每日英语听力任务!坚持一个月,英语听力突飞猛进!第一遍盲听,第二遍英文字幕,第三

Reference:艾拉同学
中英对照
:Hello.
- 你好
:Oh, what's your name, honey?
- 哦,亲爱的,你叫什么名字?
:Uh, I'm Joe. Joe Gardner. Look, I'm not supposed to be here.
- 呃,我是乔。乔·加德纳。听着,我不该在这里。
:Ah. Must have been sudden for you. You see, Joe, I'm 106 years old. Been waiting a long time for this.
- 啊,对你来说一定很突然。你看,乔,我已经106岁了。早就等这一刻了。
:For what?
- 等什么?
:The Great Beyond.
- 往生。
:The Great Beyond?As in, as in beyond life?
- 往生?是来世的意思吗?
:Yeah.
- 是的
:That's death right there?
- 那不就是死亡吗?
:This beats my dream about the walrus.【因纽特语】
- 他比我梦到的海象好多了。
:Exciting, isn't it?
- 令人兴奋,不是吗?
:No, no, no, listen. I have a gig tonight. I can't die now.
- 不,不,不,听我说。我今晚有一场演出。我现在不能死。
:Well, I really don't think you have a lot to say about this.
- 嗯,我想这件事可不是你说了算。
:Yes. Yes, I do. I'm not dying the very day I got my shot. I'm due. Heck, I'm overdue. Uh-uh, uh-uh. I'm outta here.
- 不,不,我说了算。我不能在得到机会的那一天就死去。这是我应得的,见鬼,我等太久了。呃、呃。我要离开这里。
:I don't think you're supposed to go that way.
- 那边应该不是你该走的地方。
:This can't happen. I'm not dying today. Not when my life just started.
- 这是不可能发生的。我今天不能死。我的人生才刚刚开始。
