【看美剧学英语】《绝望的主妇》(Desperate Housewives)第一季

视频中的台词里充满了原汁原味的地道表达,有需要学习、练习的同学可以对照视频进行翻译练习。
Desperate Housewives S1 E1
1.My name is Mary Alice Young.
我叫玛丽·艾莉丝·杨
2.When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week.
如果你看了今天的早报 可能会读到一篇报道 有关我上周表现异常的一天
3.Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life, but that all changed last Thursday.
通常 我的生活并没有任何新闻价值 然而 直到上周四 一切都改变了
【句链重点】对比结构:normally与but形成通常与特殊的对比
4.Of course, everything seemed quite normal at first.
起初每件事情都显得很平常
5.I made breakfast for my family.
我为家人准备早餐
6.I performed my chores.
做家务
7.I completed my projects.
完成手工制作
8.I ran my errands.
取回干洗的衣服
9. In truth, I spent the day as I spent every other day, quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
事实上 这天太平常不过了 平静地打理着家里的一切 直至完美
10.That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet and retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
这就是为什么 当我走向走廊的壁橱 拿出从没用过的左轮手枪时 会如此令人震惊了
【句链重点】引出事件原因:That's why it was so +adj.+ when...
11.My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Huber, who'd been startled by a strange popping sound.
最先发现我尸体的是 我的邻居玛莎·胡博太太 她被这突如其来的声音吓了一跳
12.Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.
好奇心作祟 她想到一个 不请自来的理由
13.After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me six months before.
犹豫片刻后 她决定把半年前借用的搅拌机还给我
14.It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot.
我的邻居 她被枪击了
15.There's blood everywhere.
地上全是血
16.Yes, you've got to send an ambulance.
是的 快派救护车过来
17. You've got to send one right now.
赶快
18.And, for a moment, Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen, grief-stricken by this senseless tragedy.
然后 有那么一会 胡博太太静静地站在厨房里 陷入了深深的悲伤
19.But only for a moment.
但仅数秒而已
20.If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.
如果说胡博太太有什么优点 那就是凡事她都往积极的一面去想
21.I was laid to rest on a Monday.
我的葬礼在星期一
22.After the funeral, all the residents of Wisteria Lane came to pay their respects.
葬礼结束后 紫藤郡的邻居们 都去我家表达他们的哀思
23.And, as people do in these situations, they brought food.
他们按照惯例 带来了食物
24.Lynette Scavo brought fried chicken.
勒奈特·斯加沃带了炸鸡
25.Lynette had a great family recipe for fried chicken.
勒奈特家有很棒的炸鸡秘方
26.Of course, she didn't cook much while she was moving up the corporate ladders.
当然 当她还在职场打拼的时候 她很少做饭
27.She didn't have the time.
因为没时间
28.But when her doctor announced Lynette was pregnant, her husband Tom had an idea.
但当被告知怀孕后 她的老公汤姆有了主意
29."Why not quit your job?"
"你不如辞职吧"
30."Kids do better with stay-at-home moms."
"全职妈妈有利于孩子的成长"
31."It would be so much less stressful."
"这样压力也会小很多"
32.But this was not the case.
现实却不尽如人意
http://33.In fact, Lynette's life had become so hectic. She was now forced to get her chicken from the fast-food restaurant.
勒奈特的日子变得更加忙碌 以至于她不得不去快餐店 点了份外卖炸鸡
34.Lynette would've appreciated the irony if she'd stopped to think about it.
如果勒奈特回头想想 她会发现一切都背道而驰
35.But she couldn't. She didn't have the time.
可惜 她根本没时间
36.- Stop it, stop it, stop it. - But, mom.
-都给我停下来 -但是 妈妈
37.No. You are going to behave today.
别这样 你们今天得乖乖的
38.I am not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood.
我不想在整条街的邻居 面前丢脸
39.And, just so you know how serious I am...
你们要知道 我不是说说而已
40.What's that?
那是什么
41.Santa's cell-phone number.
圣诞老人的手机号码
42.How did you get that?
你怎么得到的
43.I know someone who knows someone who knows an elf.
我朋友的朋友认识一个小精灵
44.And if any of you acts up, so help me, I will call Santa and I will tell him you want socks for Christmas.
如果今天你们谁捣蛋 相信我 我会打电话给圣诞老人 告诉他 圣诞节你们只想要袜子
45.Are you willing to risk that?
想试试吗
46. Ok. Let's get this over with.
好 那就乖乖的吧
47.Gabrielle Solis who lives down the block brought a spicy paella.
住在街角的加布丽尔·索利斯 带了西班牙辣味炒饭
48.Since her modeling days in New York, Gabrielle had developed a taste for rich food...
自从在纽约做了模特后 她的品位有了很大的提升 只吃名贵食物
49....and rich men.
只约有钱男人
50.Carlos, who worked in mergers and acquisitions, proposed on their third date.
卡洛斯 从事兼并与收购业务 在第三次约会时向她求婚了
51.Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes.
加布丽尔被他的泪水打动了
52.But she soon discovered this happened every time Carlos closed a big deal.
但她很快发现 卡洛斯每做成一笔大生意时都会这样
53.Gabrielle liked her paella piping hot.
加布丽尔喜欢热腾腾的炒饭
54.However, her relationship with her husband was considerably cooler.
然而 她和丈夫的关系 却日益冷淡
55.If you talk to Al Mason at this thing, I want you to casually mention how much I paid for your necklace.
你跟艾尔·梅森聊天时 不妨顺便透露下 你项链的价钱
56.Why not pin the receipt to my chest?
干脆在我胸前贴上标签好了
57.He let me know how much he paid for his wife's convertible.
他故意告诉我 他为他老婆的 敞篷车花了多少钱
58.Look, just work it into the conversation.
不经意提到就好
59.There's no way I can just work that in, Carlos.
卡洛斯 我做不到很随意地插话
60.Why not? At the Donahue party, everyone was talking mutual funds.
怎么会呢 在唐纳修的宴会上 每个人都在谈论公共基金
61.You found a way to mention you slept with half the Yankee outfield.
而你却想方设法告诉大家你跟扬基队 一半的外场手上过床
62.I'm telling you, it came up in the context of the conversation.
我再说一次 当时大家就是谈的这些
63.Hey, people are starting to stare.
人们在看我们了
64.Can you keep your voice down, please?
你能小点声吗
65.Absolutely. We wouldn't want them to think we're not happy.
当然了 我们可不愿意 被别人发现我们不愉快
66. Bree Van De Kamp, who lives next door, brought baskets of muffins she baked from scratch.
住在隔壁的布里·范德坎普 带了两篮她亲手烤制的松饼
67. Bree was known for her cooking, and for making her own clothes, and for doing her own gardening, and for re-upholstering her own furniture.
布里擅长烹饪 自己缝纫做衣 亲手打理花园 甚至自己翻新家具
68.Yes, Bree's many talents were known throughout the neighborhood.
是的 布里非常能干 远近皆知
69.Everyone on Wisteria Lane thought of Bree as the perfect wife and mother.
紫藤郡的每个人都觉得 布里是个完美的妻子
70.Everyone, that is, except her own family.
每个人 不包括她的家人
71.Paul. Zachary.
保罗 扎克
72.Hello, Mrs. Van De Kamp.
你好 范德坎普太太
73. Bree, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble.
布里 不必这么麻烦的
74.It was no trouble at all.
一点都不麻烦
75.Now, the basket with the red ribbon is filled with desserts for your guests, but the one with the blue ribbon is just for you and Zachary.
扎红丝的这篮 是为客人们准备的 蓝丝带的这篮 是特地为你和扎克准备的
76.It's got rolls, muffins, breakfast type things.
里面有面包圈 松饼 和一些早餐食物
77.Thank you.
谢谢
78.Well, the least I could do is make sure you boys had a decent meal to look forward to in the morning.
我能帮的就这些了 至少明天早上 你们还能吃上顿像样的早餐
79.I know you're out of your minds with grief.
我知道你们悲痛万分
80.Yes, we are.
是的
81.Of course, I will need the baskets back once you're done.
对了 吃完后请把篮子还给我
82.Of course.
当然
83.Susan Mayer, who lives across the street, brought macaroni and cheese.
住在对街的苏珊·梅尔 带了乳酪通心粉
84.Her husband, Karl, always teased her about her macaroni, saying it was the only thing she knew how to cook and she rarely made it well.
她丈夫卡尔 总是嘲笑她 说她只会做乳酪通心粉 却还做不好
85.It was too salty the night she and Karl moved into their house.
在她和卡尔刚搬入新家的那晚 她做的太咸了
86.It was too watery the night she found lipstick on Karl's shirt.
在她发现卡尔的衣领上有口红印那晚 她做的又太淡了
87.She burned it the night Karl told her he was leaving her for his secretary.
在卡尔为了他的秘书离开她的那晚 她把通心粉烤糊了
88.A year had passed since the divorce.
离婚一年之后
89.Susan had started to think how nice it would be to have a man in her life.
苏珊开始觉得 生命中有个男人还是挺好的
90.Even one who would make fun of her cooking.
就算是个会嘲笑她厨艺的男人
91.Mom, why would someone kill themselves?
妈妈 为什么人们会自杀
92.Well, sometimes people are so unhappy. They think that's the only way they can solve their problems.
因为有时候人们很不开心 觉得自杀是解决问题的唯一办法
93.- Mrs. Young always seemed happy. - Yeah.
-杨太太看起来总是很开心啊 -没错
94.Sometimes people pretend to be one way, when they're totally different on the inside.
有时候人们表现出一面 而内心却是截然不同的一面
95.Oh, you mean like how dad's girlfriend's always smiling and says nice things, but deep down you just know she's a bitch.
就像爸爸的女朋友满脸微笑 讲话动听 但我们都知道她是个贱女人
96.I don't like that word, Julie.
朱莉 我不喜欢你用那个词
97.But, yeah, that's a great example.
不过 这个例子很棒
98.You're welcome.
感谢你们的到来
99.What's going on?
怎么样了
100.Sorry I'm late.
对不起我来晚了
101.- Hi, Susan. - Hey.
-嗨 苏珊 -嗨
102.So, what did Karl say when you confronted him?
当你跟卡尔对质的时候他怎么说
103.You'll love this. He said...
说得可好了 他说
104."It doesn't mean anything. It was just sex."
"这根本不能说明什么 仅仅是性而已"
105.Ah, yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
哦 是啊 花花公子手册第一页
106.Yeah, and then he got this zen look on his face, and he said, "you know, Susan, most men live lives of quiet desperation."
是啊 然后他就一脸无辜地对我说 "你知道 苏珊 大多数男人都生活在平静的绝望之中"
107.Please tell me you punched him.
告诉我你揍他了
108.No. I said, "Really? And what do most women live?Lives of noisy fulfillment?"
没有 我说 "真的吗 那么大多数女人 吵吵闹闹的一生又算什么"
109.Hmm. Good for you.
说得好
110.I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary?
我是说 那么多人 你就非要搞上自己的秘书吗
111.I had that woman over for brunch.
我还给那女人做过早午餐
112.It's like my grandmother always said -- an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.
正如我祖母常说的那样 男人那儿硬的时候没有良知可言
113.Even the limp ones aren't that ethical.
即使不硬也是没什么良知
114.This is half the reason I joined the NRA.
这也是我加入枪支协会的原因之一
115.Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences, I wanted it in the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home with a loaded Smith & Wesson.
当雷克斯开始参加那些医学会议时 我希望他明白 家里有个很爱他的妻子 和一把上了膛的沃森左轮手枪
116.Lynnie, Tom's always away on business.
勒奈特 汤姆总是出差
117.Do you ever worry he might?
你不担心他会发生什么事吗
118.Oh, please, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years.
拜托 这个男人让我四年里怀了三次孕
119.I wish he was having sex with someone else.
我倒希望他去和别人做爱
120.So, Susan, is he gonna stop seeing that woman?
所以 苏珊 他还会再见那个女人吗
121.I don't know.
我也不知道
122.I'm sorry, you guys, I just...
抱歉 姐妹们 我只是
123.I just don't know how I'm gonna survive this.
我不知道自己要怎么熬过去
124.Listen to me.
听我说
125.We all have moments of desperation.
我们都有绝望的时候
126.If we can face them head-on, that's when we'd find out how strong we really are.
当我们熬过去的时候 就会发现自己有多强大
127.Susan.
苏珊
128.Susan.
苏珊
129.I was just saying Paul wants us to go over on Friday.
我说保罗请我们周五过来
130.He needs us to go to Mary Alice's closet and help pack up her things.
帮他整理玛丽·艾莉丝的衣橱 收拾下她的遗物
131.He says he can't face doing it by himself.
他说他不能独自面对
132.- Sure. That's fine. - Are you ok?
-好啊 没问题 -你还好吧
133.Yeah. I'm just so angry.
没事 我就是太生气了
134.If Mary Alice was having problems, she should have come to us. She should've let us help her.
如果玛丽·艾莉丝当时有问题 她应该告诉我们 让我们帮她
135.What problems could she have had? She was healthy, had a great home, a nice family. Her life was...
她能有什么问题 她很健康 舒适的房子 和睦的家庭 她的人生就是
136.Our life.
我们的翻版
137.No. If Mary Alice was having a crisis, we'd have known.
不会的 如果当时玛丽·艾莉丝有危机 我们会发现的
138.She lives 50 feet away, for god sakes.
她住的那么近
139.Gabby, the woman killed herself.
加布 那个女人都已经自杀了
140.Something must've been going on.
这事没这么简单
141.- I wouldn't eat that if I were you. - Why?
-如果我是你 我绝不吃那东西 -为什么
142.I made it. Trust me.
那是我做的 相信我
143.Hey, hey, do you have a death wish?
等等 你有什么遗愿吗
144.No, I just refused to believe that anybody can screw up macaroni and cheese.
没有 我不相信有人连 乳酪通心粉都不会做
145.Oh, my god.
哦 天哪
146.How did you...? It tastes like it's burnt and undercooked.
你怎么能 这吃起来就像 烤焦了但又没熟
147.Yeah, I get that a lot. Here you go.
是啊 我经常这样 接着
148.Thanks. I'm Mike Delfino.
谢谢 我是麦克·德尔非诺
149.I just started renting the Sims' house next door.
我刚租下隔壁赛蒙家的房子
150.Susan Mayer. I live across the street.
苏珊·梅尔 我住对面
151.Mrs. Huber told me about you, said you illustrate children's books.
胡博太太跟我说过你 说你为儿童书画插画
152.Yeah, I'm very big with the under-five set.
是啊 五岁以下的孩子都知道我
153.What do you do?
你是做什么的
154.Plumber. So if you ever have a clog...
水管工 所以万一你有东西堵住了
155....or something.
或是别的什么
156.Now that everybody's seen that I brought something, I should probably just throw this out.
现在大家都看到我带来的东西了 我应该早点把它扔了
157.Ease up, you little vampire.
轻点 小冤家
158.Lynette, I've been looking all over for you.
勒奈特 我到处找你
159.Are you aware of what your sons are doing?
知道你的儿子们在干嘛吗
160.Cannonball!
大炮攻击
161.Stop!
停下来
162.What are you doing? We are at a wake.
你们在干什么 这可是个告别会
163.Oh my god. You said we could go in the pool.
天啊 你说我们可以游泳的
164.I said you could go by the pool.
我说的是你们可以在泳池旁边
165.Do you have your swimsuits on?
你们穿了泳衣
166.Yeah, we put 'em on ourselves before we left.
穿了 出门前穿的
167.You three planned this? All right. That's it. Get out.
你们三个计划好的是吧 够了 出来
168.- No. - No?
-不要 -不要
169.I am your mother. You have to do what I say. Come on.
我是你们的妈妈 照我说的做 快点
170.We want to swim and you can't stop us!
我们想游泳 你阻止不了我们
171.Here.
劳驾
172.- No! - Get out.
-别过来 -快出来
173.Think I won't get in this pool and just grab you? Get out!
以为我不会下来抓你们吗 出来
174.Get over here.
过来
175.Get over here.
过来
176.All right, give me your arm.
好的 胳膊伸过来
177.You...
你
178.That's right. Get over here.
这就对了 过来
179.Go, go, go, go, go. Move it.
快快快 走
180.Out. Get out.
出来 给我出来
181.Paul, we have to leave now.
保罗 我们得走了
182.Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.
你妻子的事我很遗憾
183.Go.
走
184.Lynette shouldn't have been so concerned about my husband.
勒奈特用不着这么关心我丈夫
185.He had other things on his mind. Things below the surface.
他所担心的是那些不会浮出水面的秘密