【睡前读诗】聂鲁达|《如果你忘记我》(节选)If You Forget M...

If You Forget Me
如果你忘记我
- by Pablo Neruda
[智利]帕布罗·聂鲁达
I want you to know one thing,
我想让你知道一件事情,
You know how this is.
其实你也明白:
If I look at the crystal moon
at the red branch of the slow autumn
at my window,
如果我仰望明月,或眺望窗外秋日的红叶,
If I touch near the fire, the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body of the log,
如果我触摸篝火旁细腻的灰烬或者粗糙的木柴,
Everything carries me to you,
我会想起你;
As if everything that exists.
各种真实的感觉:
Aromas, light, medals,
香味,光亮,和金属感,
Or little boats that sail toward
如同小船,
those isles of your that wait for me,
带我划向你翘首以盼的岛屿。
Well now.
不过,
If little by little you stop loving me,
如果你渐渐疏远我
I shall stop loving you little by little.
那么我也会渐渐疏远你。
If suddenly you forget me,
如果你突如其来地忘记我,
Do not look for me,
请不用再寻找我,
For I shall already have forgotten you.
因为我应该已经忘记了你。
If you think it long and mad, the wind of banners that passes through my life,
如果你因我生命中的起起伏伏而思前想后,
And you decide to leave me
最后决定离开
at the shore of the heart where I have roots,
我心扎根的海岸,
Remember, that on that day, at that hour,
请记住,在那一天,和那一刻,
I shall lift my arms
我的心会连根拔起,
and my roots will set off
转身寻找
to seek another land.
另一片土地。