamlessly through the metaverse, we need for our art and our avatars to be decentralized.

我们要在元宇宙里无缝穿行, 我们的艺术品和虚拟形象 就得全民共同参与,

【67】We can't be dependent on a single platform.

我们不能依赖于任何一个平台。

【68】Sorry, Zuck.

不好意思, 扎克(指脸书创始人)。

【69】(Laughs) I mean, what if that platform were to die?

(笑声) 我是说,万一那个平台挂了呢?

【70】We don't want to lose our art.

我们可不想失去我们的艺术品。

【71】So NFTs -- another word that's been flying around a lot lately -- help us to solve this problem.

所以最近的另一个热词——NFT, 解决了这个问题。

【72】NFTs are unique, decentralized digital assets, and they've also come to represent a new economy that has been widely accepted as the norm for buying and selling digital art.

NFT 是独特的、分散式数字资产, 代表着一种全新的经济模式, 作为数字艺术品交易的新形式 被广为接受。

【73】So not only can NFTs move from one platform to the next, but they can be sold and digital artists can get paid.

NFT 不仅可以在平台间转移, 还可以被出售, 为数字艺术家带来收入。

【74】And that all helps to keep the lights on in the metaverse.

这样元宇宙就可以正常地运作下去。

【75】So lately I've been kicking the wheels of my own metaverse called the Sutuverse.

最近,我在尝试我自己的元宇宙, 名叫 Sutuverse。

【76】Very humble.

很低调吧。 (演讲人名为 Sutu)

【77】And my first project in the Sutuverse is Neonz.

我在 Sutuverse 里的第一个项目 叫做 Neonz。

【78】I illustrated hundreds of cyberpunk characteristics like virtual reality headsets and face tattoos and antennas.

我画了几百个赛博朋克元素, 例如虚拟现实头像、 脸部纹身和触角。

【79】Then we created a tool to combine all these characteristics together to generate 10,000 unique avatars as NFT artworks.

然后我们开发了一个工具, 把这些元素组合在一起, 做出了一万个作为 NFT 艺术作品的 独特虚拟形象,

【80】We then put those NFT artworks up on the environmentally friendly Tezos blockchain.

然后我们把这些 NFT 艺术作品 挂在了环保的 Tezos 区块链上。

【81】Thousands of fellow cyberpunk enthusiasts collected them.

几千名赛博朋克 狂热粉丝收藏了它们。

【82】Thank you.

谢谢你们。

【83】We then connected our augmented reality app to that blockchain to allow our community to become their Neonz in AR.

然后我们把我们的增强现实 App 连上了这条区块链, 让我们的粉丝社区可以通过增强现实 成为他们的 Neonz。

【84】And look at us.

看看这。

【85】We're like a cyberpunk Brady Bunch.

我们就像是赛博朋克版 《脱线家族》(Brady Bunch)。

【86】And just imagine again, when we have those augmented reality glasses and we can just see each other down the pub like this, like, that'll be one hell of a Neonz reunion.

再想象一下, 要是我们有了增强现实眼镜, 就能在酒吧看到大家的这个模样, 这可是一场 Neonz 大聚会了。

【87】If you're not interested in the theatrics of putting Neonz on your face, that's cool.

如果你不想很夸张地把 Neonz 放在你自己的脸上, 也没关系。

【88】Because you can also put your Neonz floating out there in the physical world.

因为你也可以把 你的 Neonz 放进现实世界里。

【89】So there's some Neonz down in the snow, Neonz down the beach, Neonz floating above an oblivious cat.

给大家看看雪上的 Neonz, 海滩上的 Neonz, 浮在无辜猫猫头顶的 Neonz。

【90】And if you're not interested in the Neonz aesthetic, that's fine, too, because soon you'll be able to put any digital art you've created or collected floating out there in the physical world.

如果你不喜欢 Neonz 的审美, 也没关系, 因为你很快就可以把任何 你创作或收藏的数字艺术品 都放进现实世界里。

【91】So I feel like our Love Punks community and our Neonz community are totally ready for this future.

所以我觉得 我们的 Love Punks 社群和 Neonz 社群 已经蓄势待发迎接这样的未来。

【92】But how are you folks feeling?

你们呢?

【93】(Cheers) Are you ready for this brave new digital world?

(欢呼) 你们准备好迎接 这个全新的数字世界了吗?

【94】(Audience murmurs) Not sure?

(观众低语声) 不确定吗?

【95】Well, this is just the beginning.

这只是个开始。

【96】You could leave a digital artwork on the street corner for your lover to find.

你可以把数字艺术品扔在街头, 静待赏识之人。

【97】You could reinvent your backyard with an animated treasure hunt for your kids and their friends.

你可以把你的后院改造成一个 你的孩子和他们的朋友 乐在其中的动态寻宝活动。

【98】We could use this tool to simply cover the world.

我们可以将这个工具覆盖全球,

【99】Or we could use it to further connect us to this world.

也可以利用它 让世界产生更紧密的联结。

【100】I'm interested in the latter.

我更感兴趣后者。

【101】How can we use this powerful tool to create an augmented reality metaverse that truly enriches our physical lives?

我们该如何用这个强大的工具 创造一个能够真正丰富现实生活的 扩增实境元宇宙呢?

【102】Thank you.

谢谢。

【103】(Applause and cheers)


【TED演讲稿】人人都可参与建设元宇宙的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律