欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

全英|大学生当英语补习老师,被熊孩子气炸|我学到了什么?

2023-08-05 16:41 作者:Candida_  | 我要投稿

我暑期教英语的工作改变了我

My transformative summer job teaching English


我是Cándida,是一名大学生,今年夏天担任英语老师。

I'm Cándida, a college student who work as an English tutor this summer.


这是我的第一份工作,深刻地改变了我的观点。

It is my first job ever, and transform my perspective profoundly.


我负责指导10名小学生学习英语——备课、教授词汇、会话、写作等等。

I am responsible for instructing 10 primary school students in English - preparing lessons, teaching vocabulary, conversation, writing, and more.


在教室里,我遇到了各种各样的孩子。

In the classroom, I encounter all kinds of children.


有些人恭敬好学,这让我精神振奋。

Some are respectful and eager to learn, which uplift my spirit.


但另一些人则调皮而冷漠,在我讲课时聊天或涂鸦。

But others are mischievous and aloof, chatting or doodling during my lectures.


我必须学会不把他们的行为放在心上,并保持冷静。

I have to learn not to take their behaviors personally, and maintain composure.


一个男孩粗鲁地命令我削他的铅笔,没有一句礼貌的话。

One boy brusquely commanded me to sharpen his pencil, without a word of courtesy.


在过去,这种傲慢会激怒我。

In the past, such insolence would have infuriated me.


但我现在意识到,他只是一个不懂事的孩子。

But I now realized he was merely an insensitive child who knew no better.


我选择不训斥他,因为训斥他是白费口舌。

I chose not to reprimand him, for lecturing him would be a waste of breath.


这些事件教会了我耐心和宽容。

These incidents taught me patience and tolerance.


建设性地与各种性格类型的人打交道的能力是一项宝贵的技能,适用于生活中的所有努力。

The ability to engage constructively with all personality types is a valuable skill, applicable to all of life's endeavors.


在薪酬之外,我专注于全心全意地履行自己的职责——准备材料,反思改进,与每个学生建立联系。

Beyond the pay, I focused on fulfilling my duties wholeheartedly - preparing materials, reflecting on improvements, and forging bonds with each student.


工作不仅是经济交换,也是个人成长的机会。

Work is not just economic exchange, but also a chance for personal growth.


此外,我学会了尊重每个孩子的差异,而不是把我的期望强加给他们。

Moreover, I learned to respect each child's differences, without forcing my expectations on them.


每个人都有自己的绽放时间和方式。

Every individual blossoms in their own time and manner.


虽然很累,但这次经历让我站在了老师的立场上。

As tiring as it was, the experience allowed me to step into a teacher's shoes.


我对教育者所需要的激情和毅力充满了深深的钦佩。

I emerged with profound admiration for the passion and fortitude educators need.


这份工作极大地滋养了我的成熟和智慧。

This job nourished my maturity and wisdom tremendously.


谢谢你让我分享我的故事。

Thank you for allowing me to share my story.


全英|大学生当英语补习老师,被熊孩子气炸|我学到了什么?的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律