《我爱这土地》现代诗歌翻译(业余爱好向)
《我爱这土地》
To My loving Land
作者:艾青
翻译:凉快的小空调
假如我是一只鸟,
If I were a bird,
我也应该用嘶哑的喉咙歌唱:
I would sing myself hoarse of:
这被暴风雨所打击着的土地,
this land where storms are still raging;
这永远汹涌着我们的悲愤的河流,
this river which our indignation and grief will always surge in;
这无止息地吹刮着的激怒的风,
these unceasingly howling winds;
和那来自林间的无比温柔的黎明……
and this woods where the matchlessly gentle dawn we always meet...
然后我死了,
Some day I will die here,
连羽毛也腐烂在土地里面。
having my feather rotted here.
为什么我的眼里常含泪水?
Why tears will well up in my eyes then?
(Why tears always well up in my eyes?)
因为我对这土地爱得深沉……
For I can no longer sing for my loving land then...
(Because I am so much in love with this land...)
写作背景:1938年10月,武汉陷于日本侵略者之手,作者艾青不得不撤出武汉前往桂林,并于1938年11月17日写下这首诗歌表达其对侵略者的刻骨仇恨与对祖国深沉的爱。
Background: In October, 1938, Wuhan fell to the Japanese invaders; Ai Qing(艾青), the writer of this poem, therefore had to leave Wuhan for Guilin. He wrote this poem on November, 17th the same year, expressing his intense hatred for the invaders and profound love for his motherland.