欢迎光临散文网 会员登陆 & 注册

【TED演讲稿】涵盖身心障碍求职人士的未来

2023-06-06 14:53 作者:锡育软件  | 我要投稿

TED演讲者:Ryan Gersava / 瑞恩·格萨瓦

演讲标题:A disability-inclusive future of work / 涵盖身心障碍求职人士的未来

内容概要:One billion people worldwide are living with a disability, and too many of them are left unemployed or feeling like they need to hide their conditions due to discriminatory hiring practices, says social innovator and TED Fellow Ryan Gersava. With a focus on healing and disclosure, he created an online school to provide people like him with the technical skills and employment aid they need to thrive. Now he's calling for every company to initiate efforts to welcome and support those with disabilities, creating a future of work that leaves no one behind.

瑞恩·格萨瓦(Ryan Gersava)是TED Fellows项目成员之一,致力社会革新。他表示:“全世界有十亿身心障碍者,其中相当多人没有工作,或认为面对歧视身心障碍者的招聘流程,需要隐瞒真实状况。瑞恩专注于疗愈和袒露,打造线上学校协助身心障碍者培养专业技能并就业。他呼吁每个公司努力支持并欢迎身心障碍者,共建不落下一个人的工作未来。

*******************************************

【1】If you identify as a person with disability, kindly close your eyes, and in your head, repeat after me:

如果你是身心障碍者, 请闭上双眼, 在脑海中跟着我说:

【2】I am a person with disability.

我是 身心障碍者。

【3】Thank you.

谢谢

【4】I have bipolar disorder, type two.

我患有双相情感障碍,二型。

【5】I am brave to say it now, but it actually took me almost 20 years to be clinically diagnosed.

现在我能勇敢地说出来, 但其实我过了近二十年 才去进行临床诊断。

【6】I had all the symptoms, but I did not seek for medical attention.

所有的症状我都有, 但就是没有就医。

【7】Now I'm giving myself a gift.

现在我想给自己一份礼物。

【8】If I can be real honest, I was in denial, and I was ashamed of it.

说实话, 以前我自我否定倍感羞耻。

【9】And here's another interesting story.

来谈谈另一件“趣事”。

【10】My bipolar diagnosis was actually prompted by having a chronic illness.

我双相障碍的诊断 其实是一种慢性病引起的。

【11】I know.

是的。

【12】And in the Philippines, having a chronic disease can be a reason for employment discrimination, which I experienced firsthand.

而在菲律宾, 患有慢性病可能会导致被就业歧视, 我有亲身经历。

【13】And since nobody decided to employ me, I decided to employ myself, and started my company instead, to contribute in building the future of work that leaves no one behind.

既然没人愿意聘用我, 我就自己当老板, 成立了一家公司, 力图打造不把任何一人落下的 工作未来。

【14】Little did I know --

当时我还不知道——

【15】(Applause) that starting this company -- thank you -- also triggered my healing journey in embracing my reality as a person living with disability.

(掌声) 创立这家公司—— 谢谢—— 促使我踏上疗愈之旅 开始拥抱我有身心障碍的现实。

【16】Worldwide, one in seven people has a disability.

七分之一的世界人口有身心障碍。

【17】Disability is a reality that affects us all.

身心障碍这一现实影响着所有人。

【18】It's part of the diversity of human experience.

也构成人类经历多样性的一部分。

【19】We may be born with it, acquire it through an accident or aging, or as a result of trauma and abuse.

身心障碍可能是先天的, 也可能由意外、年龄增长, 或创伤和虐待造成。

【20】Over one billion people with disability in the world.

全世界有超过十亿的身心障碍者。

【21】Hundreds of them are unemployed, especially in developing countries like the Philippines.

其中相当多的人没有工作, 在发展中国家更是 如此比如菲律宾。

【22】Their economic inactivity and unemployment puts them at a greater risk of insufficient social protection, making them more vulnerable to extreme poverty.

由于经济不活跃就业率低 身心障碍者更有可能面临 社会保障不足的境况, 更有可能陷入极端贫困。

【23】And the impact on our global economy?

这对全球经济的影响呢?

【24】Trillions of US dollars lost in GDP.

GDP(国内生产总值) 损失数万亿美元。

【25】That's before the pandemic.

疫情前的状况便如此。

【26】Trillions lost because our society excludes people like me

因为社会限制和 我一样的人找到工作

【27】[from] simply getting a job.

而损失数万亿。

【28】And it's not just me.

不仅是我。

【29】Almost everyone in my team experienced this systemic problem.

我们团队里几乎所有人 都经历过这种体制问题。

【30】So we built a virtual school that equips our students with the skills and the mindset to work as online service providers.

因此我们打造了线上学校 帮助学生具备应有的技能和思维 以提供线上服务。

【31】We have hundreds of graduates in over 60 cities and provinces all over the Philippines, earning an average income that is 60 percent above the minimum wage.

我们有数百名毕业生遍布菲律宾, 超过60个省市。 他们的平均收入比最低薪资高60%

【32】But we realize that for vocational programs to be truly sustainable and effective, technical skills and employment support are not enough.

但我们意识到 要想职业培训项目有效地持续, 光有专业技术和就业支持还不够。

【33】So we invested in having a resident psychologist to help our students process their past experiences, restore human dignity and embrace their realities.

所以我们不惜聘用一名常驻心理学家 来协助学生处理过往的经历, 重塑为人的尊严 拥抱现实。

【34】After completing our program, 92.6 percent claim that they have embraced and they have understood their disability.

从项目毕业后 92.6%的学生 表示自己已经拥抱并理解了 身心障碍的现实。

【35】So my advice to organizations that are investing in talents with disability is to look internally and identify unconscious bias of our people around those disabilities.

所以我想建议 各个培养身心障碍人才的组织 思考内部问题 认识对身心障碍者无意识的偏见。

【36】From there, validate and address their fears, and work with your people to cocreate a solution -- an inclusive solution -- together.

认出之后承认并处理他们的恐惧, 彼此合作打造解决方案 不把一个人落下 一起努力。

【37】This is how we can build and sustain a safe space that nurtures healing and disclosure.

这样我们就能创造并维护 一个安全地带 供人们疗愈 袒露心声。

【38】Disclosure is the key to this systemic and intergenerational problem.

对于这世代以来的 体制问题袒露是关键。

【39】Speaking from my personal experience, the journey to embracing a disability is painful.

根据我的个人经历, 拥抱身心障碍的旅途 很痛苦。

【40】It's like coming out of the closet or sharing a story of sexual assault.

就好比出柜 或说出被性侵的过往。

【41】It forces us to revisit the hidden past or confront an uncertain future.

这迫使我们重新回顾藏在角落的往事 正视未来的不确定性。

【42】It is extremely difficult, and it requires a strong support system, something that you and I can build together.

这万分艰难, 需要有力的系统来予以支持, 我们可以携手打造这种系统。

【43】So that ...

这样一来

【44】hopefully, less and less people will ... suffer in silence.

希望默默受苦的人越来越少。

【45】We need to effectively heal to fight inequality.

我们需要有效的疗愈 以抗争不公平。

【46】The only way for us to build, to truly build a world where people can truly find belonging, is to start with healing.

我们若想建立, 真正建立一个所有人都能 切实找到归属感的世界, 就必须从疗愈开始。

【47】Thank you.

谢谢。

【48】(Cheers and applause)


【TED演讲稿】涵盖身心障碍求职人士的未来的评论 (共 条)

分享到微博请遵守国家法律