欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【TED演讲稿】一份可口的采食指南【英语演讲文字稿】

2023-05-13 12:24 作者:锡育软件  | 我要投稿

TED演讲者:Alexis Nikole Nelson / 阿丽克西斯 · 妮蔻 · 尼尔森

演讲标题:A flavorful field guide to foraging / 一份可口的采食指南

内容概要:Whether it's dandelions blooming in your backyard or purslane sprouting from the sidewalk, vegan forager Alexis Nikole Nelson is on a mission to show how freely growing flora could make its way to your plate. With contagious enthusiasm and a live cooking demo, she explains the benefits of expanding your palate to include "wild" foods that are delicious, nutritious and planet-friendly -- and gives three tips for helping others go from skeptical to confident in their own food adventures.

不论是你后院盛开的蒲公英还是从人行道里长出来的马齿苋,严格素食主义采食者阿丽克西斯 · 妮蔻 · 尼尔森 (Alexis Nikole Nelson) 正肩负着展示随意生长的植物能够被带上你的餐盘的使命。以感人的热情和一次现场烹饪展示,她解释了以囊括美味、有营养且环保的“野生”食物来开拓你的味蕾所带来的好处——她还为帮助他人在他们自己的食物冒险上从怀疑转变为自信给出三个提示。

*************************************************************************

【1】If a vegan falls in the forest ...

如果一个严格素食主义者 掉到森林里......

【2】And no one's there to hear them say, "I'm vegan!"

然后没有人在那听他们说, “我是个严素主义者!”

【3】Are they even really vegan?

那他们还是严素主义者吗?

【4】I like to preface conversations about my dietary habits with jokes because brains love the ha-has and because sometimes you say the word "vegan"

我喜欢用笑话 来开始有关我饮食习惯的对话, 因为大脑喜欢笑声, 也因为有时在你提到 “严素主义”这个词的时候,

【5】and people get a little afraid.

人们会有点害怕。

【6】Their mind immediately conjures this nonexistent super vegan who's an amalgam of every annoying thing they've ever heard a vegan say.

他们的脑海里马上浮现出 一个不存在的超级严素主义者, 这个形象还是他们听过严格素食者 说的每一句烦人话的结合体。

【7】And at that point, they're checked out.

然后那时起, 他们就已经不在听了。

【8】Now if you've managed to somehow avoid the zeitgeist for the last 15 or 20 years, one, tell me how.

假如你用某种方法, 绕过了过去 15 到 20 年里的 这种时代思想, 第一,告诉我你怎么做到的。

【9】Two, I will tell you what vegan means, because I'm sure you're dying to know.

第二,我会告诉你严素主义是什么意思, 毕竟我很确定你很想知道。

【10】So vegan is both a diet completely free of animal products and a person who follows that diet, often used interchangeably with "plant-based."

“严格素食”一词既指一种完全排除 动物产品的饮食习惯, 也指遵循这种饮食习惯的人, 通常和“基于植物”通用。

【11】But plant-based means "vegan" but not vegan.

但“基于植物”的意思 是“严素”但不严素。

【12】Like, not necessarily done to decrease animal suffering per se, but maybe to help one's health.

本质上并不一定 是为了减轻动物的痛苦, 但是可能是为了改善一个人的健康。

【13】But that is not the argument we came to have today.

但这不是我们今天要讨论的。

【14】No siree, Bob.

绝不是,老兄。

【15】I see some sweet-spot minds looking to tussle.

我看到有些小机灵想要抬杠。

【16】Not at my TED Talk.

在我的TED演讲上可不行。

【17】Now I am an outdoor educator, I am a wild food forager, I am a reluctant social media star.

我是一个户外教育者, 我是一个野生食物采集人。 我勉强算是一个社交媒体明星。

【18】And yes, I am a vegan.

而且是的,我是一个“严素”者。

【19】Audience: Whoo!

观众:哇!

【20】Thank you.

谢谢。

【21】That's not the reaction I usually get.

那可不是我通常会得到的反应。

【22】At the age of five, upon realizing that the cows in the fields and the cows on my dad's grill were the same cows ...

在我五岁时, 在意识到牧场里的牛 和我爸烤架上的牛 是一样的牛时......

【23】I asked my parents if I could go vegetarian.

我问我爸妈 自己能不能当个素食者。

【24】To which they said, "Sure, but let's wait until you're done growing first."

他们回答道, “当然了,但先等到你长大了。”

【25】So sure that I would change my mind over the next five to nine years.

他们十分确定我在接下来的 五到九年里会改变我的想法。

【26】Well.

嗯。

【27】Shortly after my 12th birthday, I took the plunge, and I gave up meat completely.

在我 12 岁生日后不久, 我跨出了那步, 并且完全放弃了肉。

【28】It took another 12 years for me to give up eggs and dairy.

我又用了另外 12 年 来放弃蛋和乳制品。

【29】And now between the veganism and the foraging, I have one of the more eclectic pantries in the world.

现在在严格素食主义和采食之间, 我有着世上相对更加兼容并蓄的 食品储藏柜之一。

【30】(Video) Meet the Indigo Milk Cap.

(视频)请看蓝绿乳菇。

【31】Let's make a fancy dessert out of seaweed.

我们来用海带做一个精致的甜点。

【32】Here is a mimosa tree.

这是一颗含羞树。

【33】Please be a puffball! Please be a puffball!

但愿是马勃菌蘑菇! 但愿是马勃菌蘑菇!

【34】It was a puffball.

那就是一颗马勃菌蘑菇。

【35】Now, foraging is the art/science of identifying, collecting and eating wild food.

采食是一门艺术/科学, 有关鉴别、收集, 以及食用野生食物。

【36】So if anyone's ever convinced you to try dandelions or wood sorrel, congratulations, you're a forager too.

所以如果有人曾说服你 试吃蒲公英或者酢浆草, 恭喜,你也是一位采食者。

【37】When my mom told me that there was a bunch of free food hanging out in lawns and sidewalks ...

在我妈妈告诉我 在院子草坪和人行道上 有一堆免费食物时......

【38】my mind was blown.

我的思维被颠覆了。

【39】All these free fruits, veggies and fungi that didn't require your water, didn't require your time and often were healthier than their counterparts in the grocery store.

所有这些免费水果、蔬菜 还有菌菇,不需要你浇水, 不需要你花时间, 通常比起它们在商店里的对应产品

【40】Cute little fun fact just between us, we did this thing over the last 100 years where we bred foods to travel easier, be bigger, taste milder.

悄悄和你们说一个可爱小知识, 我们在过去一百年里做了件事, 把食物培育得更好运输、更大、 味道更温和。

【41】And that often breeds out the nutrition.

但是常常把营养给培育没了。

【42】Let's take, for example, Purslane or Verdolagas, if you are in a Spanish-speaking part of the Americas.

我们来举个例子,马齿苋 或者如果你在讲西班牙语的美洲地区, 叫Verdolagas。

【43】It is a weed that grows out of sidewalk cracks in the summertime.

这是一种在夏季长在 人行道缝隙里的野菜。

【44】It is chock-full of Omega-3s, and it ain't a fish.

它富含欧米茄 3 脂肪酸, 而且它不是一种鱼。

【45】Iron, get out of here, Popeye.

富含铁,你可以走了,大力水手。

【46】And vitamin C, your immune system will thank you.

还有维生素C, 你的免疫系统会谢谢你的。

【47】Sometimes I will just stand in my neighborhood, looking at the ground like.

有时候我就站在我的社区里, 像这样看着地面。

【48】And I'm baffled that no one else seems to care.

而似乎没有其他人在乎, 让我很困惑。

【49】Now I am a forager and a vegan for much the same reason.

我因为基本相同的理由 成为了一个采食者和一位严素者。

【50】My love of this planet and its inhabitants.

我对这颗星球和它的居民的爱。

【51】But let me tell you, between those two identifiers, it's pretty hard to get people to try my food.

但让我告诉你, 在那两个身份标签之间, 让人们试吃我的食物相当难。

【52】You tell someone something's vegan and you're already met with skepticism.

你和别人讲某个东西是严素产品时 你就已经面临怀疑态度了。

【53】Tell them it's vegan and you pulled half of it out of the ground ...

告诉人们那个是严素产品,然后说 大半食材是你从地上拔的......

【54】It's a tough sell.

这可推销不出去。

【55】So today I'm going to give all of you my tips, my tricks on getting people to expand their palette and try wild vegan foods consensually.

所以今天我将告诉你们所有人 我的小贴士, 我让人们扩展他们的食谱 并自主尝试野生的严素食物的诀窍。

【56】This is not the Lying Liar show.

这不是谎言骗子秀。

【57】It is the Slightly Annoying but Ultimately Lovable Tall Vegan show.

这是有点烦人但是总体可爱的 高个子严素主义者秀。

【58】So today we are going to be making a snack that happens to be vegan, happens to be great for the planet, happens to use one of my favorite ingredients.

那今天我们来做一道 刚好是严素食品的零食, 刚好对星球很友好, 也刚好用到我最喜欢的食材之一。

【59】We are making sweet and salty kelp chips, a Korean snack known as Dasima Twigak.

我们来做咸甜口味海带脆片, 一道被叫做????? (韩式炸海带片)的韩国零食。

【60】Oh, thank you.

噢,谢谢你!

【61】A "woo" for the pronunciation, I was worried about it.

一个对我发音的喝彩, 我刚刚还有点担心。

【62】Now I know all of y'all's kids are obsessed with those nori seaweed snacks, so why not kick it up a notch -

我知道你们这帮孩子十分着迷于 那些烧海苔零食, 那为什么不更上一个档次

【63】Sorry - With a locally foraged ingredient: bull kelp.

不好意思 用一种本地采集的食材: 巨藻。

【64】I foraged this right here in Vancouver.

我在这儿,就在温哥华采集的这个。

【65】Now I'm going to go and start chipifying this seaweed.

现在我将开始把这个海草切片。

【66】Very official kitchen shears.

非常正式的厨房剪刀。

【67】And while I'm doing that, I'm going to give you my first tip.

而在我做这件事时, 我将给你我的第一个小提示。

【68】When introducing a dish to skeptical mouths, it is best to use a dish that is not pretending to be something else.

在为持怀疑态度的人 介绍一道菜时, 最好使用一道 没有伪装成其它东西的菜。

【69】You know.

你知道。

【70】That way, they have no prior associations, no memories to be comparing it to of their mother's version of it.

那样做,他们就不会 有东西来联想, 没有记忆或他们妈妈的 做法来和它比较。

【71】Maybe they have no opinions about it at all.

有可能他们对它 会完全没有任何想法。

【72】I'm going to spritz these with a little sunflower oil.

我将给这些喷上点葵花籽油。

【73】Ooh.

呜哦。

【74】Smokey.

真棒。

【75】Now, seaweed and sea vegetables in general are a very exciting food space.

现在,海草和海洋蔬菜总的来说 是非常让人兴奋的食物领域。

【76】They don't require fresh water.

它们不需要淡水。

【77】They don't require fertilizer.

它们不需要肥料。

【78】They don't even require land.

它们不需要土地。

【79】They're just hanging out in the salty seas, creating ecosystems, creating oxygen for all of us to breathe, and creating these amino acid-rich snacks.

它们就这样飘在咸咸的海里, 创造出生态系统, 生产出氧气给我们所有人呼吸, 还被做成这些富含氨基酸的零食。

【80】In this day and age, seaweed is truly future-minded food.

在当下,海草是真的有远见的食物。

【81】They're an option I wish more people would reach for, as runoff, water access, labor issues and monoculturing plague a lot of modern agriculture here in North America.

它们是一种我希望 更多人会去接触的选择, 在径流、取水、人工问题 以及单一栽培 在北美这里长期困扰着现代农业时。

【82】Yeah.

对。

【83】Also they taste real good.

还有它们非常好吃。

【84】Those amino acids do a lot more than adding umami to your dishes.

那些氨基酸除了给你的饭菜带来鲜味以外 还会做很多其它事。

【85】Bull help on average packs 15.3 percent protein by weight.

巨藻平均带有本身重量 15.3% 的蛋白质。

【86】That is for everyone who asks where vegans get their protein from.

这就是给所有问严格素食主义者 是从哪得到蛋白质的人的答案。

【87】We're fine.

我们没事。

【88】Now as I said before, this dish is nothing new.

像我之前说过的, 这道菜不是新东西。

【89】It's a popular bar snack in parts of Korea, and we actually have a lot of accidentally vegan recipes historically.

它在韩国部分地区 是一种受欢迎的酒吧小食, 而我们过去实际上有很多 误打误撞出的严格素食主义食谱。

【90】And the reason for that is because up until recently, we did not eat this much meat.

这是因为直到最近之前, 我们都没有吃这么多肉。

【91】Which is going to lead to my second tip.

这也将引出我的第二个提示。

【92】It's a little spicy, a little touchy.

它有点热辣、有点敏感。

【93】Hopefully the promise of a food reveal will get you all through it.

希望给你们展示食物的承诺 能帮你们所有人撑到听完。

【94】And it is this.

也就是这个。

【95】Explain to your friends that the way that we are eating is not sustainable.

向你的朋友们解释我们的吃饭方式 并不是可持续的。

【96】Yeah.

对。

【97】It's not.

它不是。

【98】As we are constantly reaching for more land and more fresh water, we have set a precedent that our planet can not keep up with.

在我们不断获取 更多土地和更多淡水时, 我们开了一个我们星球 无法维持的先例。

【99】Tell them you are not trying to change their entire life.

告诉他们,你并不是 想改变他们的整个人生。

【100】You just want them to be a bit more thoughtful with some of their choices, to go for those kelp chips instead of maybe pork rinds from the convenience store.

你只是希望 他们对他们的一些选择 想多一点, 在便利店里 去选择那些海带脆片 而不是炸猪皮。

【101】I find that introducing people to wild foods in their area is an excellent way to foster their connection to their food.

我发现为人们介绍 他们当地的野生食品 是一个培养他们和 他们的食物间联系的很棒的方法。

【102】And it's a way that fosters that connection over shame.

而且它是一个越过羞耻感 培养联系的方式。

【103】And it shares a snack instead of an infographic or a shocking piece of media.

并且它是通过分享一份零食 而不是一张信息图, 或一份令人吃惊的媒体报道。

【104】Now moment of truth time.

现在到了关键时刻。

【105】Let's see how these guys are doing in here.

让我们来看看 这些家伙们在里面如何。

【106】Oh, yes, this will do nicely.

噢,可以,这样就很好。

【107】Now I'm going to be real real with all of you because I would never not be real real with you.

现在我将和你们所有人实话实说, 因为我永远不会对你们拐弯抹角。

【108】Some people ...

有些人……

【109】OK, get out of there, babies.

好了,出来吧,宝贝们。

【110】Some people are going to be salty.

有些人会又气又躁到发咸。

【111】And that's a funny thing for me to say, because this is salt.

而我说出来会很好笑, 因为这个是盐。

【112】And that's just the way it goes, we don't get to choose the pace at which people change, if they choose to change at all.

而那就是如此, 我们无法选择人们改变的速度, 这还是假设他们决定要做出改变。

【113】But, some people -- this is sugar - will be sweet.

但是,有些人 这是糖 会态度甜蜜。

【114】They will appreciate you for meeting them where they are.

他们会感谢你从他们的角度出发。

【115】For sharing a snack and a smile, and maybe you extending that bit of compassion to them will make them make some big changes moving forward in their life.

感谢你分享一份零食和微笑, 而可能你向他们送去的那点共情 将让他们在他们人生道路前进时 做出一些大改变。

【116】And who knows, maybe next time they'll be gutsy enough to try acorn cheese or something.

谁知道呢, 可能下一次他们能够猛到 去尝试橡子起司或其他东西。

【117】So share that snack.

所以分享那份零食。

【118】And make that memory.

创造那份回忆。

【119】Thank you all so much for coming to my talk.

十分感谢你们所有人 来听我的演讲。

【120】Ooh.

呜噢。

【121】That was a nice crunch.

刚才那好脆。

【122】Happy snacking.

加餐愉快。

【123】Don't die.

爱你。


【TED演讲稿】一份可口的采食指南【英语演讲文字稿】的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律